SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 05-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Flounder

Cash: 526
Default Power-pole not working

I tried emailing power-pole tech support but figured this forum would have faster answers. Last week I stored my boat and forgot to turn off my perko switch to kill all power. I was getting my boat ready for fishing this weekend and noticed that the power had stayed on and the little green light on my power-pole pump was still on. It's a Sportsman II model. I turned my perko on/off and the green light on my power-pole pump came back on but it didn't make the chime sound that it always does when I usually turn on power. I read in the manual that if the power-pole isn't used for a while it goes into hibernate mode but I can't find if there's a way to turn hibernate mode back on or if it just comes back on automatically. When I hit the button on my remote and dash switch the green light on my pump flickers so it seems like it's getting a signal. Also, since my perko was turned off my battery wasn't charged fully. I run my power-pole and outboard on the same battery. I was able to crank my outboard so I figured that I should have enough juice for the power-pole to work but I could be wrong. Any tips/help to fix it is appreciated.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Redfish

Cash: 692

You try killing all power via switch and then turning it all back on a few minutes later?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Flounder

I did kill the switch and turn it back on after several minutes but the green light came on but didn't flash or make the chime sound it normally does. The PP didn't do anything when I pressed the buttons on the remote. BTW, it worked perfect a week ago when I parked it and didn't turn off the main switch. I don't know what could've happened between now and then to make it quit working.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Sounds like a corrosion problem. Look at your connections and check your fuses. You could try calling power pole I have never had a problem with them getting back to me via email quickly either though.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Flounder

I don't think it's corrosion problem. I bought the PP last September so it's not even a year old. I'll try giving PP a call.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Check inline fuse
Old 05-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Flounder

I just called PP tech support. The guy told me to remove the fuse for 30 seconds so the unit can reset itself. If that didn't work to remove the 4 screws on the top cap on the pump and remove the board and try it like that (Not sure what that would do but I'll try if the fuse doesn't work). He told me that if that doesn't work then it may be a circuit board issue.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,083

Is it working yet? Their cust service has been top notch every time I needed them.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty713 View Post
Is it working yet? Their cust service has been top notch every time I needed them.

X2
Old 05-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Flounder

Update on powerpole. I called customer service and they advised me to remove the fuse for 5 minutes to see if the unit would reset itself. If that didn't work, then remove the (4) screws on the top cap and remove the board and disconnect the ribbon wire going from the top cap (part with buttons and lights) to the board. I did everything they recommended and nothing worked. I called customer service back and they shipped me a new circuit board and also a new top cap - everything is still under warranty but he told me that the parts would've cost $240. I should be good to go after I change out the parts. PP Tech support has been great to deal with.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

There's nothing like great customer service. I recently bought a new Motorguide xi5 trolling motor and when I was putting the batteries in the remote control unit for the first time, one of the 4 screws that holds the cover in place stripped out the plastic. I called Motorguide and they immediately sent me a new one, and I didn't even have to send the old one back which still works. So now I have a backup remote control unit that still works but doesn't seal water tight. I didn't know this but Mercury owns Motorguide. Excellent customer service! There's nothing like it!