SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Guides' Spot - Fishing

The Guides' Spot - Fishing A place for guides to post reports. Self promotion is allowed in this forum only! Feel free to put the name of your guide service, phone number, and email address on your reports if you'd like so members can contact you. PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST ADS, but you may ADVERTISE in your REPORTS.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Redfish

Cash: 2,437
Default Venice Big Game Bluewater Fishing

For the most part, this past winter bite was like a roller coaster! From day to day we never knew where the fish were going to show up or when they would eat! We did have some great days, I think our best day, Capt Gray had 9 yellowfin and I had 7 with a few blacks mixed in! I will post pics of this day, this was mid March. We caught everything on 80 pound Frenzy Fluoro and 6/0 and 7/0 Frenzy and Mustad circle hooks, all were caught with cut pogie or bonita!
The wahoo did not show up in large numbers this year like we are used to seeing but we did have some very good days! My best was going 9 for 11 two days in a row! I know, strange right, caught 9 out of 11 wahoo strikes two days in a row and here is the kicker, the first day, we caught all 9 fish at the same rig all on the same exact bait! A pink Bomber cd30, this bait was retired at the end of the trip and with no paint left, we sent it home with the two customers!!!!
We are getting ready for our summer bite! I cant wait, I have 18 trips booked on my boat alone just in the Month of June! I guess everyone is ready to be done with the cold winter that we had and ready to get in the sun and catch some tuna, marlin, snapper, amberjack, grouper, dolphin and wahoo!! I know I am ready! Feel free to check out pics from the last two years on the website and videos shot aboard the Looney Tuna. All are on our website and blogs! We offer Bachelor Party packages and have lodging available through Kingfish Lodging and the Venice Palms!
Our big Dolphin bite should take off around mid May and the Tuna and Marlin are starting to show up now! Snapper saeson opens June 1st and we still have a few June dates left! We will start our 24 hour overnight tuna trips in May as well, if you want to bring a load of fish to the dock, these trips get the job done!
Hope to see you soon and we will continue to report to you about the fishing in Venice Louisiana! Stay safe on the water and rememeber, lets go catching, not fishing!
Capt Josh Howard
225-572-7408
deepsouthcharters@cox.net
www.deepsouthcharters.com
deepsouthcharters@blogspot.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg march2010 026.jpg (57.8 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg march2010 032.jpg (62.3 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg march2010 112.jpg (60.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg march2010 173.jpg (67.4 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg march2010 172.jpg (64.8 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg march2010 131.jpg (71.3 KB, 145 views)
Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

This picture reminds me off the "Which doesn't belong in the picture" problems we used to get in elementary school.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg march2010 173.jpg (67.4 KB, 140 views)
Old 04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

the guy 3rd from left in Bay_slayer's pic looks like W , but with a tan
Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
the guy 3rd from left in Bay_slayer's pic looks like W , but with a tan

he's to tall to be w
Old 12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Redfish

Cash: 2,437
Default FUNNY!

Man, that is funny! I have not logged on in a while because we were not fishing, this is the first time that I seen this reply! I had to laugh out loud on that one! The two guys on the left were not on the trip, they were just helping out for the pic!

Capt Josh Howard

Last edited by deepsouthcharters; 12-13-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: not complete