SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124
Default We Wrote A Book

A life long dream come true we are now real live authors. This is a shameless plug and plee for help. Please buy you a copy and help us get the word out. facebook it tweet or twerp or what ever it is you do email etc and help this crusty ole Cajun make a lil money. Here it is let us know what ya think and if ya do decide to down load a copy please leave us a review that helps too.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/566680
Old 08-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Red Snapper

We have been really struggling to meet the requirements for our book to be offered at all ebook retailers. We spent all day and last night struggling to fix small format errors. This morning we joined hands and prayed for success. We have always said there is an angel there to help when you need one. Seconds after our prayer, we got a note from their suport staff saying he had fixed the last detail for us and we were accepted. AAAAAIEEEEEEE!! Now it will be for sale at places like barnes and noble and amazon and such.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 947

Congrats and good luck with the book sir !

Hope all goes yall's way !
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Crappy..... I just opened the link you post a couple days ago, and boy was I surprised. I was expecting something on Gardening or maybe South Louisiana life....... Not.....???
Old 08-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Red Snapper

The main character is "Captain Loos Aucoin and he is from south Louisiana 10,000 years in the future, The story opens with him paddling a futuristic canoe from his home to the space station to report to work. It is my dream for a future Cajun Cappy
Old 08-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
We have been really struggling to meet the requirements for our book to be offered at all ebook retailers. We spent all day and last night struggling to fix small format errors. This morning we joined hands and prayed for success. We have always said there is an angel there to help when you need one. Seconds after our prayer, we got a note from their suport staff saying he had fixed the last detail for us and we were accepted. AAAAAIEEEEEEE!! Now it will be for sale at places like barnes and noble and amazon and such.
Where can I find those requirements?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773

I'm in! Congrats for y'all filling your dreams. I'll download this weekend and post my review when finished. Excited.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Red Snapper

We epublished with smashwords.com They have a free how to guide and we made it through it and we aint very geeky. Their support team was very helpful and we got er done. Our book can be found on smashwords and several other ebook retailers including amazon. We are really excited. Barnes and Noble hasn't picked it up yet but should early next week. It's a really fun time and great relief to finally see it getting done. The answer to many a prayer.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Redfish

Cash: 573

Thank you.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Red Snapper

If ya thinking about publishing an ebook like we did we recommend ya start here:
https://www.smashwords.com/upload
Then click on the style guide down load it and follow it. If a dumb ole Cappy can do it anyone can. We had trouble but we are not geeky at all.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

congrats cappy, wishing you much success with it
Old 08-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Red Snapper

Thanks lots keakar It has been a rather stressful week, getting it published on line. We hope that it begins to sell well enough to allow me to remain kinda semi retired and allow us to get back into our Cajun country boy style of camping and fishing etc. We are still trying to get it in all the ebook retailers, Amazon accepted it late yesterday afternoon, and it is being reviewed by several other retailers like Barnes and Noble and such. Smashwords is our distributor and that is going pretty good. Time will tell and we set up a facebook page for it hoping that when folks get to "the end" they will drop us a note and let us know what they thought. If it goes well we may write another space freighter volume 2. We also are thinking about a short story collection of stories from my life as a Cajun outdoors guy time will tell but it's sure exciting now.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 536

Congrats Cappy...I'm looking to publish a book as well, so thanks for the heads up on smashword
Old 08-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Red Snapper

I wish ya all the luck in the world dude epub is the quickest way to start getting the word out and make a few bucks. Once some one gives ya a couple good reviews it really helps in getting picked up and on paper we havent decided if we wanna go that route or not but it is another option.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:11 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,557

Cappy, where did you get the idea for the plot of thr book? What made you go with a futuristic setting and care to give a little teaser about plot?

Congratulations!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I wish ya all the luck in the world dude epub is the quickest way to start getting the word out and make a few bucks. Once some one gives ya a couple good reviews it really helps in getting picked up and on paper we havent decided if we wanna go that route or not but it is another option.
Thanks Cappy...best wishes. God Bless
Old 08-09-2015, 12:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
Cappy, care to give a little teaser about plot?

Congratulations!

pulled from his link

A fun space travel adventure featuring the captain and crew of a deep-space armed interstellar merchandise trade vessel; a 'space freighter'. Come join us as we sail across the galaxy with Captain Loos and his merry crew aboard the armed interstellar merchandise trade vessel; Space Freighter, the Intrepid.
Come join us as we sail across the galaxy with Captain Loos and his merry crew aboard the armed interstellar merchandise trade vessel; Space Freighter, the Intrepid. Barely underway, they are 'surprised', which leads to an adventure involving space pirates, with mysteries and unexpected twists. Will you survive? Will anyone survive?
Old 08-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Red Snapper

AND if ya click the link you can down load the first 20% for free. the part that kinda sets the stage so to speak. As far as why..... Growing up in the 60's during NASA's hey day I was a huge sci fi fan I started writing the first version of this story when I was 16. Life happened and I quit writing it but many a long night driving the boat I would day dream about it. When I lost my job I found my self with a little money set aside and time on my hands so instead of going job hunting I went to work writing.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Red Snapper

I got an email this morning that really made my day our book is now for sale at Barnes and Noble that makes most of the ebook retailers. Now if some one would find it. We have sold a few copies but it is off to a slow start. The writers forum that I belong to says we are doing quite well, having sold 12 copies in 4 days as it slowly gets picked up by retailers. It's slow but we gonna take a week off and start another one.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/spac...=2940152082555
Old 08-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

My wife's a huge sci fi fan and I think she would like this.