SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV)

Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV) Discuss anything to do with offroad sports here, including ATVs, mudding in your truck, etc.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Sounds like a pretty good ride.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
You can go from Mae's Beach all the way to the light house.
When 3 wheelers first came out, we usta do that in the spring.
Also, you can drop at Rutherfords Beach and go all the way to Cameron, or almost all the way to Mermentau River. At one time, the mouth of the Mermentau was right at the end of the Rutherfords Beach road and Hackberry Beach Island was on the other side. We would float the 3 wheelers across the river and ride on the island beach. Now the mouth of the river closed off and you can ride anything down the beach.

No matter what people will tell you, the first 150 ft of beach from the water line inland, is public beach.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

It's best to go with at least 2 bikes and a long rope, incase of breakdowns.
Bring groceries, drinks and gas also. Once you get started on that open beach,
you want to ride all day long.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Sailfish

maybe we could plan a big group ride down there....anyone up for it? I have a small group planing to go in March or April to Mena, Arkansas for a few days to ride in the mountains if anyone is interested.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
maybe we could plan a big group ride down there....anyone up for it? I have a small group planing to go in March or April to Mena, Arkansas for a few days to ride in the mountains if anyone is interested.
what kinda bike you got
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

If you want a great ride check out brimstone in scott co TN. Wife and I spent a week riding the trails up there and had a gerat time. I dont think we went on the same trail twice.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Great rides this way also tower trax is one that's pretty good also canal road is good and red creek in Mississippi is pretty good...
Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Bounce Benefit Ride

maybe our wonderful moderators and their long line of "connections" could put together a benefit ride for salty cajun users and friends, i know of a special little girl who could use some help right now if this is something they would be able to get done, chicken or paul or any one else who could pull this off let me know, you can count me in if so, let me know
Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
maybe our wonderful moderators and their long line of "connections" could put together a benefit ride for salty cajun users and friends, i know of a special little girl who could use some help right now if this is something they would be able to get done, chicken or paul or any one else who could pull this off let me know, you can count me in if so, let me know
Our attention is focused on the Saltycajun Tournament in August 2012. However, with that being said, you are more than welcome to coordinate a ride and let everyone on this site know all the specifics of when and where at and I will gladly participate. Love a good ATV ride....
Old 02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
King Mackeral

Default idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Our attention is focused on the Saltycajun Tournament in August 2012. However, with that being said, you are more than welcome to coordinate a ride and let everyone on this site know all the specifics of when and where at and I will gladly participate. Love a good ATV ride....
i would if i could, but i am new to 4wheeling and i don't even know where to begin to get something like this started or accomplised
Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
i would if i could, but i am new to 4wheeling and i don't even know where to begin to get something like this started or accomplised

What do you have in mind for this event? There are several trail systems in the Fort Polk, Forest Hill, Alexandria and other areas that are state trails that have big camping areas with a lot of parking that could be used. Somthing as simple as hamburgers for food or hot dogs would work..... just throw some ideas out and see what you can get and who will jump in with you, I am game for somthin like this and will do what I can to help. Jason
Old 02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,188

I do not even live in Louisiana anymore so I would not be much help to you. Like Bluechip I may be intrested in coming to the event with my ATV and I am sure I would help with anything you need but I do not know any of the trail areas in Louisiana (or Texas either actually).

I am always interested in helping people especially kids so please do keep me posted and I will do anything I can to help.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
King Mackeral

Default idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
What do you have in mind for this event? There are several trail systems in the Fort Polk, Forest Hill, Alexandria and other areas that are state trails that have big camping areas with a lot of parking that could be used. Somthing as simple as hamburgers for food or hot dogs would work..... just throw some ideas out and see what you can get and who will jump in with you, I am game for somthin like this and will do what I can to help. Jason
see i didn't think about food, i can't afford to supply enough hot dogs or hamburgers to feed a crew nor do i know any one capable of that, i was throwing an idea out there,

i can pitch in and help but i don't have the resources to feed a large group of people

and i don't know who or where to call to get started to set up for a ride,

i have only been a fourwheeler "owner" for a few months now, i have never been on any kind of trail ride other than to and from my deer stand
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
see i didn't think about food, i can't afford to supply enough hot dogs or hamburgers to feed a crew nor do i know any one capable of that, i was throwing an idea out there,

i can pitch in and help but i don't have the resources to feed a large group of people

and i don't know who or where to call to get started to set up for a ride,

i have only been a fourwheeler "owner" for a few months now, i have never been on any kind of trail ride other than to and from my deer stand
I have never organized anything like this myself but if you want to get an idea of what's involved contact some of the guys getting the fishing tournament together and ask some questions. You may talk around and find people or businesses that will donate money, prizes or food to help out with expense or I am not sure but you could possibly take a set portion of money donated to cover expense.....
If anyone else reads this and has info that would help speak up please.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

There's some good trails in jacksonville, tx at river run... Then you got Claiborne