SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 600

i see it ill do what alot of others do, do it to it gets to bad then quit,, untill then dipthenspit
Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,300
Default quit

Do a search on the net for throat cancer or lip cancer and that will be some encouragement to quit. Smoked and dipped for years. Watch my dad die of lung cancer, quit smoking. Had a gland in my jaw swell up. Doc said possible precancerous growth. Quit chewing.

Quitting smoking was a breeze compared to quitting dipping. To this day, I haven't dipped in 8 years, when I smell Skoal, I still want a chew.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Please lets try to keep the comments to expected goals and tips on reaching these goals.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Sorry, didn't realize what forum this was in.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

My grandfather got cancer in his gums from dipping and lost his bottom lip. I am now 12 days SMOKE FREE and feeling good. According to the Wi Fit I am dropping a few lbs too.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
My grandfather got cancer in his gums from dipping and lost his bottom lip. I am now 12 days SMOKE FREE and feeling good. According to the Wi Fit I am dropping a few lbs too.

My dad has been doing pretty good with quiting smoking. Im glad.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
Sorry, didn't realize what forum this was in.
I thought about what I posted not what I meant by any means...

No jchief your comment is very valid tobacco is bad stuff no matter how you cut it...I am just as guilty. But instead of bragging about it lets try to help people who do not want to use tabacco any more!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Default gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I thought about what I posted not what I meant by any means...

No jchief your comment is very valid tobacco is bad stuff no matter how you cut it...I am just as guilty. But instead of bragging about it lets try to help people who do not want to use tabacco any more!!
Well, I can tell you that the gum helped me quit somking and I went through 3 of the 5 lbs bags of peppermints from Sam's to kick the Skoal habit. Very tough habit to break. I believe one thing you need to be aware of is the "triggers" that make you want to smoke or chew and try to avoid them or do something else to break it.

good luck to everyone out there trying to quit.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 650

Just a little update....

I have dropped 28lbs since making this post. I am lifting weights 3 times per week and running 2 times per week. My diet is pretty solid, but I am not getting crazy with it. If I want to eat something unhealthy, I do. High protein, reduced fat, reduced carbs, little to no sugar has been the ticket for me. I have put on a ton of muscle mass and experienced great strength gains. The only supps I take are fish oil, a multivitamin, and protein post-workout. Hopefully I can stick with it!!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Good job man! My wife and I started P90X on Monday. She's doing the WeightWatchers diet and I'm mostly just eating alot less and watching what I eat a little more than before. It doesn't take much for me to start shedding weight but I always seem to fall off after a few weeks. This time is different though, we're going to the beach in August and I'll be damn if I'm gonna be the fat kid on the beach lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

hey guys, im seein how alot of you have kicked tobacco to the curve..... i have thought of stopping dipping a few times, but never made it a goal. if i go a day without it its all i think about. what are some good tips to help me stop.
i mainly dip when i driving, fishin, golf, hunting and after meals.
problem is i drive 700-1000 miles a week. fish most every weekend and play 1 a week and eat 3-4 meals a day.
so i need some ways to get me not thinkin bout takin a dip.....
i dont wanna loose my lip / jaw. and i know this will also drop my premimum for my life insurance by half and helth insurance by .25%.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
hey guys, im seein how alot of you have kicked tobacco to the curve..... i have thought of stopping dipping a few times, but never made it a goal. if i go a day without it its all i think about. what are some good tips to help me stop.
i mainly dip when i driving, fishin, golf, hunting and after meals.
problem is i drive 700-1000 miles a week. fish most every weekend and play 1 a week and eat 3-4 meals a day.
so i need some ways to get me not thinkin bout takin a dip.....
i dont wanna loose my lip / jaw. and i know this will also drop my premimum for my life insurance by half and helth insurance by .25%.
pm ducktrickster, he just quit and had a tough time.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

i been trying to shed the dipping also.... i dip a roll (5 cans) in about 2-3 days..
Old 05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
i been trying to shed the dipping also.... i dip a roll (5 cans) in about 2-3 days..
Trying... my ***.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 650

If you are trying to quit dipping or smoking I would strongly suggest using the patch or some other type of nicotine therapy. When you wean yourself off nicotine it makes it much easier to quit. I quit dipping 2 years ago and smoking just over 1 year ago. Quitting dipping wasn't bad cause I was still smoking, but quitting smoking was really tough. I used the patch and followed the directions exactly like they were printed and I have not had a cigarette since. Don't take any shortcuts or mess around with this stuff, just do it exactly how it was intended to be done!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Bout to try the gum or patch myself I hate waking up feeling all blah with a cough from the last smoke of the night!