SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,059
Default Key West

I might be headed down to Key West later this year for a long weekend with the wife and have never been. I was wondering if anyone has gone and if they had any tips on things to do, places to eat or where stay. Any info would be helpful.

BROWN FIN
Old 04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN FIN View Post
I might be headed down to Key West later this year for a long weekend with the wife and have never been. I was wondering if anyone has gone and if they had any tips on things to do, places to eat or where stay. Any info would be helpful.

BROWN FIN
I went last year and plan on going back at least once a year! if I were you I would stay at Casa Marina, awesome place but a little far from the action. Every place we ate was fantastic but I really enjoyed A&B by Mallory Square. Breakfast at Blue Heaven, which is near Hemingways house is a must. Cool shows and sunset at Mallory Square. Bring LOTS and LOTS of money!!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

I love Key West! Stayed there for a few months at a time for work when I was younger. If you like to party Devall St. is Bourbon street with a caribbean flare.

Lots of restaurants some I really liked but really can't remember any names. I do remember that I was there long enough to start paying locals prices at some places.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Went a few years back and had a blast. Its like a miniature, cleaner Bourbon Street. There aren't many beaches to hang out on, but you can rent scooters/motorcycles and cruise down the highway between the Keys. There is a place where you can go out on a dock and feed the tarpon, I would definitely do that. You can handfeed a 100+lb. tarpon. When you get to the Keys the speed limit is like 45 on the highway so take your time and enjoy it and even get a convertible. We did a night fishing tarpon trip and had a good time, but that was before we realized you could hand feed the things about half a mile down the road. Did a fishing trip and caught 40 something dolphin and some tripletail. Islamorada has the Saltwater Sportsman shop there, and you can also ride up a few hours and take a trip down Alligator Alley and mess around in the Everglades
Old 04-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

You can also scuba dive for lobsters depending on when you go If you go on a charter trip and do not want to catch king mackerel and bonito, make sure you tell the captain as many times people go for their first time and they will entertain these folks with those fish.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 806

I'll second mriguy's recomendations stayed and ate same places all r excellent.
B sure and do transvestite show hallarious on Duval street
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

I wish I could remember all of the cool places we went to but I was hammered drunk for the entire week. If you make it to the sunset shows at Mallory Square, ther is an old guy selling some Key Lime dacqueries (sp)from a cart. Get a couple
Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,115

Square Grouper around milemarker 22. Very nice dining.
If you make it to Marathon La Nina Cuban food, place has about 8 tables most only 2 chairs. You walk in the owner usually greets you and show you the days cooking. The day we were ther oxtail, pork chops, chicken, plantains, two type of rice . I just told he to bring me a plate with a little of everything, all was good eats. Was told their Cuban sandwich is the best, but didn't make it back ,on the last trip.