SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoEasy View Post
Give me y'all's address since I know I can rob you without a threat of it being defended.
If my life is in danger ... It will be on. If I catch you trying to break in my truck ... Bring it I have insurance , mean dogs and I'm not afraid to break my hand on someone's jaw but I sure as hell ain't shooting someone over something that can be replaced and go to jail for some stupid TRASH.... And anyways in my experience 99% of the ones who claim to be bad arses , when crap his the fan they do nothing !
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

Not sure if LA has this law but a lot of states do that if someone is killed during a crime everybody involved in that crime gets charged with murder. If LA does then every kid in that car should get the same charge as the shooter.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Redfish

Cash: 615

I've never claimed to be a badass but I took down my last post before I saw your reply. It isn't my nature to make stupid comments like I just did. I understand there's a difference between defending yourself/family and striking out. I hope I never get put in this guys shoes but hope my better judgement would help me to make the right decision.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

That young and breaking into vehicles for alleged several times, chances are they ain't going anywhere good in life. If it really was the 3rd or 4th time and the police didn't want to attempt to do anything, i don't feel bad. I know my parents road gets broken into a lot, and even when cops are called, nothing is done. Sometimes it takes someone getting shot to stop things. Bottom line, don't break into other peoples vehicles or houses, and you don't have to worry about getting shot.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Like previously stated, the whole "i was only trying to steal beer" statement is extremely convienient. Look at statistics, most people that young aren't going to get any better as they grow up. Not to mention, even if they were caught, chances are they would shake it off and not even be punished. Don't break into people's shi*. We're taught that from a young age. Don't act like yall wouldn't be upset if someone broke into your boat and stole a gps, 10 rods and reels, or a pistol out of your truck. Youndon't want to go through the hassle of insurance or trying to press charges. Nothing ever comes of that. If there were more harsh consequences, such as getting shot, the world would be a better place. Face it
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Like previously stated, the whole "i was only trying to steal beer" statement is extremely convienient. Look at statistics, most people that young aren't going to get any better as they grow up. Not to mention, even if they were caught, chances are they would shake it off and not even be punished. Don't break into people's shi*. We're taught that from a young age. Don't act like yall wouldn't be upset if someone broke into your boat and stole a gps, 10 rods and reels, or a pistol out of your truck. Youndon't want to go through the hassle of insurance or trying to press charges. Nothing ever comes of that. If there were more harsh consequences, such as getting shot, the world would be a better place. Face it
I concur. It's a sad situation that somebody died over material things, but if more people died over good principals like "Don't Steal", then the world would be a better place because people wouldn't be resorting to stealing. people nowadays just steal to steal. it aint even like they need to to feed the family. they just doin it cuz its easier than working. And when the courts have basically made no real consequences for it, why wouldnt they continue.

Just about everyone on here posts up about how "they hate a thief" or "let me catch someone breaking into my stuff" every time a theft thread is posted. However now because a 15y/o got killed, you wouldn't shoot unless they're in your house and actually threatened. Fact of the matter is, ever since all these laws were placed, people are now scared to protect their stuff for fear of prosecution. Crooks now have more rights than the people they robbing. As soon as a shooting case opens up with the situation that the victim was breaking into ANYTHING thats not his, the case should immediately be dismissed. bottom line is DONT TOUCH OTHER PEOPLES THINGS!!!

i understand this shooting looks bad because supposedly they were driving away, but as stated before, the story seems shady and probably not accurate at this point.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Keeping a gun in your vehicle is an extention of the home......the threat is not.
"W" you are just full of ****.........and talking **** like you always do.
Only a kid would kill over stuff.........most of us are more grown up then that. You are too, you know it. I (and i think like you) would WANT to, but .......

This is a sad, sad time when kids are killing over I-phones and shoes.

now, you screw with my family, extended as well, and it's game on.
Dude your full of ****..... Come take something on my property and find out what the **** will happen

I have zero tolerance for a theft and I promise if someone was on my property and caught in the act of theft and I take him as a threat

I Would never spend one second in jail... Not one second
Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Better not shoot in the back=fleeing and your gettn att 2nd degree or 2nd degree murder, your gettn 40 if you kill!!! Take conceal course and youll find all these answers! You gotta play by the rules or take a seat in the 6x9.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Dude your full of ****..... Come take something on my property and find out what the **** will happen

I have zero tolerance for a theft and I promise if someone was on my property and caught in the act of theft and I take him as a threat

Pretty hard to take him as a threat if he is trying to get away in his truck(as the report in this case says). You really don't know what you are talking about. Like Spinna said, take the CC course and know the rules before you play the game.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

No way he shot all them while fleeing in truck. It would take lots of luck (good or bad) to hit 3 moving targets. Driver in ankle, on passenger in head the other in the back the neck.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

Well when bubba is balls deep in you and you're heating up coffee under running hot water...... Call me ill put a few bucks on your commissary so you can buy a few moon pies to help fend off bubbas friends!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

The truth hasn't even come out yet and everyone is fighting with each other about who is more badass, who is more mature, or who is more level headed.

No one knows exactly what happened, we'd be just as productive fighting over how to train a unicorn to retrieve birds.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

What if you're going to see why your light is on in your truck then once you get closer you realize there's a person in your truck with a screw driver and crow bar. I would consider those deadly weapons. Most people who break in vehicles for radios always have a pry bar or screw driver
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
No one knows exactly what happened, we'd be just as productive fighting over how to train a unicorn to retrieve birds.
This!!!^^^

Funny as all heck but, accurate.

I still stand by what I said though...Even though it's illegal, I'm not shooting someone or, even at them over a half carton of cigarettes that's in my truck!

In our CC class, the instructor made a great point. He stated that if you ever do use your weapon, you need to have at least $25k set aside for a defense fund. Even if you are cleared criminally(and don't spend even one second in jail), be prepared to have an attorney present and get ready for a civil suit from the family of the person you shot. $25k is a lot of cigarettes and cd players!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8cody View Post
What if you're going to see why your light is on in your truck then once you get closer you realize there's a person in your truck with a screw driver and crow bar. I would consider those deadly weapons. Most people who break in vehicles for radios always have a pry bar or screw driver
That's the point when you have to make the call. Are they charging toward you in a threatening manner or one that you feel is a threatening manner? Are they running away from you?...

I hope I never have to find any of this out, honestly.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

I feel the same way as spinna.. As a former state game warden, my training of the law is, unless its changed??? IF THEY WERE FLEEING.. Deadly force is not warranted!!!! No threat to bodily harm..

Again the Whole STORY so for is really CLOUDED.. Beer?? I'm not so sure??? Truck break in??? I'm not so sure... It's definitely a HORRIBLE MESS!!!

No parent should have to go thru burying a child...
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
The truth hasn't even come out yet and everyone is fighting with each other about who is more badass, who is more mature, or who is more level headed.

I'm not even talking about the laffy shooting, I'm talking about people on your property and the use of firearms to defend material things in general
Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

I dug a pit around my truck with pungee sticks lining the bottom
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I dug a pit around my truck with pungee sticks lining the bottom
you laugh, I know some fruit loop that did that to his trailer. a real whacko
Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Just remember shoot below the waist if they are running away.