SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default What a day! Last snapper trip of the season!

Had the pleasure once again of fishing w/ Custom Charters, LLC and Captains Tommy & Eric Pellegrin out of Cocodrie yesterday. We got the call that they needed some help reeling in some fish for a video shoot, so we made some calls and were able to make the trip. We were surprised when we arrived to see the “Reel Life” sporting its new configuration of triple 300hp Suzuki outboards, instead of the old diesels. Boy, has that boat changed for the better! Speed and ride are much improved for the yellow workhorse!
We knew it was going to be a crazy day when we are riding out through Lake Pelto and feel a “thump” and hear a strange noise from the top of the boat. The world is minus one less seagull today following a mid-air collision between the bird and Capt. Tommy’s big VHF antenna. The bird lost! Cruising at 38 mph, we made it to the fishing grounds in no time, drifting over one of Custom Charters underwater wrecks they fish on a regular basis. The big old “endangered” red snapper were waiting for us! It was announced early on that if it was not double digits, it was not going in the box. We all knew quantity was not an issue, so we keyed in on quality. Within 30 minutes, we were done! Even with throwing back legal fish and re-baiting, we never worked up a sweat. The cameraman actually had to tell us to slow down so he could get more footage, it was that crazy.
After finishing off the snapper limit, it was off for amberjack, but we ran into an old mangrove hole on the way out. A quick stop produced 7 big mangroves, then throttles down again for the amberjack. It wasn’t long before the bruises started. Parts of my body are bruised from wrestling these hard fighting fish that shouldn’t be bruised - lol. These were not just ordinary amberjacks, these were the “call your momma, I’m hurt” fish! After fighting one of these fish, you needed a 20 minute rest period just to catch your breath and get the feeling in your arms back. With the limit of only one per person, we were glad when we had the last one in the box!
Next stop was a rig for more mangroves, but also looking for a scamp or warsaw grouper. We were not disappointed there either, since we fought mangroves on top, while a few lost their tackle to something BIG down deep. Then it happened! That unforgettable grunt from a man holding a fishing pole after a big grouper inhales a live hardtail somewhere in the dark deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico. After a few choice words, lots of sweat, and burning muscles of the angler, the monster of the deep hits the deck. The seas were flat, the water was blue, and company was great!
Once again, the hardest working charter captains in the Gulf of Mexico did a fine job capturing some of the best eating the world has to offer right off the coast of Louisiana. If you ever want to reward your staff, or you’re looking for a great gift idea for a couple or group, you will not be disappointed by the trip you book w/ Custom Charters in Cocodrie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cocdrie 010.jpg (87.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Cocdrie 030.jpg (87.4 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Cocdrie 007.jpg (88.7 KB, 95 views)
Old 08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Good job. Can't go fishing offshore without a chick in shorts...
Love to see girls holding fish. I don't know what's wrong with me...
Old 08-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477
Thumbs up

Good report Triple F! Nice!
Talked to a buddy of mine that lives in Venice when I went down last week & he said the snapper are thick right now!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

very nice
Old 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

How old Mike Lane doing??? I fished with him last Nov..with Capt Tom....We filmed a show on Big Lake
Old 08-14-2009, 02:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
How old Mike Lane doing??? I fished with him last Nov..with Capt Tom....We filmed a show on Big Lake
He's a pretty cool guy! - We had a real good trip and he was onboard to film for his TV show. I don't get it on Direct TV so I will have to get a CD from him to see how it came out!

Believe it or not, we talked about you "W", - for about 30 seconds!!!! It was all good though . He had no idea you bought Saltycajun.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

Great pics...great catch....looked like some fun...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .