SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

What are yall going to do with all of this money from your record STAR turnout?
Old 07-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
What else do you do when you run into extra money???????

Gold teeth!!! Duhhhh
Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Close mangrove snapper
Old 07-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
How can you go catch a quick limit I thought CCA and big money duck hunters have mess up fishing on Big Lake forever, you talk so much trash you don't even make any sense.
Was kind of wondering same thing. Couple months ago the lake was ruined forever.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I can tell you what they are not going to do

Another year
nothing on big lake
Not going to stop erosion
Not going to stop oyster dredging rapping ( with scientific data )

But sit tight and they might push a limit on trout down to 10
Or make another trout slot for the state
Or put limits in how much finger mullet you can cast net
Old 07-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

I was more referring to how you and lots of others were just whining about how the lake was ruined forever and now you are saying, " I hit the lake in the am and limit out by 10am and been off water 7 days." I'm not saying the estuary doesn't need some TLC, but it seems like there might be some drama queen going on.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
I was more referring to how you and lots of others were just whining about how the lake was ruined forever and now you are saying, " I hit the lake in the am and limit out by 10am and been off water 7 days." I'm not saying the estuary doesn't need some TLC, but it seems like there might be some drama queen going on.
North wind July Buddy, north wind July

22 in box need 8 mo
Old 07-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Flounder

Cash: 712

the boycott of the star tourney. and the cca is a personal choice. I don't understand why you would come on here and gloat about cca success. I would hate to boycott where you work because of your gloating on this website.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
IMO there is an obvious problem with the estuary.... They catches that are finally being able to be caught by say 10AM should of been going on since early may. but we are JUST NOW getting decent numbers of shrimp into the lake in the last few weeks allowing for decent numbers of fish.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
IMO there is an obvious problem with the estuary.... They catches that are finally being able to be caught by say 10AM should of been going on since early may. but we are JUST NOW getting decent numbers of shrimp into the lake in the last few weeks allowing for decent numbers of fish.
extra long winter maybe?
Old 07-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
extra long winter maybe?
I agree with that also.... i happen to think that is 95% of the problem this year.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
extra long winter maybe?
obama
Old 07-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
obama
that too.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
nothing is ruined forever. conservation isnt being approached properly, thats the point. of course people can catch limits still... there are billions of fish to be caught!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
No need to explain because if he don't see the picture he don't know enough about Big Lake

Last years June and July were worst on record ,

This year we are catching fish that we should of caught in May , will this streak run dry like last year just later ? Yet to come ?

No one from Big Lake area supports the CCA for what they have done of doing on big lake !

They support a great money scheme of you pay us $50 and you have a chance to win a truck and boat plus other great prizes

It's a great sales point for most so why not buy in?

If you ask CCA what have they done conservation wise they will feed you fairy tales !!

Actions speak louder than words
Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

I bet that W's "customers" love the fact that they're on a guided trip and the "captain" spends all his time posting BS on the internet. What a tool.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
I bet that W's "customers" love the fact that they're on a guided trip and the "captain" spends all his time posting BS on the internet. What a tool.
What if Rex is actually "w"

MIND BLOWN
Old 07-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Let me go ahead and tell yall how absolutely f***ing stupid the triple tail limit is. Caught 43 the other day, 3 were keepers. It's about equivalent to saying you can only keep a trout 6 lbs or bigger. What's even better is when we got back to spicers and the wildlife and fisheries biologist was taking surveys, we told him we didn't catch sh** because of their stupid triple tail limit. He was so quick to shut us down and say "woahh hold up, it was soley CCA that pushed for that." He then went on to say that there is nowhere near enough data to have a limit in effect.

So thanks Raymond, I'm glad this is how yall choose to spend money, even though there are much, MUCH bigger issues. I also love the fact that probably 5% of the active CCA committee has even been triple tail fishing in the last few years.

How do yall plan on using this money to benefit our estuary? There isn't a single person that gets on here and gives us updates. Larry Reynolds takes time out of his day to interact on public forums, give is facts, and present data. You would think that if the CCA is supposed to represent recreational anglers, they would at least maybe come on here and other public forums and give an update every now and then. You're quick to back up CCA, but I doubt you can even give us maybe one or two examples of something yall are currently working on to improve our estuary.

So hurry up, call up your CCA big wigs and come up with an answer.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

Come on teal season!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Let me go ahead and tell yall how absolutely f***ing stupid the triple tail limit is. Caught 43 the other day, 3 were keepers. It's about equivalent to saying you can only keep a trout 6 lbs or bigger. What's even better is when we got back to spicers and the wildlife and fisheries biologist was taking surveys, we told him we didn't catch sh** because of their stupid triple tail limit. He was so quick to shut us down and say "woahh hold up, it was soley CCA that pushed for that." He then went on to say that there is nowhere near enough data to have a limit in effect.

So thanks Raymond, I'm glad this is how yall choose to spend money, even though there are much, MUCH bigger issues. I also love the fact that probably 5% of the active CCA committee has even been triple tail fishing in the last few years.

How do yall plan on using this money to benefit our estuary? There isn't a single person that gets on here and gives us updates. Larry Reynolds takes time out of his day to interact on public forums, give is facts, and present data. You would think that if the CCA is supposed to represent recreational anglers, they would at least maybe come on here and other public forums and give an update every now and then. You're quick to back up CCA, but I doubt you can even give us maybe one or two examples of something yall are currently working on to improve our estuary.

So hurry up, call up your CCA big wigs and come up with an answer.
great one bro. nice to see that not everyone is taking advice from helen keller.