SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Flounder

Cash: 744
Default Bait store on Holly Beach info anyone?

This is a bit of odd question. Does anyone know of the bait shop on Holly Beach - take a left onto 82 from 27 and drive a short ways. There is a bait store right there on the right that some folks has set. Just some freezers next to their home is about all it is. Anyway. I plan to head down there Sunday (wanted to go tomorrow but other things going on) and needed to find out if they are open or not, being Easter Sunday and all. Just looking for a number or address. I thought I had it written down. I know Cajun Fast Mart in Sulphur sales frozen shrimp, but the folks on the beach has better shrimp.
On the bait subject, how is the bait from Spicer Bait and Tackle in Hackberry? If anyone knows.
I do have a couple of cast nets so I will try to get my own bait as well, last time all I caught was a big rock and tore my net. Any pointers on a good place for that?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Redfish

Cash: 840

Meaux's seafood is the spot on the beach
Old 04-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007
Cheers

Cajun Fast Mart has everything in carlyss. Good shrimp(you must of got 1 bad one) many times i bought shrimp there not a problem. They also have squid,sardine, cigar minnows, and all the crab bait you can think of. Heck i even saw they had Ballyhoo there yesterday. What to do with that I dont know but they looked good.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Flounder

Cash: 744

Thanks guys. Looking at the map, Meaux's it is.

I've used Cajun Fast Mart the only 2 times I went down there last year. First time the shrimp were decent, the second time though they were mushy and stunk to high heaven. Bought three tubs that day, all bad. Ended up tossing out for the crabs. I've used their mullet and squid with no problems though. All the shrimp I have got from there have been about the size of my little finger. Maybe I grabbed from the wrong freezer? Im not knocking the place by no means. I will make a stop in there to pick up some tackle (can't buy the stuff up here) and bait. Just had better luck with shrimp Meaux's.

The place on the beach - Meaux's-, their shrimp were still.... spikey. Like they were just tossed in the freezer and they had several different sizes.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Meaux's has a metal building on a gooseneck trailer. Hard to miss. I think it is the last road to the East.
There is also Holly Beach Seafood, just south of Carlyss. Red building behind a brick house. They usta be on Holly Beach before Rita.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Flounder

Cash: 661

Not sure about the bait shop. I always bye bait on the way down there. Last weekend the shrimp were thick in the surf. You could catch all you want with the cast net. I know that doesn't mean they are still there. It was really kinda strange. The waves were pushing shrimp up on shore. We were picking them up by hand as the flopped on the sand. The sea gulls were having a feast. I haven't seen that since I was a kid.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 724

I use cajun fastmart I went awhile back and the shrimp were quite small but went back last weekend and they were a lot bigger they were about 40 count thet also have all kinds of crab bait and offshore bait but I've never been to meauxs