SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714
Default Tactical lights

I'm looking for an aftermarket tactical laser/flashlight to go on a glock 17. The lights on glocks site are $284. I really didn't want to spend that much on one. Does anybody recommend another site that has good quality products for a little cheaper?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
I'm looking for an aftermarket tactical laser/flashlight to go on a glock 17. The lights on glocks site are $284. I really didn't want to spend that much on one. Does anybody recommend another site that has good quality products for a little cheaper?
I've got two different SureFire flashlights, an aluminum bodied and a plastic bodied. I think I've had em both for six years or longer now, so they have lasted. Prices seemed reasonable at the time, but I don't know what they go for now. I recommend a google search and a visit to the SureFire web site.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I've got two different SureFire flashlights, an aluminum bodied and a plastic bodied. I think I've had em both for six years or longer now, so they have lasted. Prices seemed reasonable at the time, but I don't know what they go for now. I recommend a google search and a visit to the SureFire web site.
Thanks man but them bad boys go for $595. Bad to the bone lights though!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,045

That's pretty expensive, cheaper to buy a shotgun and buckshot.....problem solved!
No aiming necessary!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
I can't speak to their reliability as I've only owned Surefire (purchased used) but the Streamlight TLR series seem reasonably priced.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

If you want a cheaper option that is 250+ lumens has a strobe mode and looks good get you a Nebo Pro tec......amazon it it's like 40 bucks and works awsome I have 2 on pistols and one I've shot at least 300 rounds through my gun with it on and it works flawless...very bright light.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
If you want a cheaper option that is 250+ lumens has a strobe mode and looks good get you a Nebo Pro tec......amazon it it's like 40 bucks and works awsome I have 2 on pistols and one I've shot at least 300 rounds through my gun with it on and it works flawless...very bright light.
I'm gonna order one of those! According to the videos on YouTube, people have good things to say about them.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Good decision IMO
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

I bought a light that was just like a streamlight, the back of it fell off with the batteries while at the range one day, didn't notice it till I was back at home which was 1.5hrs drive away, $70 down the drain!, the streamlight is well made, I tried to get replacement parts for the one I bought and the company had went out of business.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
I bought a light that was just like a streamlight, the back of it fell off with the batteries while at the range one day, didn't notice it till I was back at home which was 1.5hrs drive away, $70 down the drain!, the streamlight is well made, I tried to get replacement parts for the one I bought and the company had went out of business.
The Steamlights that I purchases were "police turn ins". Paid $50 each about 3 years. A friend of mine also bought one that had a minor issue - Streamlight sent him an entire maintenance package free of charge. Great customer service from what I was told.