SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565
Default LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Somebody has too build chocolate city back up
If thats why u come over here to work please quit now LOL
Old 06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

At the time of Katrina I was dating a girl from mandeville. And if you drove out of chocolate city it didn't even look like there was a storm. They lost powers for a couple days. Rita destroyed everything in it's way from Cameron to longville. Katrina=water damage(turd floater). Rita was wind damage. A lot more wind damage than Katrina. If the levee wouldn't have broke Katrina wouldn't have been talked about much. Oh and I was 100% right. I said somewhere between Brownsville and Florida.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
At the time of Katrina I was dating a girl from mandeville. And if you drove out of chocolate city it didn't even look like there was a storm. They lost powers for a couple days. Rita destroyed everything in it's way from Cameron to longville. Katrina=water damage(turd floater). Rita was wind damage. A lot more wind damage than Katrina. If the levee wouldn't have broke Katrina wouldn't have been talked about much. Oh and I was 100% right. I said somewhere between Brownsville and Florida.
You are terribly mis-informed, my friend. Mandeville/Covington was not even in the path of Katrina. They were on the eastern side...the "weak side". In case you're wondering, the strongest quadrant of a tropical system is the northwest. You should have taken a drive 20 miles west to Slidell. If you did and you tell me there was no evidence of a storm...I'll know you are full of shat.

The true measurement of the intensity of a hurricane should be by how far inland it travels and still sustains that intensity.. Bustin' up a coastline is no big deal. That's what hurricanes do. Since there is absolutely no resistance, sure...it's gonna tear up everything on that flat land. Look at the tracking maps of both systems and you'll see that Katrina held Cat 2 and Cat 1 force winds alot farther north than Rita. I've only traveled the interstate over that way, and, if that's all you got.....there ain't alot to tear up after it gets away from the coast. Y'all ain't hardly got a tree big enough for a dog to piss on. So, stirrin' up crawfish ponds doesn't sound like that much of a feat.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Not to be rude but did you see the Mississippi Gulf Coast after Katrina, I guess not. My buddy from Gulfport found his truck 17 miles from his house and the sad part of it he could not even find one speck of his house. Drive the beach road from Bay St. Louis to Biloxi and tell me Katrina was not bad.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Since when is having the hurricane that causes the most damage to your side of the state a better thing....never thought i would see an arguement over this. I would hope that every hurricane that hits this side of the state is weaker and smaller than all the other ones. Those that are "defending" the hurricane that hit on your side of the state....did you even have damage to your property?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Gulf port Miss and that area was the worst part of Katrina ....New Orleans was just lazy people wanting the Government to help them

Rita destroyed why more than Katrina you just did not hear about it because the media could not find people on roof tops....because we had no roofs left

Just because cameron and the lower texas coast were not as populated as the Chocolate city ....we have lots of damage west word from cameron
Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Since when is having the hurricane that causes the most damage to your side of the state a better thing....never thought i would see an arguement over this. I would hope that every hurricane that hits this side of the state is weaker and smaller than all the other ones. Those that are "defending" the hurricane that hit on your side of the state....did you even have damage to your property?
Ugh, slightly. There was hardly a home in this parish that didn't have a tree sittin' on it.

I'm just correcting W, as usual.

I would have gladly swapped.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Swordfish

I don't ever want another Rita. Some folks just thought it was wrong because Rita was the "forgotten" storm because it didn't get the media coverage. My house was split in half by an oak tree and I was out of my house for over a year. Sucked bad and now I pucker everytime there is a storm in the gulf.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
I am not defending or agruing about hurricanes, W stated that Rita's storm surge was bigger than Katrina. I simply set the record straight that Katrina's storm surge was almost double. And yes I had extreme damage to my camp.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Great White

Quote:
Gulf port Miss and that area was the worst part of Katrina ....New Orleans was just lazy people wanting the Government to help them

Rita destroyed why more than Katrina you just did not hear about it because the media could not find people on roof tops....because we had no roofs left

Just because cameron and the lower texas coast were not as populated as the Chocolate city ....we have lots of damage west word from cameron
How many roofs were ripped off 50 miles north of the coast?

Like I said...hurricanes tear up coastlines.....all of 'em. That one is no different.

W, I understood the power was off at your house for 24 hours +?? WOW!!!! How about 3 1/2 weeks?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
I just hate the fact that people think Rita was nothing and that because 300000 democrat welfare foodstamp hood rats made for great media for a month just pisses me off....

All the deaths were 95% in NO and Miss had the greatest damage
Old 06-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post

Like I said...hurricanes tear up coastlines.....all of 'em. That one is no different.

W, I understood the power was off at your house for 24 hours +?? WOW!!!! How about 3 1/2 weeks?
There were a lot of roofs torn off 50 miles north of the coast. Power was out here for over 3 weeks and longer south of us. I'm 40 miles from the coast.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,300

How many lives were lost for Rita? Katrina?

I spent damn near 2 weeks in BR, St Tammany, New Orleans and Plaquemines. I was directly hit by Rita.

Katrina was much more devestaing. People didn't leave NO for various reasons. One being, many of them DID NOT HAVE CARS TO DRIVE.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post

My power was only out 48hours still had 28k damage ..I feed off hostipial line that is the only reason

5miles south of me were out weeks

Cameron was out 5 months
Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Great White

Quote:
I just hate the fact that people think Rita was nothing and that because 300000 democrat welfare foodstamp hood rats made for great media for a month just pisses me off....

Hey, I agree 1000000000000000000% with everything you said about N'Awlins. If you looked around tho, Katrina was not really about N'Awlins. Western St. Tammany Parish was basically destroyed by wind and water. 70% of the trees in Washington Parish were either on the ground or on someone's home. Believe me, the trees are alot different over this way. Hurricane force winds stretched as far north as Hattiesburg, MS....knocking down timber along the way.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:

I agree.....but it will always be a East vs. West thing because of the envy that the West has Big Lake......Just kidding
Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Tripletail

There is no doubt New Orleans problems with Katrina where man made (levee failure) and Chocolate city syndrone . The Hurricane did not even hit New Orleans, the eye of Katrina went right through Pearlington MS. Your wind damage and storm surge impacted the Mississippi gulf coast, take a ride one day on the beach road and see what Katrina did.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Great White

Quote:
There were a lot of roofs torn off 50 miles north of the coast. Power was out here for over 3 weeks and longer south of us. I'm 40 miles from the coast.
How far is it from the coast to the interstate?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Swordfish

Wrong. Katrina was ALL about n'awlins. If it wouldn't have been for chocolate city it would have been just as quiet as Rita.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Great White

Quote:
My power was only out 48hours still had 28k damage ..I feed off hostipial line that is the only reason

5miles south of me were out weeks

Cameron was out 5 months
It's on the coast. Power was out at Delacroix for a year.