SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Question I will Prove why More Boats = Less Fish

Here is what I do know and can prove why the more boats we have on the water = way less trout caught

Its not that the fish are not their , its that they are spooked away and removed from their normal living

This drawing is of real life scene I see almost every Sat or Sun I fish...and NO one likes to fish weekend but everyone does... I have seen this 100 times played over and over

Take the Birds out of fishing and this is what you have

#1 7- Main Reefs that everyone know (even Pilgrims)
#2 15-16 Reefs that most all guides know and regular fisherman
#3 7-8 Reefs that very few know about and are real low key

Here is a breakdown of ones who fish weekends by %(no birds just reef fishing)

#1 85%
#2 14%
#3 less than 1%

Look at this drawing....Now this reef is holding fish...has been all week and the 3 guide boats have limited out 4 days in a row each with 60 trout by 11am

Ok...Here is what happens Sat...Will use Commissary Pt for example

3 guys fish with a guide on Thur...They go back to work on Fri and tell everyone they hammered the fish on Commissary point.

5 Boats see them catching fish on Thur and 7 see them catching fish on Fri and they all taking to there buddy and say..We saw some guide boats on commissary hammering the fish...

Then someone says this to someone else and by Sat morning you have your 1st wave to Commissary point.....

So the Guide Boats set up on the valley that runs thought the reef like the last few days and start catching fish

Well the 1st wave of boats start to see them so they start trolling closer and picking up a trout here and there as they drift or troll around

Then about 8:30 the pilgrims cant find any birds and the weirs are all full so they see a crap load of boats on Commissary point and think thats where its at...... So they start motoring in and other are cutting them off while everyone watches these 3 boats catch fish.....

Now that all the fish on the reef are spooked by motors running ,lids slamming, trolling up wind while boat slaps water, trolling wide open and anchors getting slung 15feet...

Yet 3 boats seem to be the only ones who are still pulling in a fish are two.....So now all the boats start to squeeze on the boats and then eventually spook all the fish out.

Now the guide knows the fish are not far and probably just moved off the reef or to the edge but knows it pointless to fish this area anymore

So all the boats at 9am have 30-35 trout..... Which is half of what they would of caught any other day....
So then they have to pick and pick to try to fill the limit or come in short!

This is a proven FACT that boats will breed boats and kill the trout bite almost 100% on weekends for the best of the best!

Now most are good enough to go find fish else where and catch but its not long before they are spotted by a Pilgrim and the Pilgrims thinks he has discovered new land and he is right back trolling up wind, slamming lids, running big motor, tossing anchor and thinking what is that guy doing im not...

So on weekend I truly believe there is at least 50% less trout caught per boat than mon-Fri... And Fri is almost getting as bad as Sat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pilgrim Reef.jpg (82.9 KB, 666 views)
Old 06-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Thats about rite! Same here on the east side!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I don't like fishing big reefs until it gets colder.
Summer time weekends sux.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

Nice breakdown "W"
Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Red Snapper

The only place I did not see trout get spooked as much was Lake P. and I belive it was due to the depth of water (deeper water), but let one unique individual come plowing in with a record setting Olympic Danforth anchor toss, and it was time to move on! Its got a lot to do with the lack of common sense and or intellegence I try to be as quiet in my boat as when I'm deer hunting. It always makes me wander why the guys with the latest hip hop tune blaring at 6 A.M. and all day only comes back with a handfull of fish on a promising day.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
The only place I did not see trout get spooked as much was Lake P. and I belive it was due to the depth of water (deeper water), but let one unique individual come plowing in with a record setting Olympic Danforth anchor toss, and it was time to move on! Its got a lot to do with the lack of common sense and or intellegence I try to be as quiet in my boat as when I'm deer hunting. It always makes me wander why the guys with the latest hip hop tune blaring at 6 A.M. and all day only comes back with a handfull of fish on a promising day.

Yes lake P is 13 to 15 ft of water.... Big Lake is 3 to 5f....and when the spill was going on...we got every T-TOP lake P had to offer with no trolling motor and would motor right up to you and toss the anchor as far as possible

I was on fish and this one T-TOP with Duel 250 blew in threw his anchor and started grabbing shrimp... I was so pissed off...My veins were 3inch out my neck.... I drove up to this boat and ask what the hell was that....he looked clueless and said..Im just getting set up to fish.... .I said I see that but why did you just drive up here and spook all the fish out and then toss your damn anchor????? I told him this is 4ft of *&*#&&##*#*# water.... he said well Lake p we dont use Trolling motors....... I said in the most pissed off voice I had....THIS IS NOT LAKE P...ITS BIG LAKE...SO LEARN IT OR LEAVE BUT DONT COME HERE AND MESS MY FISHING UP BECAUSE YOUR A PILGRIM and wrapped 5 doughnuts and left
Old 06-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Redfish

Cash: 705

I like your thinking.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Red Snapper

Hairout

Sounds like you were MAAAAAAAAAD!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
Sounds like you were MAAAAAAAAAD!
5 donuts?? Poo yi!! Das mad for sure. I can relate, I got vein poppin mad at least once per trip.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Very nice layout and all facts! I fish Mon-Fri. and save sat and sun for getting work done around the house and what not, its flippin ridiculous on the weekend.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,193

Your logic sounds about right actually.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

I agree with W
Old 06-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 951

No Fridays are as bad as Sat and Sun!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Redfish

Cash: 749

one small error on your drawing "w" you dont have the second wave pilgrims close enuf to the guide boats:*****::*****:
Old 06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhntr03 View Post
one small error on your drawing "w" you dont have the second wave pilgrims close enuf to the guide boats:*****::*****:
I have thought about just tying off to you guys, it would be easier for me.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Dat der fella W knows what he's talking about. I purposely hooked my bait on my gunnel of my boat just to see if boats were rubbernecking. I acted like I was fighting a fish and low and behold, these Pilgrims slowed down and started pointing at us. Point is, 70% of the fisherman don't have a clue and see boats anchored and say, "Let's fish there. That boat just caught a fish."
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I have thought about just tying off to you guys, it would be easier for me.
You can just come in downwind plowing and tie right up to me chief.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Dat der fella W knows what he's talking about. I purposely hooked my bait on my gunnel of my boat just to see if boats were rubbernecking. I acted like I was fighting a fish and low and behold, these Pilgrims slowed down and started pointing at us. Point is, 70% of the fisherman don't have a clue and see boats anchored and say, "Let's fish there. That boat just caught a fish."

on Sat I would say 90%,,,,, We did the same thing last Sat..I had some of our Ohio guys we hunt with.... Me and Eric told them about how bad it would be Sat...It was not really that bad until 8 or 9..I guess they must of had some birds working long enough to keep them away for a few hours...We left it was dark...

But We pulled up to a spot on the west side...never fished it just saw some birds setting their 2 days in a row ..So i marked it

I went to drift Sat just to see if trout were holding and with in 10mins i had 3 boats stop and look and one come troll in.....I never set the hook
Old 06-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Tripletail

You'd be surprised how many times we are catching fish on one of those "smaller" reefs and see someone stop, how we pull up anchor and troll off, then come back and blow it out. 90% is pretty accurate.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

and if you dont know the meaning of Pilgrim by now....all I can tell you is look in the mirror.....