SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514
Default What would you do?

If you cought the neighbors kids hitting baseballs at your car.
I asked um to stop and went back inside.
They did it again.
I asked um to get their parents.
I was yelled at and berated.then told how bad my moms yard looked with my boat and cargo trailer. And other coverd trailor with kiln in it.
They guy had a baseball bat so I called the cops.

What would you have done.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Call the cops and move all of my junk out of my mom's yard. Probably cut her grass too.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

that's all you can do, call the cops and file a report so if your windows come up broken or find dents in the car you have documentation of what they were doing.

I would also install a nanny cam that can cover the car and the kids hitting balls at it in case it ever needs to go to court for you to collect damages for the repairs.

azzholes like them will not do anything and just laugh as their kids destroy your stuff but get the cops involved and that "usually" puts an end to it.

sadly when you have bad neighbors like that, putting up a fence is your only "real" solution so you don't have to worry all the time what they will do next.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Calling the police is certainly a reasonable and prudent response.

These situations have many nuances and the best possible response also depends on things a long term resident at the scene is aware of, but internet armchair quarterbacks are ignorant of.

With younger children and first occasions, I'd be more inclined to work with parents for a longer period before involving law enforcement.

The older the children and the longer I've already endured their criminal mischief (past events), the less time I'm likely to spend at the parental level.

If they appear capable of harming me, and presented body language, verbal abuse, and were closing distance so that a reasonable man would fear great bodily harm ...

I would take timely steps to prevent that.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Beat em like Ike Turner on Tina
Old 04-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Calling the police is certainly a reasonable and prudent response.

These situations have many nuances and the best possible response also depends on things a long term resident at the scene is aware of, but internet armchair quarterbacks are ignorant of.

With younger children and first occasions, I'd be more inclined to work with parents for a longer period before involving law enforcement.

The older the children and the longer I've already endured their criminal mischief (past events), the less time I'm likely to spend at the parental level.

If they appear capable of harming me, and presented body language, verbal abuse, and were closing distance so that a reasonable man would fear great bodily harm ...

I would take timely steps to prevent that.
MG pretty much nailed it. Settle it amung adults. If that doesnt work then involve the police. If all fails be prepared to defend yourself if a threat confronts your safety.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Call the cops and move all of my junk out of my mom's yard. Probably cut her grass too.

This

L M A O

!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
How bout its not your yard so mind your own F'n business?
Not trying to start a fight. Didnt know if that was sarcasm or not.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Only thing I own is the boat. Mom owns car trailor and kiln.
We're she Gunna put it?
Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Red Snapper

Might add I spoke with kids last time they complied. But it seems the other neighbors said something about the windows on their house. Also a nother neighbor had a few ugly things to say to my mom about her car and how her house looked. I believe we're this guy got his poor attitude.
I am threw changeling my ways due to people who are not from here. My family has been in this house for 80 years they only 10. What planet do people come from that treat neighbors like this.

Might add we live 3 blocks from green lawn parc. Baseball diamonds and all were I hit balls.

I know it's sad but boy now I know we're da kids got their lack of respect for grownups and other peoples property.

We are still in US right. Can still park a car on the street?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
This

L M A O

!!!!!!!!!
Yep grass gets cut.
We just had two 80 year old magnolias cut down and stumps ground. Yard is recovering from sun bleach due to no shade. I'm working on compost tea to boost microbes and build turf.

Or am I expected to crap fresh growing grass for your visual pleasure good and bmac .

If so u got a long wait.

If you know the house and who lives here then you can expect a good bit of changes.
Namely house paint as trees coverd house and it needs it land scape as trees kept everything from growing .

Just not overnight fools.

I did get the gas lamp working after 20 years of neglect. I did that for mom and she cried when she saw. Memories from child hood.

Good don't be a moron.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
Yep grass gets cut.

We just had two 80 year old magnolias cut down and stumps ground. Yard is recovering from sun bleach due to no shade. I'm working on compost tea to boost microbes and build turf.

Or am I expected to crap fresh growing grass for your visual pleasure good and bmac .

If so u got a long wait.

If you know the house and who lives here then you can expect a good bit of changes.

Namely house paint as trees coverd house and it needs it land scape as trees kept everything from growing .

Just not overnight fools.

I did get the gas lamp working after 20 years of neglect. I did that for mom and she cried when she saw. Memories from child hood.

Good don't be a moron.

It was funny, laughing makes me a moron?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
It was funny, laughing makes me a moron?
Quoting does.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:24 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Quoting does.

Doubtful

Based on the information you gave, his response was the best so far. We have no idea where you live, or what the conditions are other than what you tell us.

Should they hit balls at anyone's property? No

Should they tell someone to clean up the mess? Maybe, depends on the mess. Pics would help
Old 04-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Doubtful

Based on the information you gave, his response was the best so far. We have no idea where you live, or what the conditions are other than what you tell us.

Should they hit balls at anyone's property? No

Should they tell someone to clean up the mess? Maybe, depends on the mess. Pics would help
Gona have to butt heads with you on this one Gooh. If it aint his neighbors property its none of their business what the yard looks like. Short of an agreement with a HOA they just need to suck it up and deal with it. If not they can move.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Gona have to butt heads with you on this one Gooh. If it aint his neighbors property its none of their business what the yard looks like. Short of an agreement with a HOA they just need to suck it up and deal with it. If not they can move.

I don't have an HOA, and when it comes to my neighbors laziness having an impact on the resale value (money in my pocket), then you better believe you will hear my mouth about it. It is my business when your laziness drives down the price of my home by $15k.

Not saying that's the case here, but based on what we know it very well could be.

There's the flip side of the coin
Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
If you cought the neighbors kids hitting baseballs at your car.
I asked um to stop and went back inside.
They did it again.
I asked um to get their parents.
I was yelled at and berated.then told how bad my moms yard looked with my boat and cargo trailer. And other coverd trailor with kiln in it.
They guy had a baseball bat so I called the cops.

What would you have done.
CALL CCA they maybe able to help you on this one.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

If you want a HOA, get a HOA. Ours specifies no marijuana use.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
If you want a HOA, get a HOA. Ours specifies no marijuana use.

Here we go....
Old 04-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
I don't have an HOA, and when it comes to my neighbors laziness having an impact on the resale value (money in my pocket), then you better believe you will hear my mouth about it. It is my business when your laziness drives down the price of my home by $15k.

Not saying that's the case here, but based on what we know it very well could be.

There's the flip side of the coin
I understand and im not trying to start anything between us. I have a neighbor that I wish would do alot better with his property. Even with that it is his property and not mine. Its his to do what he wants. Not my place to tell him what to do with his land unless I want to be on the wrong end of a gun. Same thing would happen to him If he came to my house and told me to mow my grass.