SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 02-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
That is.......if you baby 'em. Treat 'em like a Curado and you're dead in the water.
thank you salty its played out? how? facts are facts .magnesium corrodes in saltwater.doesnt matter if ya baby em or not.it will corrode.you and w are so self righteous.its good if ya say it is.pfffffffffft

Last edited by speckdaddy; 02-13-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
thank you salty its played out? how? facts are facts .magnesium corrodes in saltwater.doesnt matter if ya baby em or not.it will corrode.you and w are so self righteous.its good if ya say it is.pfffffffffft

Old 02-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
[/COLOR][/FONT]

yep thats right .if yall say the sun is purple,you will argue till no tomorrow that you are right. its ok ta say,im wrong,your right. all im sayin is that magnesium and saltwater donot mix..it doesnt matter how far technology has come, or how far it will go.if its made of magnesiun, and ya use it in saltwater environments, IT WILL CORRODE. nuff said.if not, lets argue some more
Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
yep thats right .if yall say the sun is purple,you will argue till no tomorrow that you are right. its ok ta say,im wrong,your right. all im sayin is that magnesium and saltwater donot mix..it doesnt matter how far technology has come, or how far it will go.if its made of magnesiun, and ya use it in saltwater environments, IT WILL CORRODE. nuff said.if not, lets argue some more

I never said it would not corrode.......It has a 2 year warrenty.,,,

Who Pissed in your Fruit Loops
Old 02-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:

Its cheerio's not fruit loops, fruit loop
Old 02-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Ling

Quote:

didnt piss,crapped in it...lol does the warranty cover corrosion?
Old 02-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
didnt piss,crapped in it...lol does the warranty cover corrosion?
it Better its SHIMANO.......Its kind of like MIKE.....Just DO it
Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Ling

Quote:

Tell ya what w. I've held those reels atya house and did my homework. If you can show me where it says shimano will cover a reel that they say isfor freshwater use only from corrosion from saltwater use, I'll buy five right now and cut ya grass fir a year. Deal? If you can't ,
you give you core to someone at the tourney. Waddaya say
Old 02-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:

Nike??
Old 02-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Nike??
Hello. Jordan. Wake up. Lol
Old 02-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:

Talked to the owner of a well-know tackle and bait shop in the BR area about the CORE 50 & 100 and he told me they are not really made for saltwater! This guy is a major Shimano repair guy and of course sell a boat load of them at his buisness! POX you probably know who I am talking about!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Talked to the owner of a well-know tackle and bait shop in the BR area about the CORE 50 & 100 and he told me they are not really made for saltwater! This guy is a major Shimano repair guy and of course sell a boat load of them at his buisness! POX you probably know who I am talking about!!!
i met a shimano rep that was in town for ohio last wednesday and he said that any shimano with the s arb bearings in them is approver for saltwater use by shimano .
Close Window
S A-RB Bearings

These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Here is a email from my Shimano Guy.........today

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John....

Will the Core 50mg rust or corrode fishing saltwater? Please give me the truth on the reels and from what you know.

Jeremy Waltrip
Intertek - KCS / Apache Area 7
Measurement Technician
Office: 337-774-5992
Fax: 337-774-5994
Cell: 337-789-9002
Email: jeremy.waltrip@intertek.com

Jeremy

The Core 50mg is made with magnesium and this is what guys think is a saltwater no. I have been with Shimano for 20 years and I can tell you, that the Core model is built right for saltwater. Shimano is made with the best the market has to offer and if you ever have any corrosion from saltwater you just send me that reel back. I deal with a few captains out of Texas who stay ninety percent of their fishing time in the water! Core 100 is my best selling reel to this area of guys. I still believe the Curado model is by far the toughest out of all the Shimano reels just because of fewer problems due to the high number of reels in public. I put my word on the core 50mg along with some of the other reels! Jeremy If I did not think for one second the Core would not hold up in saltwater, I never would have introduced you to the reel

Thanks
Best Regards
Old 02-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Great White

W, this reminds me of the email you said you got from the BCS about LSU!!!!
Remember only 2 teams MAX from BCS conference will be chosen for BCS bowls!!

BTW, I can care less if they are good for saltwater or not.....I have Curados and Chronarch....I have spent enough $$$ on reels
Old 02-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by W";114140]Here is a email from my Shimano Guy.........today

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John....

Will the Core 50mg rust or corrode fishing saltwater? Please give me the truth on the reels and from what you know.

Jeremy Waltrip
Intertek - KCS / Apache Area 7
Measurement Technician
[FONT=Arial]Email: [EMAIL="jeremy.waltrip@intertek.com
jeremy.waltrip@intertek.com[/EMAIL][/FONT]

Jeremy

The Core 50mg is made with magnesium and this is what guys think is a saltwater no. I have been with Shimano for 20 years and I can tell you, that the Core model is built right for saltwater. Shimano is made with the best the market has to offer and if you ever have any corrosion from saltwater you just send me that reel back. I deal with a few captains out of Texas who stay ninety percent of their fishing time in the water! Core 100 is my best selling reel to this area of guys. I still believe the Curado model is by far the toughest out of all the Shimano reels just because of fewer problems due to the high number of reels in public. I put my word on the core 50mg along with some of the other reels! Jeremy If I did not think for one second the Core would not hold up in saltwater, I never would have introduced you to the reel

Thanks
Best Regards
who fishes out of the water....
Old 02-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Great White

If you notice he does not say "SALTWATER"!!!!! W is not worried, he works for NASA....BIG $$$$$$$$......
Old 02-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
who fishes out of the water....

He is talking about waders If you ever waded you know your reels get wet the whole time
Old 02-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by W";114140]Here is a email from my Shimano Guy.........today

John....

Jeremy Waltrip
NASA - KCS / Apache Area 7
Measurement Technician
[FONT=Arial]Email: [EMAIL="jeremy.waltrip@[B]NASA[/B].com
jeremy.waltrip@NASA.com[/EMAIL][/FONT]

Jeremy

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM....

Thanks
Best Regards

W, on one of your comments you stated that Shimano has a 2 year warranty on the CORE........So, if the reel fails within two years it will be replaced no question asked??????
Old 02-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Ling

then why oh why does it say for fresh water use only??? i wanna know if they will warranty these reels if puposely used in saltwater.if they do,,,,i will buy 5 right now. email ya boy and tell em ta say that he will warranty em. and ill buy em
Old 02-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
W, on one of your comments you stated that Shimano has a 2 year warranty on the CORE........So, if the reel fails within two years it will be replaced no question asked??????
Quote:
then why oh why does it say for fresh water use only??? i wanna know if they will warranty these reels if puposely used in saltwater.if they do,,,,i will buy 5 right now. email ya boy and tell em ta say that he will warranty em. and ill buy em

You guys read it as clear as i did in his email........If it corrodes send it back to him.......... I dont know about any others who use this reel but I will have 4 total when I come in .... and if anything goes wrong with them....He said it himself send it back I will replace it............. I never had a major problem with the curado but he told me the same thing....

So I feel safe with the core mg 50...... If you guys dont...so be it...Its a smooth reel and light...... I have two curados left for back up if i need...but Like John said if he was worried he would not of gave me the fist Core for $150 to demo it.....He knows I only fish Saltwater and he told me on the phone thats why he gave it to me for $150 because I would come back for more..... I did....