SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Redfish

Cash: 896
Default Lake Charles Tackle

Before I posted this I looked at the SaltyCajun sponsor list.

The July 2014 Fishing Tackle Retailer magazine has a nice three page article about Lake Charles Tackle. Looks like a great place get your fishing gear.

I hope you guys support them. Within a one hour drive I have 2 Bass Pro Shops, 1 Gander Mountain, and at least a couple of Richard's Sporting Goods (SC doesn't like their real name ). Unfortunately, the many local shops we used to have have dwindled to just a few in that same area. These small shops lead in relevant product selection and customer service, and we all lose as they disappear.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

Lake Charles Tackle is awesome may pay a dollar more here and there but the service, advice, and feel of the store is well worth it. Unlike these big chain stores who have people working in the departments who don't know difference between spinning and baitcast
Old 07-27-2014, 09:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I was happy with a recent repair of a Shimano reel, but disappointed with selection of hooks and leader material.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

took 2 mths to get my curado back from them after being repaired... went up there several times and they had no clue. turns out they took down my phone number wrong and kept trying to call and leave messages. besides that, ive always liked them.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Lake Charles tackle used to be my go to place. but since the new owners and the ppl that work there now with zero knowlege... i have now switched my shopping to Cajun Tackle... they have alot more knowlege and are much nicer.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Lake Charles tackle used to be my go to place. but since the new owners and the ppl that work there now with zero knowlege... i have now switched my shopping to Cajun Tackle... they have alot more knowlege and are much nicer.
Not trying to Be disrespectful but you are CRAZY to say they have no knowledge I can see some of the other comments but this one seems blatant. Matt Bell has fished all his life inshore and offshore owns a home on lake as well as a 46 ft offshore rig. The guys who work in there are all first class fisherman and are regulars on the lake and will always advise as to what's hitting on the lake. They also just had one sales guys win a award from G loomis for sales and knowledge. Those guys can do everything from teach you proper light tackle techniques to rigging up offshore tackle for you.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Ling

I have been in there numerous times. And maybe it was just the guy that tried helping me those couple of times that left a bad taste in my mouth for that place. twice ive went in and asked for a certain bait. A very common bait at that. guy behind the counter didnt know what i was talking about. So he then yelled at a guy upstairs and asked him. He then yelled back down saying no they dont carry them. Guy down stairs said sorry we dont carry them. Then just walked behind the counter not wanting to help me at all.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Red Snapper

they had a guy talk me out of buying a fly reel from them... yea, great service. i kept telling him that i just wanted a cheap setup to learn and play around with and he kept insisting i go somewhere else and but a $500 reel. he said he was from Georgia and that what he would buy if it were him.

i went and bought one from a friend instead.

last time i went there they were talking to me about how they had some guy coming from g-loomis to see what kind of rods to build. he was dead set on thinking everyone wants to spend $500 for the rods. i told him we want a cheaper rod that performs like the top of the line rod (like a DUCE) and he looked at me like i was crazy and said he only fishes pre-ban waterloo and g-loomis. its almost like they think theyre at a fashion show.... i dont even know how to explain it besides they think they always have to outdo you or one up you. "ohhhh, i have better" kind of people, making crap wages bragging about how they are better than you... love it
Old 07-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
I have been in there numerous times. And maybe it was just the guy that tried helping me those couple of times that left a bad taste in my mouth for that place. twice ive went in and asked for a certain bait. A very common bait at that. guy behind the counter didnt know what i was talking about. So he then yelled at a guy upstairs and asked him. He then yelled back down saying no they dont carry them. Guy down stairs said sorry we dont carry them. Then just walked behind the counter not wanting to help me at all.
Man I hate to hear that you really should go to Matt and let him know I Guarantee he would want to know and would immediately rectify that situation. I used to work for him in his business before he owned this and could get u in contact with him. He is actually retired from his original businesses and literally took this place on to help fishing community not to make money.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:13 AM
Ling

One time i went in to buy a pair of costas planned on 100% to buy some bc i know they have a big selection even tho they are over priced. No one wanted to help me look for them they just kept ignoring me. so i walked out and paid 40 bux less for same glasses at Academy. Actually had better service there. lol But now Cajun Tackle takes great care of me. Keeps the stuff i want in stock all the time. And orders anything i ask. So ill continue to go there.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Red Snapper

cajun tackle ftw! you cant go in there without being happy... till you see they are out of matrix shad.... but who isnt.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 AM
Ling

Thats why i had them order my fav colors in BULK!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Thats why i had them order my fav colors in BULK!
They order in bulk for you do they give a discount. Have to say I have never been by Cajun but I will give it a try. Hate to hear you guys had bad experience guess it's different for everyone.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Ling

Yes the bulk pricing is alot cheaper than buying them in single packs
Old 07-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Both are good places but with online buying and big outfitters prices the small guys have to go outside the box to survive

I believe 100% in supporting local tackle shops and I do my best to do so. For guides we don't buy many baits retail due to the amount we use so 90% of us go straight to the source and go bulk
But we still can have other ways to support , I bring them my reels to respool and buy other odd and ends when I need them !
Old 07-28-2014, 08:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

LCT has great selection and prices on SPRO swivels and snap swivels and they have it consistently.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Redfish

Cash: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
cajun tackle ftw! you cant go in there without being happy... till you see they are out of matrix shad.... but who isnt.

^^^^^ Lol ForTheWin
Old 07-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Tripletail

They got plenty Matrix shad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.7 KB, 296 views)
Old 07-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Thats not plenty, I usually buy a few bags of certain colors at a time, have a couple people come in and that shelf will be empty...I wasn't gonna come on here and knock lct because I have before, but when a man cannot go into a tackle shop and buy glow sandeels there is an issue...not to mention they were outta stock for weeks...along with some wedgetails I was looking for. Like Nate and Eric said they have been less than pleasant to deal with and always have that nose up attitude...I have shopped at lct my entire life and things have definitely gone downhill at the new site. I try to go to Cajun tackle and shop local when I can, but its usually more convenient for me to shop at academy due to their business hours.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I have been in there recently and it seems like they tried harder to be helpful than in the past, maybe they have been through a rough patch and are trying to mend things with the customers, I still give them a shot from time to time when I dont have time to run to academy since they are a couple minutes away from my house.