SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Redfish

Cash: 626
Default Xpress H22 Bay!?!?

Does anyone have one of these boats, and if so, are you happy with it?!? Any problems?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Flounder

Cash: 778

David, I just purchased one about two months ago. I have only had it out three times due to being at work all the time, but so far, I am very happy with it. I have a 200 Yamaha four stroke on it. It seems to handle what little choppy water I've been it very well, but I haven't been in anything really rough yet. Very comfortable for me and the wife and kids to ride in. If you want to know something specifically, just let me know...LL
Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Flounder

Cash: 542

I wanted to go with the 200 when I bought mine but was talked out of it by the salesman. Kinda wish I had it but mine tops out at about 52-53mph with the 150 Yamaha with me,wife and 10y/o in it, so I guess that's plenty good enough.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Redfish

Thanks for the replies guys. I went and checked out the excel 220 bay pro on Friday, and put a down payment on it. It was the little things that made me buy the excel rather than the xpress.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407646405.534124.jpg

Waiting to get rigged with the 150 yamaha.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Flounder

Cash: 778

Congrats! Very nice boat! I hope you really get to enjoy it!
Old 08-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpuddy View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I went and checked out the excel 220 bay pro on Friday, and put a down payment on it. It was the little things that made me buy the excel rather than the xpress.

Attachment 72886

Waiting to get rigged with the 150 yamaha.

What was the little things that made you choose Excel rather than the Xpress?
Old 08-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 619

I am interested to hear the little things as well. I'm currently trying to decided between these two boats.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Redfish

The little things are.... 1) 100% dry storage in the bow of the boat. 2) wiring of the boat. (Excel uses all water tight connections). 3) trolling motor does not hang off the side of the bow. They have a deck built into the bow to mount the trolling motor to. 4) there are four cup holders on board ( I know silly, but who needs only one cup holder!?!?!?) 5) they have an extra plate welded onto the bow where the tie down eyelet is for extra protection, and they have a keel protector running about 5-6 feet towards the stern for extra protection. 6) mine came with a jack plate, the xpress you have to add it ( it's manual, but at least it's there). 7) the excel has a cooler recessed into the floor of the boat right behind the front deck ( the xpress has no cooler). There were a couple other little things that I am drawing a blank on at the moment, but I'm sure I will remember them in a little while.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaLonghorn View Post
Congrats! Very nice boat! I hope you really get to enjoy it!

Thanks longhorn. I appreciate that!!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 520

My son has an excel boat it's the 1860 viper. The quality in which it's made is very good. He doesn't use it much I use quite regular and it's a heavy boat but very good fishing one. The heaviness comes from the construction. It Is a solid boat. Plus that diamond trailer is a good trailer too that's one just like his I have a diamond trailer on my Bennington pontoon and like it a bunch.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Nice boat man, Excel makes some good looking boats. Glad to hear they have those extras you mention, that really makes a difference.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Nice boat man, Excel makes some good looking boats. Glad to hear they have those extras you mention, that really makes a difference.

Yes sir, it's the sizzle that sells. About the only thing that's equal between the two boats is the trailer. Excel really did their homework when they designed this bay pro boat.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 619

Thanks for the feedback davidpuddy.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Redfish

Anytime. Hopefully it helps you to make a decision.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
The little things are.... 1) 100% dry storage in the bow of the boat. 2) wiring of the boat. (Excel uses all water tight connections). 3) trolling motor does not hang off the side of the bow. They have a deck built into the bow to mount the trolling motor to. 4) there are four cup holders on board ( I know silly, but who needs only one cup holder!?!?!?) 5) they have an extra plate welded onto the bow where the tie down eyelet is for extra protection, and they have a keel protector running about 5-6 feet towards the stern for extra protection. 6) mine came with a jack plate, the xpress you have to add it ( it's manual, but at least it's there). 7) the excel has a cooler recessed into the floor of the boat right behind the front deck ( the xpress has no cooler). There were a couple other little things that I am drawing a blank on at the moment, but I'm sure I will remember them in a little while.

Sounds like they put a lot of thought into their boat. I never knew that stuff. I was considering an xpress but I wouldn't even think about it now. Excel is tops now.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Sounds like they put a lot of thought into their boat. I never knew that stuff. I was considering an xpress but I wouldn't even think about it now. Excel is tops now.

Go check out the xpress, and then go check out the excel. You will see exactly what I am talking about. Three more days until I pick her up!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 520

When I went my son look for his boat R as he calls it dad's new boat (hehe) the excel over the express was obvious as to which one to get. The construction is top quality. The boat he got is a side console but the viper series he got is mainly made for duck hunting in the woodlands off Arkansas. They are made to run over fallen trees and everything (they have gator trails on those). Not afraid one bit of running over and denting it down here. Everything I've read and heard on catfish pro boats are awsome. Where u get it Jerry's marine? Plus price was way better it was a 13 model and he got it in may so he got a good deal.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Redfish

I got mine from metro boating in Harvey. I live in mandeville so it's a lot easier for me. Lol
Old 08-14-2014, 06:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
I got mine from metro boating in Harvey. I live in mandeville so it's a lot easier for me. Lol
There's a dealer up the street from where I work...... I drool often. They are nice boats.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Redfish

Here she is all rigged out. Doing the break in Friday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408595424.541955.jpg