SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsack View Post
Who wants to buy a foreign vehicle ANYWAY??????????
I drive an American made truck, but when you're done singing the Star Spangled Banner, take the phone or computer you just typed this on and throw it to the road, cause ain't a one of them sum-bich's made in America.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
I drive an American made truck, but when you're done singing the Star Spangled Banner, take the phone or computer you just typed this on and throw it to the road, cause ain't a one of them sum-bich's made in America.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
Just read that fine print! Lifetime Powertrain Warrenty for no extra money. You pay ZERO for repairs ANYWHERE in the nation and they are a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback and that was out of 141 reviews. And these vehicles are brand new from the factory so I don't think you have to worry about hail damage. Think I'll drive to Texas and keep my hard earned money in my pocket.
You be supprised with all the "brand new" vehicle on dealership lots. By law they do not have to disclose damage to "brand new" vehicle if its less that 20% of the car value...Nothing is free, someone have to pay for it..all the dealer is doing is pass it along as part of the cost to whatever you are buying...hence you are the one paying for it..most import cars come with a 5yr/60k miles powertrain warranty anyway...more than likely you would trade that car in within 5 yrs anyway..When was the last time you kept a car "lifetime"?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozediver View Post
You be supprised with all the "brand new" vehicle on dealership lots. By law they do not have to disclose damage to "brand new" vehicle if its less that 20% of the car value...Nothing is free, someone have to pay for it..all the dealer is doing is pass it along as part of the cost to whatever you are buying...hence you are the one paying for it..most import cars come with a 5yr/60k miles powertrain warranty anyway...more than likely you would trade that car in within 5 yrs anyway..When was the last time you kept a car "lifetime"?

nozediver, do you happen to work in automotive sales?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
You be supprised with all the "brand new" vehicle on dealership lots. By law they do not have to disclose damage to "brand new" vehicle if its less that 20% of the car value...Nothing is free someone have to pay for it..all the dealer is doing is pass it along as part of the cost to whatever you are buy...hence you are the one paying for it..most import cars come with a 5yr/60k miles powertrain warranty anyway...more than likely you would trade that car anyway..When was the last time you kept a car "lifetime"?
I know I will not have it for a lifetime but I have paid 3 grand for transmissions after 100k miles. I paid 1800 for an extra Warrenty on the truck I am in now and it has a deductible. That lifetime I'm speaking of says in the fine print no deductible. You have to admit that's a pretty good deal for a vehicle that is $4000 cheaper then here. I wish I would have got my truck from there cause I would hold onto it for a work truck. My wife has 48,000 miles on her SUV now and it's only 18 months old. She burns the road up!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I keep all my cars for 10 years. I read an article once that said if you don't and you trade every three years that over the course of a lifetime you will pay close to 400k in car payments. I am getting ready to let the wife off the hook on the 2005 Honda Van a little early as she is complaining about driving a nine year old vehicle. I do like the imports for small cars versus American as they are more reliable and hold their value much better. Fort trucks, I buy American; American trucks resale is just a little behind Toyota and ahead of Nissan. I drive a Ford truck and probably always will. I got 215k out of the last one before I sold it and it was still going strong. I have had three of them and all of them were awesome.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

My old hoopty is 15 years old. I paid $27K for an F-250 diesel 15 years ago. They are over twice that much now.
Keeping her till she dies. I got a new F-150 2 years ago. If the diesel lasts 20 years, I will get 20 out of the F-150.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Flounder

Cash: 566

Quote:
It's your money you do what you want, but the next time someone gets layoff or programs get cutted because of a lack of funds..DONT COMPLAIN!!
Dear Mr. Nozepicker,

I generally don't complain much about anything. I would like to know what makes you an expert on this subject? Or at least that is the impression I'm getting from all your posts.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My wife drives an 07 Ford 500 with 82,000 miles on it. Just put a second set of tires on it. That was a first! Use to be when it needed new tires I would trade it in.

My truck is an 08 GMC Sierra, The Check Engine light has been on since 30,000 miles. I have changed the upper control arms, i need to get a new set of tires for the rear, I'm going to roll it till the wheels fall off. I bought that truck for 23,000 brand new. There is no way I could touch a similiarly equiped brand new one for less than 30,000 now. I'm not into spending that much money on a truck that drive to a fab yard where they blast and paint and nothing is paved so you have dust all the time.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,202
Default Nissan

Nissan= DEMOCRATS
Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 694

Why not buy foreign? Our demestic car factories use foreign OIL to operate!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Not to mention since the GM bailout they shut factories down over here and opened them in china. So your American made GM is made in china. Good job bailing them out. They still slipped the taxpayers the boudin. We bail them out they close the factories here and open in china.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Ling

Fords and Chevys are completely American made?

Toyotas and Nissans are not all foreign made, some may even be more 'American' than some of the traditional American vehicles
Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Camry is the #1 car made in the US of american products
Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Toyota and Nissan do have more US parts than most domestics, and don't forget... Their plants are right here in the south and use non-union local talent.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Toyota and Nissan do have more US parts than most domestics, and don't forget... Their plants are right here in the south and use non-union local talent.
Very true!

I've had several customers come in and tell me how they'll ONLY accept American made parts on their "American made" vehicles. I chuckle and tell them that if they can find all of these parts made in America, I'll be happy to put them on their vehicle! Many of our domestic vehicles have parts made in Mexico or Canada.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

well my father in law purchasing a truck from Bolton today...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

My 67 Chrysler New Yorker was made in Canada. Go figure
Old 06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 828
Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave 2200 View Post
Dear Mr. Nozepicker,

I generally don't complain much about anything. I would like to know what makes you an expert on this subject? Or at least that is the impression I'm getting from all your posts.
Get the name right buddy. I sell cars for a living and I have been doing it for 15 years and loves my job everyday its not a glamorous job but it pays the bill. Its people like you that make me sick. B*tch and moan over $300-$400..take your money out of state to save a few bucks. I understand completely its your money but those out of state business does nothing for Louisiana. They take your money and could give a rats a** about what happens to you, because chances are they will never hear from or see you again. There is a thing call service after the sales, when was the last time you had car trouble and had to bring it in for repair? Ofcourse the dealer will fix you car because they have too but if you had need a car to go run errands, back to work, etc... Where was the people you had bought your vehicle from? Were they there to take care of you? My point in this whole thing is..Is the service after the sales..10-15 years of ownership worth the extra? To my loyal customer it is...I pick up their vehicles and give them a vehicle to drive while their is in service.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Get the name right buddy. I sell cars for a living and I have been doing it for 15 years and loves my job everyday its not a glamorous job but it pays the bill. Its people like you that make me sick. B*tch and moan over $300-$400..take your money out of state to save a few bucks. I understand completely its your money but those out of state business does nothing for Louisiana. They take your money and could give a rats a** about what happens to you, because chances are they will never hear from or see you again. There is a thing call service after the sales, when was the last time you had car trouble and had to bring it in for repair? Ofcourse the dealer will fix you car because they have too but if you had need a car to go run errands, back to work, etc... Where was the people you had bought your vehicle from? Were they there to take care of you? My point in this whole thing is..Is the service after the sales..10-15 years of ownership worth the extra? To my loyal customer it is...I pick up their vehicles and give them a vehicle to drive while their is in service.
EXACTLY!