SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Stormy day

Was suddenly awaken a little after 3:00 this morning. We were having a lightning and heavy rain storm from hell. I am so tired of waking up like this almost every morning but today was the worst yet. When I got home this evening the rain gage was full. It only goes to 5 inches. Around 4:00 am I got a call from my buddy Crazy Ivan. We talked about the time he was here and we had a 10 inch rain storm. It brought back memories. At 5:30 I talk to my customers. We hung around till after 9:00.

We got wet running to our fishing grounds. I was looking for bulls but once there an electrical storm settled in too near us so we had to move to plan B. Move several miles away to the next bay. I started looking for pockets of clean water and every place I went was a bust. Had not fished here in 2 weeks. Other boats were in the area looking for a good point or pocket.

Gotta love it! Our first fish is this beauty. The gut that caught it had no idea what he had. His buddy also was clueless and they asked what it was. The girl told them it was a flounder. I was then asked if it was good. When you honestly don't know, you are clueless. I told them I would just take it home for my cats. Ha Ha!

Our next fish was a sheepshead. We are not doing well but better than the hardhead and sail catfish we were getting. Before we move on from this place the girl hooks up to a trout and while she is landing this the guy in front fights a red to the boat.

We now have 1 of each. It is well after noon and the rain is easing up. I stay in the same area and move to an area where some fish are feeding heavy. Did not want to go into the pond so we sat just outside and casted into it pulling each fish out through the opening. 3 of the bigger ones went directly into the rozos on the side and we managed to get 2 of them out. One of them broke off. It looked like the leader cut on a barnacle. When they run through the root system of the canes they can tie the line into a knot. Notice the one in back feeding to the right of the guy in this picture. This fish had several pogies in it's stomach and some blue crabs also.

They even shot a short video of this guy being brought to the boat after I managed to get it out of the root system. You get worried about loosing a fish when it is tangled in the weeds and it is swimming under and around your boat at will.

One of the fish we landed had a brush with a prop at some time in it's life. It was not as healthy overall as the other redfish.

I got the fish pool today with this trophy. Believe it or not the hook was in it's mouth. I figure I foul hooked it in the mouth.

We got a few more rats but our box was limited today. I have tomorrow off and may do some scouting. Being out of the loop hurt me today when I could not stay in the bull red zone and only had dirty stirred up water in the local area. It was also tough because the tide bottomed out about 3:30.

Looking back Happy customers. This is the second time I have been with these guys.

Life is good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 07-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Flounder

Cash: 700

Good time on a tough day/ tomorrow will be better. Good luck
Old 07-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

This was today just before I called the trip.

This is not snow just wind and rain while the lightning is all around us.

5 inches yesterday and maybe more than that today.