SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 583
Hairout Coast Guard

I usually don't have a problem with the coast guard, i respect the job and appreciate their service to the country however they rubbed me the wrong way today! They stopped me today to check registration and safety equipment which is no problem however i think they might want to practice boat handling before attempting to pull up on another. I was in a 21' bay boat and the coast guard boat was about 36-40' with the rail a good 2' higher than mine and the first thing they want to do is have me tie their fenders on my boat, which were only hanging in the water allowing them to beat up my boat. After insisting that the fenders be tied off on their boat where they would actually work the capt of the c.g boat begins to tow me alone side with only one rope on the center cleat of my boat. While trying to get her to stop towing me because now my boat is bouncing off the bow and stern i hear my bow mounted fish finder ripped off the bracket. Now the whole time this is going on there were five guys standing there just waiting for me to hand over my paper work but did not seem to give a crap that they were beating the hell out of my boat. Maybe i am out of line but to me this should have been a flawless, routine stop!!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

If it was me I would of been cussing and videoing the whole thing while asking for the captains name for my attorney.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by saute86 View Post
if it was me i would of been cussing and videoing the whole thing while asking for the captains name for my attorney.

x2 i would of had a come to jesus meeting with them.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296

I would have been tempted to cut their rope off my cleat. I would at least go up to the CG station and speak with the man in charge of local office to report what happened. I don't think this is the way they expect their boats to operate.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Where did this happen?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,059

If you have the boat number report them and they will be taken care of. This isn't the first time.

BROWN FIN
Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Did you tie the rope to your center cleat?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Damn that sucks. I would have worried about my boat more than getting them my paperwork though. I would have tried to just calmly said I didnt want any damage to my boat so I'll take care of it than give you anything you need, but it's hard to stay calm when dealing with most law enforcement with the way they act.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

They have to file float plans before leaving the dock. Call the local MSU command center and thell the date time and area you were in and file a complaint.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Redfish

Cash: 639

I have had game wardens with the similar knowledge of how to run/capt. a boat. You will do everyone a favor by filing a complaint.

Example. South end of Big Lake. Game warden comes full speed at my boat like just robbed a turtle nest, and before he gets there he pulls back on the throttle b/c he ran onto oyster bottom in 1.5 ft. of water( Where we were fishing). Looks in our fish box, askes a bunch of stupid questions, and then drove away, grinding the prop and fiberglass on a $60,000 Triton everyone on the Salty Cajun paid for with our tax $$$$$$$$$$$.

We filed a complaint, the person we talked too, said that those two GW's that were out on Big lake were supposed to be checking for people shrimping out of season. Nothing else. They were not to stop fisherman that day.

Enough said.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I would of figure 8 dat Azz
Old 07-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Lol
Old 07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 639

I have had Game Warden's with similar knowledge of boats.
Please file a complaint and do us all a favor.

Example. SOuth End of Big lake . Fishing very shallow, 1.5 ft. of water. Here comes a GW boat wide open at our boat. Before he "surprises" me with his quick approach to write a "fire extinguisher ticket", he runs on some oysters and kicked his motor out of the water. 40+ mph. I am surpised he did fly out. Needless to say, he did some damage to the engine and boat. He asks us a bunch of stupid questions, looks at our fish box, which I think we had two fish. Upon leaving, he continues to grind the $60,000 Triton(Which our taxes paid for) on the oyster bottom.

Moral of the story. We filed a complaint. Their boss we talked to at Wildlife and Fisheries said those two guys were not even supposed to check fishermen that day. They were only supposed to be looking for a boat that had been shrimping out of season. Nothing else.

That was several years ago. Enough said
Old 07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

W! They'd Figured 8 dat azz wit dat 50 cal and made Swiss cheese outa dat haynie ! Dat aint no shizt !Seen them hazzle poor ole fellow by the dock the other day. Ole fellow rattled so bad he fell out da boat.What happened next would piss anyone off. They helped him into CG vessel and immediately cuffed him and hauled him and his alum. skiff to where ever.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 583

bmac i did tie the rope off to my cleat because the capt was insistent and i did not have a problem with until she put it in gear. I have a copy of the check with their info on it i think i will file a complaint, the more i think about it the more pissed i get about it.

this took place in Lake P
Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

You can file a claiim against them for damage. PM me if you like and I can tell you a little more about it.