SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Default how many times?

How many times a week/ month do you have to go to church to be a "real believer" as an ex fireman, and now helping to feed the world with a farm and ranch. (Med.sized to anyone that knows 2000ac.) I believe in the good Lord to guide and protect me and my family!!! Do I get to be at church as much as the 9-5 ers no!! I am usually in a tractor or Dr. Calfs !! But with that said he test people, with protection of said man's family, he put them wackos here to test your true faith!! Me I am going to fight to protect mine and not relie on anyone else!!
I May die doing it but we should all be ready to die for our sins when it's your time!!!
Old 08-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I don't think you have to go at all. God is in your heart and your farm. How could one be closer to God than by working his soil and spreading his bounty? God lives in you and the dirt you till. It is his creation to bring life to and sustain man. From the crops that crow to the animals that forage God made the dirt for us. Tending God's soil is faith in God.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I don't think you have to go at all. God is in your heart and your farm. How could one be closer to God than by working his soil and spreading his bounty? God lives in you and the dirt you till. It is his creation to bring life to and sustain man. From the crops that crow to the animals that forage God made the dirt for us. Tending God's soil is faith in God.
Could not agree more duckman, but bet there are few that don't agree!!
Old 08-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Could not agree more duckman, but bet there are few that don't agree!!
Oh yeah bro. You know it. Live your life according to your beliefs and do what is right by you.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Red Snapper

All day Everyday!! Only way to live, cause your not ever going to get yesterday back, and don't know if your going to get a tomorrow!! Live each day to the fullest!!
Old 08-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

going to "church" is an invention of the church so you gather in one place and they use it as a tool to collect donations which "like it or not" often go to the church as a source of revenue. so all im saying is the church tells you you have to go to church so they can raise money from you, not because its required by the bible.

as long as you pray to god and thank god for the good things in your life, then you are good, you don't need to do it in a certain building on a certain day each week.

I stopped going to church many years ago when they started telling people to stay home if they couldn't dress better to come to church. it was about wearing tee shorts and short pants of dirty work clothes to church. well that's completely against gods will, yet they chose to say and do this, then they started making rules you cant get married without going through a 6-8 month "course" to get approval to be married. maybe that was a good thing but its not "gods" teachings to do that so I stopped going to a place that was making up its own rules that were contrary to gods teachings. I never stopped praying to god and in fact I pray to god a lot more now that I don't go to church then I ever did sleeping through church every week.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

You should try to go to church as often as possible. It helps you learn more about god and in a good church you form a solid group of believers that hold each other accountable and help each other stay on track. When a sheep is led away from the pack, it is easily devoured. And satan uses this mindset that I can worship...on the water, on the deer stand,_insert place of hobby_...as a tool to get ahold of you and slowly change you. Before you know it, worshipping at the church regularly becomes a thing of the last and your living like the world. Can you worship at any of these places? Absolutely!!! But are you is the question, or are you putting your hobbies before god? And the bible teaches about tithing among many other things so the "church" is not a made up thing to create revenue
Old 08-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
going to "church" is an invention of the church so you gather in one place and they use it as a tool to collect donations which "like it or not" often go to the church as a source of revenue. so all im saying is the church tells you you have to go to church so they can raise money from you, not because its required by the bible.

as long as you pray to god and thank god for the good things in your life, then you are good, you don't need to do it in a certain building on a certain day each week.

I stopped going to church many years ago when they started telling people to stay home if they couldn't dress better to come to church. it was about wearing tee shorts and short pants of dirty work clothes to church. well that's completely against gods will, yet they chose to say and do this, then they started making rules you cant get married without going through a 6-8 month "course" to get approval to be married. maybe that was a good thing but its not "gods" teachings to do that so I stopped going to a place that was making up its own rules that were contrary to gods teachings. I never stopped praying to god and in fact I pray to god a lot more now that I don't go to church then I ever did sleeping through church every week.
Nicely said. If your heart is in it (for the right reasons) it's a good thing. If it's being used as a status symbol its false and pointless. If it is right for you then go but if you're gona be checking sc during service just stay home. I can talk to God anytime anywhere. I don't need a pretty building with a preacher driving a caddy to talk to God.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:15 PM
Red Snapper

Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post

Glad to know there's a couple people out there that truely believe in the man and not what you should or shouldn't do by there rules !!
Old 08-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
You should try to go to church as often as possible. It helps you learn more about god and in a good church you form a solid group of believers that hold each other accountable and help each other stay on track. When a sheep is led away from the pack, it is easily devoured. And satan uses this mindset that I can worship...on the water, on the deer stand,_insert place of hobby_...as a tool to get ahold of you and slowly change you. Before you know it, worshipping at the church regularly becomes a thing of the last and your living like the world. Can you worship at any of these places? Absolutely!!! But are you is the question, or are you putting your hobbies before god? And the bible teaches about tithing among many other things so the "church" is not a made up thing to create revenue
Interesting pount about tithing. Yes it is in the bible you are correct. Could one not tithe through other ways besides giving a church money? Donations to St. Judes, Little Angels etc. Not trying to debate just asking your opinion. Your income is going to show love, support and help to your fellow man. I think that counts as much or more than giving it to a church so they can add a new building. That's just my opinion and belief though.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Red Snapper

The little church I get a chance to go to every once in awhile is not like that at all, there's no plat or donor box, it's about God!! Not to say I haven't been over there with tractors and a nail gun but never felt shamed into it, or for what I had on!!
Old 08-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
This right here^^^ Also, don't let one church or one or two people at a church turn you off to all churches forever. There are many different types and denominations out there, you just have to find the one that suits you best. How many people have gotten bad food or service at a restaurant and swore off ever going out to eat again for the rest of their lives?
Old 08-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440264547.817328.jpg
Old 08-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Interesting pount about tithing. Yes it is in the bible you are correct. Could one not tithe through other ways besides giving a church money? Donations to St. Judes, Little Angels etc. Not trying to debate just asking your opinion. Your income is going to show love, support and help to your fellow man. I think that counts as much or more than giving it to a church so they can add a new building. That's just my opinion and belief though.
Um to be honest I would say no IMO. Tithing should be income and time. And the translation of tithe means 10%. It's to help spread the word of god and further his kingdom. Now there's a lot of shady "church" operations out there that you should never let your money see. However there's a lot of church's that should also. Find a church that follows the bible and not someone's own agenda. These are the places that have ppl so against church and even worse Christ these days. If you go to a church and feel like they want your money then you need to find a different church ASAP. If your in the right church, you will know it because you will want to be there worshipping and being part of god's movement throughout that church and the communities that it is affecting. If you feel like your buying some guys luxury car with your tithes, you need to find a new church not stop tithing. Tithing is from god, not being good stewards of it is not of god. Time to find a church that is on track with the bible and God.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
So your job puts you on 7-12-or your in a county where your believes get you killed, you going to quit, it do what you have to do to support your family ??

A real church never hires a contractor to build anything thing new, the people of the church come together and use there skills or equipment to get the job done!!!

Keep putting your 5 or 10$ in the plate it that makes you feel better about yourself!!

It's not for me, would rather build it myself with the hands, and the good Lord. Where's your "hobbies" trying to provide for your family ??? Bet other then putting in the plate or your wife cooking something for someone that died you have never put no sweat blood or tears into making your church any better. And thats fine, it each there own, as to the way you feel you need to believe just happy you believe
Old 08-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I have nothing against church and go a few times a year, I just believe I don't need to be in a building at a certain time every week to profess my love for God. I do so in my actions in every day life
Old 08-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
So your job puts you on 7-12-or your in a county where your believes get you killed, you going to quit, it do what you have to do to support your family ??

A real church never hires a contractor to build anything thing new, the people of the church come together and use there skills or equipment to get the job done!!!

Keep putting your 5 or 10$ in the plate it that makes you feel better about yourself!!

It's not for me, would rather build it myself with the hands, and the good Lord. Where's your "hobbies" trying to provide for your family ??? Bet other then putting in the plate or your wife cooking something for someone that died you have never put no sweat blood or tears into making your church any better. And thats fine, it each there own, as to the way you feel you need to believe just happy you believe
Is that what God is telling you to do? Or is that what you are telling you to do? The defining factor here is does your beliefs line up with the bible? And if your bible tells you to quit worshipping and stop sharing the gospel because of the possibility of being killed then we need to find you a new bible with all the pages. Because that is not what the bible teaches.

Now let's be realistic God is not wanting you to quit your job and put your family in the poor house because your out on 7-12s once and a while. However if your job allows you no time for worship then you may need to look for a new job. God first, family second, then everything else. If it isn't in that order you've got it wrong. No exceptions
Old 08-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Red Snapper

Ff-t
Bet you have no ideal what it takes to get food on your table!!!
All the mega farms sale oversee, and the small farms are pretty much gone!! Maybe you by "all natural foods" lol that's even a bigger joke!! Oil,(rubber,fuel,plastic it's packaged in) free range eggs!!!
Old 08-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Is that what God is telling you to do? Or is that what you are telling you to do? The defining factor here is does your beliefs line up with the bible? And if your bible tells you to quit worshipping and stop sharing the gospel because of the possibility of being killed then we need to find you a new bible with all the pages. Because that is not what the bible teaches.

Now let's be realistic God is not wanting you to quit your job and put your family in the poor house because your out on 7-12s once and a while. However if your job allows you no time for worship then you may need to look for a new job. God first, family second, then everything else. If it isn't in that order you've got it wrong. No exceptions
Guess I am wrong because nothing is more important then my family that God made for me!!!
Old 08-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I have nothing against church and go a few times a year, I just believe I don't need to be in a building at a certain time every week to profess my love for God. I do so in my actions in every day life
If I could of said it better I would have