SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

I sure hope it wasn't a bait car if one of the "bait" was a handgun! Who is running that program? Eric Holder?

It is sad that we have to worry about our stuff being stolen out of our vehicles wherever we go, but that's the world we live in. My cousin has had 2 Yetis stolen out the back of his truck just this month alone. Both times from the mall. Theifs cut the cable he had locking it to his bed. What does he do after they stole the first one? He puts a bigger Yeti behind his truck and uses the same type of cable to lock this one up, and goes back to the mall. The first time was misfortunate. The second time was pure stupidity!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Someone broke into mine in Houston right before thanksgiving nothing in plan sight!!!
Bad thing is hotel had video of it as I was parked under a light and camera. Wouldn't give footage to cops and cops said they couldn't make them turn it over, is that not a bunch of crap!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:18 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

We had a $200 high end 8 ft long telescoping Frabill net stolen from us right off the pier at the Salty Cajun fishing tournament. After catching the winning black drum, we went to the pier to wait out the rain and wait for the food. Since the boys were fishing off the dock, they brought the net with them. When we transitioned to eating, the rods got put up, but we missed locking the net in the vehicle, and it was gone when we went back later to look.

This was one of those "fell through the cracks" kind of deals where no one was specifically tasked with locking up the net. We often stop to shop on the way to fishing trips, but we usually leave someone in the car to keep an eye on the equipment in the boat.

But any time kids are involved, there are occasional slip-ups. I think someone leaves the garage door open about once a month and the passenger side door on our car with manual locks gets left unlocked once a month or so. We have video surveillance at various key places, but I'm unsure how helpful that will be in terms of criminal prosecutions and property recovery. We do pay careful attention to it if there are suspicious people about or activities that lead us to think our property my be being cased. Certainly I think the police would use surveillance video carefully to apprehend parties responsible for violent crimes against people, but there are way too many smash and grabs for the police to spend a lot of time and effort recovering your property.

If the handgun had not been stolen by the perp in the original post, one wonders how much effort would go into recovering the iPods.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
UMMM I do! I have a dash cam that records front and back view 24/7 on a 3 day loop, FOR THIS EXACT reason, as well if one of these same sorry a$$ punks cause a wreck... they all lie, all the way down to the president

Which one do you have? I am looking to get one

Sent
Old 01-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
And yes, they are close to the lowest form of human. It's also easy to be smarter than them - cover your gun with work gloves

Sent

I agree. When I have my pistol wuth me I keep it between the seats. When I get out at a gas station or grocery store I cover it with a towel and keep my doors locked.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Usually I agree with your posts. But come on man.

I can't stand when ppl blame the victim. I should be able to leave anything in plain sight in an unlocked vehicle. A thief is a thief. Plain sight locked or unlocked.
I agree a "thief is a thief", however you do not need to make it easy for them. Nor should you make yourself an easy victim.....just saying the obvious.

Last edited by Speck Attack; 01-12-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Second suspect arrested in Charenton levee burglary

http://www.katc.com/story/27839619/s...levee-burglary
Old 01-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

yep dash cam, I have the same, fore and aft video
Old 01-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

I remember hanging our long guns in a rack in the back glass of our pickups ! Wasn't THAT long ago......well, seems not that long ago .