SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
So let me get this straight, you don?t think it?s necessary for people to own an ar-15 yet you own one yourself?? If that?s really the way you feel then I?ll gladly come and take it off your hands for you. And I guarantee you in a school shooting situation like the one that just happened in Florida, someone could have killed just as many people with a browning a5 or Remington 700 bolt action. Why? Because it is a gun free zone and the shooter has no opposition. Kids were left helpless and stuck in class rooms like sitting ducks. Sure, he may have had to reload way more often but unless a few kids would have rushed him while he was reloading they were done! And I also guarantee you those poor kids were so damn scared that the last thing on their mind was to fight back. You can make all the new laws you want and ban the ar-15 also, the sad fact is that evil has been around since man was created and evil will be here until the end of time. Full disclosure, I don?t own an ar-15 but I would never want to take away someone else?s right to own one.
In Texas our schools are protected by armed cops. So if you came in with a browning a5 the first thing that would happen is the cops would call for backup, then they would attack you. If you didn't pull the plug you have three shots before you get rushed. Could you kill a few kids sure but 17 very very unlikely. Secondly in Texas our schools have two sets of magnetic doors just to get in a school and the entire campus is locked down to the outside. Could a sniper get a few kids? Sure with a 700 Remington he could get four kids but all kids would be trying to get inside and why he reloads the cops on recess duty would be firing back he would have to take cover.

With an ar 15 and 30 rounds the death count would certainly be higher.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
In Texas our schools are protected by armed cops. So if you came in with a browning a5 the first thing that would happen is the cops would call for backup, then they would attack you. If you didn't pull the plug you have three shots before you get rushed. Could you kill a few kids sure but 17 very very unlikely. Secondly in Texas our schools have two sets of magnetic doors just to get in a school and the entire campus is locked down to the outside. Could a sniper get a few kids? Sure with a 700 Remington he could get four kids but all kids would be trying to get inside and why he reloads the cops on recess duty would be firing back he would have to take cover.

With an ar 15 and 30 rounds the death count would certainly be higher.
Man, that?s awesome! I sure wish all schools in all states would do the same thing. I honestly believe that would be far more effective then trying to create stricter gun laws or baning certain weapons. If there was an armed guard or cops at every school and metal detectors and so on, these terrioist that want to do mass shootings would think twice. I?m all for something being done but you can?t just sit back and say you don?t dont see the need for or see it necessary for people to own an ar-15 when you own one yourself. Plus, if the left got their way and ar-15s were banned, where would they stop??
Old 02-19-2018, 11:56 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Man, that?s awesome! I sure wish all schools in all states would do the same thing. I honestly believe that would be far more effective then trying to create stricter gun laws or baning certain weapons. If there was an armed guard or cops at every school and metal detectors and so on, these terrioist that want to do mass shootings would think twice. I?m all for something being done but you can?t just sit back and say you don?t dont see the need for or see it necessary for people to own an ar-15 when you own one yourself. Plus, if the left got their way and ar-15s were banned, where would they stop??
I know it's a slippery slope when you start to ban one weapon would that lead to suddenly we can't own an automatic shotgun. Something does need to be done.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:56 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
I know it's a slippery slope when you start to ban one weapon would that lead to suddenly we can't own an automatic shotgun. Something does need to be done.
I definitely agree with you, something needs to be done. I would pay extra for my kids? school here in Lafayette to hire an armed guard or police for security. I think that would be a great start.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

The folks that dont want religion should think about what religion teaches. Good common sense life rules. Dont kill, dont lie, dont bully or diss anyone(dont curse.) dont be jealous and resentful of others(covet.) etc. thats what they stamp out when they take down the 10 comandments. Life rules.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
The folks that dont want religion should think about what religion teaches. Good common sense life rules. Dont kill, dont lie, dont bully or diss anyone(dont curse.) dont be jealous and resentful of others(covet.) etc. thats what they stamp out when they take down the 10 comandments. Life rules.
Very good point cappy
Old 02-20-2018, 12:51 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Roger that. Well said.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Everyone absolutely has a right and needs to own an AR. AR's are what you need when the government comes for you. Look at the history of country's that took citizens guns away, and what happened shortly after. Don't think there aren't a pile of politicians out there that want complete power. History repeats itself. Not always, but you never know. Don't want to be the one stuck without one when you need it most.

If that kid didn't have an AR, he could have easily done the same damage with a bomb.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296

The main issue at schools is security. All schools should actually be locked down with one entrance for all visitors & even employee ?s after school begins. All schools should have police protection as we do in Calcasieu parish. A deputy assigned to every school here. But, example, I went to a local Jr high parked and walked right in two wide open double doors, down hall passing teachers while having no visitors badge, into commons area, back into a hallway then into the gym!! Not one person questioned me! And there was a deputy there! Security Security Security! This shouldn?t have happened!
Old 02-20-2018, 04:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
And yet, we have priests/preachers that end up in the news for immoral acts, married couples cheating on each other, and a host of other people with questionable integrity who attend church.

Again, I consider myself a religious man. But we need to quit kidding ourselves with this idea that religion fixes everything.

By the way, Religion also taught that slavery was okay, you could trade your daughter for livestock, and that you should be put to death if you do not observe the sabboth, curse your parents, or blaspheme, among other acts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296
Default Has the left gone too far? . .

Being a ?religious? person doesn?t mean you are correct, your right about everything, but, Being a Christian means living the life Jesus expects of us. Many call themselves religious and live like the devil himself.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
And yet, we have priests/preachers that end up in the news for immoral acts, married couples cheating on each other, and a host of other people with questionable integrity who attend church.

Again, I consider myself a religious man. But we need to quit kidding ourselves with this idea that religion fixes everything.

By the way, Religion also taught that slavery was okay, you could trade your daughter for livestock, and that you should be put to death if you do not observe the sabboth, curse your parents, or blaspheme, among other acts.

I take it you're not a Southern Baptist . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2018, 08:24 AM
Flounder

Cash: 440

I have read through this thread and there are different views. I?m 50 years old and part of the X generation. I remember praying in school, taking hunter education in 8th grade and shooting a shot gun at clays while at school and taking the hunter Ed coarse, high school gave me a guide to the industry by having a skill they taught me, machine shop class. I respected my elders, I got my but whipped in school by the principal if I messed up. The experience of the school in those days prepared a young person for the real life. Those things are all gone now. They say if you want to change society you start with the children and. Teach them different beliefs. Today I am a successful business owner and I owe it to the challenges that made me fail and win. Today there are very few young people that have ethics?s they believe that they are right because no one taught them about ethics and respect for the next person. I am a Christian and believe that you need to have faith. We have very dark days ahead of us because the new generation can not think on their own when it comes to doing the right thing, they only do what they were taught and the constitution,history and ethics is not at the top of the list. It just gets my goat when people say what happened, well I see it and so do many that are in my generation, but now it?s a virus that covers our country and I hope the good lord will bless us because we are on the wrong path and we only have time. It took 30 years to change the way our country thinks. I may not see the better in my life time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 919

Lack of discipline in school and by parents and then they make a hero out of the shooter. I say they should have televised public hangings instead of life on easy row. That would make them think.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:48 PM
Flounder

Cash: 496

Quote:
I'm sure someone thought that was clever when they wrote it, but how do they explain shootings in churches, movie theaters, and concerts?

Because of those who reject God.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:37 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzo View Post
Because of those who reject God.
My Point.

Your Head.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:30 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

It's a complex subject, to be sure.

But it is notable that most of the school shootings are in public schools rather than private, faith-based schools.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

2 people shot at southeastern today...

http://www.fox8live.com/story/375756...ity-in-hammond
Old 02-23-2018, 05:36 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
2 people shot at southeastern today...

http://www.fox8live.com/story/375756...ity-in-hammond
Guess we gotta put religion back in College now.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
Guess we gotta put religion back in College now.

Naw that actually looks like a drug deal gone bad....