SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

When I go to fish, I go to bring fish home. Im not there to out fish anyone, or show up anyone. If they are biting on live bait, thats what I use. If they are hitting artificial then thats what it will be. I deff dont think it makes a better fisherman one way or the other. A better fisherman knows how to catch fish with what they are biting on. A good fisherman knows how to use each and when to use it.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

This thread can go on for days, this is a matter opinions...who right, everyone is....lets just go catch sumoe...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 696

Live Bait: Just cast and wait, great for new anglers, great for finicky fish, Used mostly with spinning gear, expensive, takes extra time to change/re-rig, trash fish magnet, takes special preparations/ live wells, etc.

Artificial: Match the hatch, Faster recast, lots of options to choose from, angler creates desired action, used mostly with baitcasters, helps to have confidence in lures to grind out fish in tough conditions, can be cheap or VERY expensive depending on your propensity for buying every type of lure option.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
This thread can go on for days, this is a matter opinions...who right, everyone is....lets just go catch sumoe...
agreed.... ready to slang some trout. Arties all day!!! cant bring the baitwell in da yak is all i am saying.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

Def Plastics are more difficult to consistantly catch trout
Old 07-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

This is not to make fun of one way or the other....some are getting bent out of shape..

on the bad fishing part...Its not that every guy who uses live bait can not fish or is a bad fisherman with no respect ...>it the higher percentage of people who use live bait are....NOT ALL just more

Like with T-Top boats...Not all who have a T-Top is a bad fisherman but the higher % who have them are....They seem to be the ones who mess up people the most...NOT ALL

also live vs artificial

I know several guides personal who will not use live bait and the only exception for them to ever have it in there boat is...KIDS or Senior citizens fishing

IMO..If your a guide and can not put a good number of trout in your boat on plastic all year long...your not that good

I have seen guides throwing live shrimp at sunrise....WOW.. That shows me a few things about him right off the bat...#1 Lazy #2 has no confidence in his ability to catch fish on plastic #3 lack lots of knowledge

There should be no reason for a guide to be throwing live shrimp at daylight or even the 1st 3 hours....

all my years on Big lake...I know for a Fact there is one month and one month only it is hard to catch lots of numbers on plastic and that is August....every other month you can load them up....

If im a guide I want to teach people how to fish...Not go set anchor and throw crickets under a cork and say reel in...That is not teaching them anything ,,,and there is a reason why they hired you or your company....so teach them how to use plastic and catch fish

I take guys all the time who never fish saltwater...I always show them how you use plastic and teach them why and what we are doing while fishing....they will leave my boat knowing more than they came on it with.....
Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
also live vs artificial

I know several guides personal who will not use live bait and the only exception for them to ever have it in there boat is...KIDS or Senior citizens fishing

Just as with MOST not ALL your ramblings, you can NOT have both, you either do NOT fish with it, or you DO or WILL. This guy DOES

IMO..If your a guide and can not put a good number of trout in your boat on plastic all year long...your not that good

I have seen guides throwing live shrimp at sunrise....WOW.. That shows me a few things about him right off the bat...#1 Lazy #2 has no confidence in his ability to catch fish on plastic #3 lack lots of knowledge

There should be no reason for a guide to be throwing live shrimp at daylight or even the 1st 3 hours....

More of your lust for Big Lake guides is all this is, you wish you were a guide is all

all my years on Big lake...I know for a Fact there is one month and one month only it is hard to catch lots of numbers on plastic and that is August....every other month you can load them up....

If you were a 'good' fisherman you shouldn't NEED live bait remember, see above and see every other post you ever ramble about

If im a guide I want to teach people how to fish...Not go set anchor and throw crickets under a cork and say reel in...That is not teaching them anything ,,,and there is a reason why they hired you or your company....so teach them how to use plastic and catch fish

Most people going with a guide are not out there to LEARN how to fish, they want to CATCH fish and have a good time.

I take guys all the time who never fish saltwater...I always show them how you use plastic and teach them why and what we are doing while fishing....they will leave my boat knowing more than they came on it with.....
You just have a love affair with guides, I think you should become a guide and your slogan could be:

We NEVER fish live bait (excecpt for August when its hard to catch fish), and $100 for fisherman who can throw a cast net:*****:
Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Flounder

Cash: 692

Im not good at artificial bait at all.
never seem to catch much.
But dead shrimp or cut bait, just throw it out and wait about 10 seconds and you feel that bump. bump, bump, pull. zing.. there you go.
sometings gonna bite.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Redfish View Post
Im not good at artificial bait at all.
never seem to catch much.
But dead shrimp or cut bait, just throw it out and wait about 10 seconds and you feel that bump. bump, bump, pull. zing.. there you go.
sometings gonna bite.

Croaker/Hardhead city. I'd rather catch nothing than fish with expensive saltwater crickets and catch trash.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Ling

Mines bigger than yours, i can jump higher, i got more money than you, my noats bigger, faster, and more confy, my kids are smarter than yours, zi hate live bait, i love art.........the point of this is........:...

SO WHAT.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Quote:
Mines bigger than yours, i can jump higher, i got more money than you, my noats bigger, faster, and more confy, my kids are smarter than yours, zi hate live bait, i love art.........the point of this is........:...

SO WHAT.
Agreed, well said. This thread was started by somoene that wanted to get a big debate started and mess with everyone which is fine. They got what they wanted.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,486

Quote:
Mines bigger than yours, i can jump higher, i got more money than you, my noats bigger, faster, and more confy, my kids are smarter than yours, zi hate live bait, i love art.........the point of this is........:.
.........the point of this is........:... You spell like "W"
Old 07-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Ling

So what.....im taller than "w"......so what.....lol haha. Rotfl.....
Old 07-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So what.....im taller than "w"......so what.....lol haha. Rotfl.....
Point taken!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

We just need to make a bait that starts out artificial and becomes alive...kinda the same principle as sea monkeys. Solve the debate haha
Old 07-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Flounder

Cash: 692

Did you just say seamonkeys. lol
I forgot all about them.
When i was a kid my dad got me some of those seamonkeys aka little brine shrimp.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

Flyfisherman are better than any one! Especially ones that tie there own flies. ( like me) You start making your own baits and catching fish, then come talk to me
Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast View Post
Flyfisherman are better than any one!
You just knocked that one out of the park!

Sent from my EVO
Old 07-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Quote:
Flyfisherman are better than any one! Especially ones that tie there own flies. ( like me) You start making your own baits and catching fish, then come talk to me
One upper.......
Old 07-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Dats right boy! You tell em!!!!
We need a like button!!!!