SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

If CCA wants support from Lake Area

It 1st needs to

Ban oyster dredging

2nd
Revoke the triple tail size limit from 18inchs to none and keep 5 fish per person ( this would make 100% of the people happy )

If CCA does this I will donate $1000 every year to them
Old 07-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569
Default Thank You

http://www.joincca.org/about

Read the history portion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by T-TOP; 07-16-2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-16-2014, 10:15 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
oil spill affected habitat maybe?
I doubt it. There were several studies attempting to connect the oil spill with speckled trout condition, reproduction, etc.

They were negative. The oil spill is a convenient target, but the careful science doesn't show any real link or even any problem with the trout on the E side of the state. They had a cold weather and a slow start, just like SW LA, but is was the weather rather than an anthropogenic factor.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You are 100% right ducks are a whole diffrent ball game

But fish are not

I actually believe the whole state including big lake goes by the 25 fish possession law
Not 100% on that but I think I read that a person can have up to 2 daily possession limits (25per person) which means if true 50 cleaned trout per person instead of 30 state wide

I will have to recheck but I believe it's read like that
Ducks are federal.........sound familiar......with the ARS?

But the law reads the same on possesion limits.........if you get caught opening day with more than a days limit.....you are screwed......

same with fish in and out of season.........

I admit I'm not a "limit" guy anymore......but I was for years..........
I just don't like the taste of frozen anymore.....

I am not making some emotional plea to take a guides limit away......just don't think it's impossible to see them taken away ........and I don't think it's unreasonable.........

It has to be sustainable or you will be taking people on gafftop trips.......

It was the alligator poachers who are highly credited with saving the alligator population

It will be the guides and captains that will need to take the lead to save our fisheries........arguably they may not need saving right now........

What I can tell you all, is that if you go to bat with the feds the way you go to bat here.......you will not be taken reasonably........unreasonable people are treated unreasonably
Old 07-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Really what has CCA done on Big Lake ?? I last 10 or 20 years ?

Placed on rock levee around a island in turners that is washing away also

And one 500k donated reef "with bouys"

O and they supported a 15 trout limit with zero science
And triple tail Limt again with zero science

And only because they were getting destroyed by the public said they would take no part supporting a 10 trout limit with out new data ?? (W T F?)

But I have been doing my own work and have been in contact with other organizations who listen and have great ideas and want to help our lake

Hell Chenier Entergy has done more than the CCA on our lake in only few years than CCA in lifetime
Old 07-16-2014, 10:17 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
You are 100% right ducks are a whole diffrent ball game

But fish are not

I actually believe the whole state including big lake goes by the 25 fish possession law
Not 100% on that but I think I read that a person can have up to 2 daily possession limits (25per person) which means if true 50 cleaned trout per person instead of 30 state wide

I will have to recheck but I believe it's read like that
Not quite right. Possession limit is 30 in SWLA, even if caught in waters with a limit of 25.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I doubt it. There were several studies attempting to connect the oil spill with speckled trout condition, reproduction, etc.

They were negative. The oil spill is a convenient target, but the careful science doesn't show any real link or even any problem with the trout on the E side of the state. They had a cold weather and a slow start, just like SW LA, but is was the weather rather than an anthropogenic factor.
Makes sense............arguing points are rarely factual in thier entirity
Old 07-16-2014, 10:19 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Ducks are federal.........sound familiar......with the ARS?

But the law reads the same on possesion limits.........if you get caught opening day with more than a days limit.....you are screwed......

same with fish in and out of season.........

I admit I'm not a "limit" guy anymore......but I was for years..........
I just don't like the taste of frozen anymore.....

I am not making some emotional plea to take a guides limit away......just don't think it's impossible to see them taken away ........and I don't think it's unreasonable.........

It has to be sustainable or you will be taking people on gafftop trips.......

It was the alligator poachers who are highly credited with saving the alligator population

It will be the guides and captains that will need to take the lead to save our fisheries........arguably they may not need saving right now........

What I can tell you all, is that if you go to bat with the feds the way you go to bat here.......you will not be taken reasonably........unreasonable people are treated unreasonably
Saving the fisheries is about the habitat, not about the stocks. THere are plenty of spotted seatrout, redfish, etc. There is zero evidence of overfishing, but there is lots of evidence of habitat degradation.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
If CCA wants support from Lake Area

It 1st needs to

Ban oyster dredging

2nd
Revoke the triple tail size limit from 18inchs to none and keep 5 fish per person ( this would make 100% of the people happy )

If CCA does this I will donate $1000 every year to them
What happened to 25 or bust?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Ling

Quote:
Saving the fisheries is about the habitat, not about the stocks. THere are plenty of spotted seatrout, redfish, etc. There is zero evidence of overfishing, but there is lots of evidence of habitat degradation.

I agree...............I absolutely believe that you are hard pressed to hurt a fisherie with a rod and reel
Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
What if Rex is actually "w"

MIND BLOWN
If not, then what is rex's obssesion with W? Did he just randomly pick someone to dislike? Rex and Slickfish should start their own club. I really don't understand why a persons sole purpose hear is just to talk sheet about someone else.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Ling

.........you know........Lake Maurepas was dead when the harvested the clams out for road beds..........when it stopped the lake recovered ..........took a few years......but it did
Old 07-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
http://www.joincca.org/about

Read the history portion

yes they lie about it on their own website (its their website so who is going to stop them?) and they also regularly repeat this lie to reporters all the time so there are numerous stories falsely attributing CCA with being GCCA with a new name but lies don't make it true any more then if the website claims to have flying monkeys. but claiming to be the new GCCA helps them raise money and lets them lie and say "look we banned gill nets"

they get away with this lie because back in 1995 there wasn't the internet coverage there is today so if you google GCCA you cant even find any info on it because back then people weren't online 24/7 where everything was recorded and talked about instantly. heck you cant even find info on the gill net ban itself other then government copies of the actual law.

they were smart and they took advantage of a situation where they could steal claim to someone elses work and since GCCA was all volunteer and had disbanded there was no one around and no paperwork around to fight this false claim other then the GCCA members who knew better.

CCA never took over from GCCA because GCCA no longer existed when CCA was formed and no one from the GCCA organization was part of creating CCA, plain and simple as that.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Hairout

Quote:
You are 100% right

Maybe you should start a new CCA someone with brains

It don't matter if your limit is 100 per person or 5
You estuary is going to only hold what it's healthy enough to support

Well off to bed , I have to put 60 trout in the boat tomorrow !! " my limit included"
Old 07-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
yes they lie about it on their own website (its their website so who is going to stop them?) and they also regularly repeat this lie to reporters all the time so there are numerous stories falsely attributing CCA with being GCCA with a new name but lies don't make it true any more then if the website claims to have flying monkeys. but claiming to be the new GCCA helps them raise money and lets them lie and say "look we banned gill nets"

they get away with this lie because back in 1995 there wasn't the internet coverage there is today so if you google GCCA you cant even find any info on it because back then people weren't online 24/7 where everything was recorded and talked about instantly. heck you cant even find info on the gill net ban itself other then government copies of the actual law.

they were smart and they took advantage of a situation where they could steal claim to someone elses work and since GCCA was all volunteer and had disbanded there was no one around and no paperwork around to fight this false claim other then the GCCA members who knew better.

CCA never took over from GCCA because GCCA no longer existed when CCA was formed and no one from the GCCA organization was part of creating CCA, plain and simple as that.
I think you are confused... I could be wrong, but probably not.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
I think you are confused... I could be wrong, but probably not.

well there is no point to call them out on it except for the pride factor of it and it would be a lot of money and trouble to go through for anyone to officially challenge CCA's claims so CCA can say whatever they want unchallenged. I like many people don't see it as a real issue but more of a telling sign of how low CCA stoops to get funding and mislead the public about who they are and what they do. in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter who got gill nets banned as long as it happened and that's about it but honest people don't steal credit for the work of others and THAT is the point that sticks in many peoples craw is that they claim credit for something they had no part in doing.

pottom line is, people who trust CCA will believe what they say because they want to believe it.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

GCCA and CCA are the exact one in the same. Always has been. You boys keep smoking your crack!!!! Sit tight!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM View Post
GCCA and CCA are the exact one in the same. Always has been. You boys keep smoking your crack!!!! Sit tight!!!!!!
Here is some homework

Who founded the GCCA ?

And please show me where he was employed with the CCA
Old 07-17-2014, 12:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Let me go ahead and tell yall how absolutely f***ing stupid the triple tail limit is. Caught 43 the other day, 3 were keepers. It's about equivalent to saying you can only keep a trout 6 lbs or bigger. What's even better is when we got back to spicers and the wildlife and fisheries biologist was taking surveys, we told him we didn't catch sh** because of their stupid triple tail limit. He was so quick to shut us down and say "woahh hold up, it was soley CCA that pushed for that." He then went on to say that there is nowhere near enough data to have a limit in effect.

So thanks Raymond, I'm glad this is how yall choose to spend money, even though there are much, MUCH bigger issues. I also love the fact that probably 5% of the active CCA committee has even been triple tail fishing in the last few years.

How do yall plan on using this money to benefit our estuary? There isn't a single person that gets on here and gives us updates. Larry Reynolds takes time out of his day to interact on public forums, give is facts, and present data. You would think that if the CCA is supposed to represent recreational anglers, they would at least maybe come on here and other public forums and give an update every now and then. You're quick to back up CCA, but I doubt you can even give us maybe one or two examples of something yall are currently working on to improve our estuary.

So hurry up, call up your CCA big wigs and come up with an answer.
No limit on 3 tail in fed waters....jussayin....food for thought bruh. I been thinkin on it for a minute
Old 07-17-2014, 12:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo23 View Post
I think "W" is JAdams..... Or maybe "W" is Inchspinner. Now that would be something....Saltygate was just a figment of our imagination.
oh..snap the Salty Cajun Matrix?