SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default And this is why I bought my wife a pistol!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/m...unshots/nTnGR/
Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

He got exactly what he deserved.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Sadly some BS lawyer will make it look like he is victim......they will say....why did she have to unload the gun....one shot was enough to scare him...he was not even armed....
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

My wife has a 38. The officers at her job told her she needed a bigger gun. So she wants a colt 45. Lol.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

That is awesome!!! They need more stories like this on the news!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

5 shots to face and was still alive. Doesn't say much for a 38. Glad this isn't a story of a multiple homicide or a mother raped in front of here children.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

she should of reloaded and emptied another clip point blank in his head
Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
5 shots to face and was still alive. Doesn't say much for a 38. Glad this isn't a story of a multiple homicide or a mother raped in front of here children.
It's not the round - I posted a video a while back of a trauma surgeon discussing the fact that handguns are subpar to rifles and shotguns for self defense. They are convenient and better than a stick or a bat. Would I want to get shot by one? No. But for home defense I am sticking to 12g. 00 buck.

Go back and watch that video - pretty amazing stuff.

This article ain't bad either…
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...-home-defense/
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Blue Marlin

And, of course MSNnow titled their coverage of this as "Trigger happy mom!" They've since changed it but, even when a gun is used to help save someone, they still paint it bad!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

00 buckshot
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
00 buckshot
Yep....
Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

Cant believe that guy only served six months....
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
00 buckshot
Got 7+1 in my 12 guage. I can't leave it out though with having youngsters in the house. Our pistols are up high, where the kids can't get...yet.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Got 7+1 in my 12 guage. I can't leave it out though with having youngsters in the house. Our pistols are up high, where the kids can't get...yet.
I'm thinking about getting a holster and screwing it under the top of my night stand and the clip will be hidden within arms reach too but a different location. The kids would never know it was there and I could be locked and loaded in seconds if someone entered my house in the middle of the night.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

They make pistol safes that use fingerprint scanners to unlock them. Anyone have one of those? I'd like one like that for a shotgun and low enough to fit under the bed.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
They make pistol safes that use fingerprint scanners to unlock them. Anyone have one of those? I'd like one like that for a shotgun and low enough to fit under the bed.
Looked at one today. Didn't wanna give Cabelas $250 though so, I passed. As my kids get a little older and are getting into more stuff that isn't theirs, I'll have one of these pistol safes. Would be pretty cool but, darn expensive for one for a shotgun.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Redfish

Cash: 810

She should be appplauded. Too bad she missed (yeah I know she connected with 5 out of 6 rounds but he walked away so she missed).

Now all the comments about kids brings to mind a question. Who has shown their kids all of their firearms and how to load them & make them safe? Are they or have they handled each of their firearms?

Yeah I know that is more than a question but here is my rationale behind it. I believe if you show your children what your weapon is and what it will do. then how to safely handle it under supervision you take the mystery and awe away so they will obey the rules and better yet know how to SAFELY handle it if presented with an unexpected occurance. I believe everyone should be taught how to safely handle a firearm whether they ever take up shooting or not or even like firearms.

Now my choice for in home defense is 12 gauge loaded with bird or squirrel shot. Why that load you say? Simple at 15 to 20 which is in home shooting distance squirrel or bird shot will penetrate a persons torso with a small spread and not penetrate the wal behind him that buckshot may. Perp is just as dead and not going to repeat the offense.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_snipe View Post
She should be appplauded. Too bad she missed (yeah I know she connected with 5 out of 6 rounds but he walked away so she missed).

Now all the comments about kids brings to mind a question. Who has shown their kids all of their firearms and how to load them & make them safe? Are they or have they handled each of their firearms?

Yeah I know that is more than a question but here is my rationale behind it. I believe if you show your children what your weapon is and what it will do. then how to safely handle it under supervision you take the mystery and awe away so they will obey the rules and better yet know how to SAFELY handle it if presented with an unexpected occurance. I believe everyone should be taught how to safely handle a firearm whether they ever take up shooting or not or even like firearms.

Now my choice for in home defense is 12 gauge loaded with bird or squirrel shot. Why that load you say? Simple at 15 to 20 which is in home shooting distance squirrel or bird shot will penetrate a persons torso with a small spread and not penetrate the wal behind him that buckshot may. Perp is just as dead and not going to repeat the offense.
Totally agree with your logic about teaching children about firearms. When I was young my mom hated that my dad had guns in the house. She didn't want me or my brother to be anywhere around them. To us it was some cool toy that only the grown-ups got to play with, so naturally childhood curiosity would take over and we would take them out and play with them when she wasn't around. Once we started hunting and realized it was simply a tool, it was no longer "cool". We would only handle the firearms if we were outside shooting, hunting, or cleaning them.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post

What model shotgun do you have that holds 8 rounds?

I have an 870 pump that hold 5, is there an extended tube available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_snipe View Post

I agree with this. My son (8) knows how to load and unlaod all my guns, I only have 4.

One time on the way to the duck blind we were walking the Marsh and jumped a deer. My buddy raised up and shot it in the neck from about 20 yards with 3" #7 steel shot and dropped it in its tracks. If it can kill a deer it can kill a human.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

I have an 887 "tactical" that holds 7+1 using 2 3/4 shells.
Attached Images
File Type: png 887.png (38.8 KB, 158 views)