SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174
Default Salty Cajun Christmas Family Fund

We plan to adopt two families this year, one from the east side of the state and one from the west side. Southern 151 (Corey) will handle all of the donations so that the cash is kept separate from our website through his PayPal account. He will post his information here shortly. Our plan is to raise as much as possible and split the money between the west side and east side family.

I think this is a great cause and I look forward to hopefully helping make a difference for two families that might not otherwise have a great holiday.

More details to follow.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Sounds like a plan!

EVO
Old 11-08-2011, 10:50 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Sounds like a plan!

EVO
Yep, that's a good thing...
Old 11-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Very cool,great idea!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I'm back biotchs and i'm in.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I'm back biotchs and i'm in.
Welcome back sir, glad to have you back on board.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Welcome back sir, glad to have you back on board.
Had some things that needed to be worked out ,You know
Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Had some things that needed to be worked out ,You know
I understand, welcome back.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Casey, let me know when and where and i will contribute
Old 11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Casey, let me know when and where and i will contribute
x2 what a great way to share our blessings. That's what Christmas is all about...
Old 11-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Thumbs up

Ok guys, here’s what we are thinking. I have a family in dire need over here so, with Casey in agreement, the eastside family is taken care of. Their dad was in a nasty accident that should have severed his foot and hasn’t been able to work in months. At this point, they are literally hunting and fishing for their meals, kids included. I am asking that the folks on the west side find someone who could use our help. Surely someone here knows a family in true need.

Who from the west side would like to head up this part of the project? It’s gonna require a lot of effort and some valuable time but, what better to do than help someone else out?!

Several things were mentioned to me last night that I had never considered about doing this. Clearly, having some toys for the kids in the family is a no brainer but, to Mom and Dad, they need help as well. A gift card to a Payless Shoe Store was one thing mentioned. We all know kids need shoes and this helps make sure money isn’t spent in an irresponsible way. Also, a local grocery store card that is for dairy and meat only. Or, get with their utility company and pay a light bill. All things that are a TREMENDOUS help to parents that you wouldn’t normally relate to a Christmas family.

Eman and I talked last night and, he and “Mrs. Clause” will be handling the delivery aspects of the east family due to proximity to my personal family and, I really want to keep this anonymous. Depending on the funds raised, we will be delivering some toys for the kids, a good, hot Christmas meal and perhaps some relief for Mom and Dad.

I will not only be relying on what we as Salty Cajuns raise but, will also be hitting up some local businesses about helping as well. I think this could be a HUGE success and a great tradition for this band of brothers here at the SC! Depending on the funds raised, we may be able to help more families than two. This all depends on you guys! Again, I need a west side member to help with this as well. Discuss it amongst yourselves and pick a chairperson for this as well as a family. Everyone here is free to call me anytime regarding this at my shop or, on my cell. Those numbers are 225-647-2772(shop) and, 580-716-4995(cell)

Let’s make this thing great fellas!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Ok guys, here’s what we are thinking. I have a family in dire need over here so, with Casey in agreement, the eastside family is taken care of. Their dad was in a nasty accident that should have severed his foot and hasn’t been able to work in months. At this point, they are literally hunting and fishing for their meals, kids included. I am asking that the folks on the west side find someone who could use our help. Surely someone here knows a family in true need.

Who from the west side would like to head up this part of the project? It’s gonna require a lot of effort and some valuable time but, what better to do than help someone else out?!

Several things were mentioned to me last night that I had never considered about doing this. Clearly, having some toys for the kids in the family is a no brainer but, to Mom and Dad, they need help as well. A gift card to a Payless Shoe Store was one thing mentioned. We all know kids need shoes and this helps make sure money isn’t spent in an irresponsible way. Also, a local grocery store card that is for dairy and meat only. Or, get with their utility company and pay a light bill. All things that are a TREMENDOUS help to parents that you wouldn’t normally relate to a Christmas family.

Eman and I talked last night and, he and “Mrs. Clause” will be handling the delivery aspects of the east family due to proximity to my personal family and, I really want to keep this anonymous. Depending on the funds raised, we will be delivering some toys for the kids, a good, hot Christmas meal and perhaps some relief for Mom and Dad.

I will not only be relying on what we as Salty Cajuns raise but, will also be hitting up some local businesses about helping as well. I think this could be a HUGE success and a great tradition for this band of brothers here at the SC! Depending on the funds raised, we may be able to help more families than two. This all depends on you guys! Again, I need a west side member to help with this as well. Discuss it amongst yourselves and pick a chairperson for this as well as a family. Everyone here is free to call me anytime regarding this at my shop or, on my cell. Those numbers are 225-647-2772(shop) and, 580-716-4995(cell)

Let’s make this thing great fellas!!!!
Corey if people would like to start giving what email addy in paypal should they use? I also I assume people can PM you to get your addy if they prefer to send a check?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Swordfish

Corey , IMHO ,lets just concentrate on the 2 familys this year. the more we collect the more we can do for them. I have an idea but need to run it by the boss when she gets home.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Blue Marlin

My Paypal account is c_fisher79@yahoo.com. If you would be so kind, please include your screen name here so I can keep up and make a final list of donors. I will not include amounts donated but, would like to be able to show off how many great folks we have here!

Also, if you do not have a paypal account, PM me and I'll give you my home address so we can do paper checks and money orders as well!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Blue Marlin

BTW, I do still need a representative from the west side to help me out with this. It's gonna require some leg work but, it will be very rewarding IMO!

We also will need a family over there to nominate. If you know of one, let me know. PM it to me if that is better. If there is more than one, how will we handle it?...Drawing? First mentioned? Need input from y'all.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Corey , IMHO ,lets just concentrate on the 2 familys this year. the more we collect the more we can do for them. I have an idea but need to run it by the boss when she gets home.
I agree.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Blue Marlin

For clarification, my paypal is c _ fisher79@yahoo.com. That's c underscore. Sorry bout that fellas!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

This is a very admirable idea guys.

I have a lot of miscellaneous baits that I wanted to use to put together a tackle box for a young kid, so if that can be used for this effort (once families are known) please let me know.

Sorry Jordan, but you don't qualify!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Can you guys list ages of children or sizes in case someone can get a business to donate clothes or toys.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Swordfish

Corey,
Mrs santa and i have got all the food covered for the east side family.
i will smofry a turkey and will have cornbread dressing, 2 veggies, cranberry sauce, rolls and desert.
we have foil pans and everything we need to deliver. Lets Concentrate on the kids and mom and dad