SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

Quote:
why dont we ban guides
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Banned

maybe i'll start a thread on that, LMAO
Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

Quote:
maybe i'll start a thread on that, LMAO
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Banned

brings back memories of W's old threads on the sportsman, his solution was just to get all the idiots who can't fish off the water.

those made tony so proud
Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

yea lets regulate the hell out of big lake...but lets start with trout first...bring the limit down to 1 per person and anyone with a black boat is not allowed to fish at all.....sounds good huh? .......its funny to see someone that kills more fish out of that lake than the average person , even think of regulating someone else.

Last edited by Hebert; 02-24-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

No new laws needed. Blow all the weirs up and let the fishery return to the natural state.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
No new laws needed. Blow all the weirs up and let the fishery return to the natural state.
That would help the fisheries but hurt coastal erosion.
That has been a big debate for years. Which one do we want to keep up?
Coastal erosion won. Fish, shrimp and crabs lost.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
maybe they should pass a law that you can only spec fish for 60 days like duck season.......I guess he is trying to stir the post since the super bowl/Saints talk have stopped.....LOL.....
YOUR A FOOL

Quote:
I have only been fishing BL for 4 years and I have never seen or heard reports. The redfish slam at the weirs is not a year around event. In general, I think most fish it only because the trout fishing is slow at this time and the reds are stacked at the weirs at this time.
This statement Proves it........#1 Reds are caught year around at the weirs....Sometimes is better than others but you can catch reds Year around in any month! #2 Yes Trout do stack up at the weirs when the shrimp are moving in and out of the marsh......Trout don't hang around as long and when boats start piling up they usually shut down or move out....Trout is not a big deal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgsx750f2000 View Post
If you make this a law then what's next? You can't fish under the birds! No using corky's! No using live shrimp! No using lights at night! I mean the list could go on forever.

The corky one was just a joke. LOL

Its not a law......Im just suggestion to expand the 250foot to 1000foot.....not making a law of how many reds you can catch......

Quote:
funny thing is the person who srtarted this thread has not caught really any fish lately except for fishing the weirs....LOL....this post was just to Stir The Pot....
Yes I have caught reds and trout at the weirs....Never said I didn't.....I have also tagged over 150 and released in one week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
yea lets regulate the hell out of big lake...but lets start with trout first...bring the limit down to 1 per person and anyone with a black boat is not allowed to fish at all.....sounds good huh? .......its funny to see someone that kills more fish out of that lake than the average person , even think of regulating someone else.
Its not about killing fish.......Its about giving reds a chance to make it in and out the marsh........ Why shoot ducks coming out of a cage? Just shoot them in the field? Same thing here!

QUOTE=2ndamendment;118304]No new laws needed. Blow all the weirs up and let the fishery return to the natural state.[/QUOTE]

Thats a BIG 10-4......Before the weirs were installed the Lake was 100 times better!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

"Thats a BIG 10-4......Before the weirs were installed the Lake was 100 times better!!! "

Well which one is it??? You want them off limits or taken out all together? One severly contradicts the other.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
"Thats a BIG 10-4......Before the weirs were installed the Lake was 100 times better!!! "

Well which one is it??? You want them off limits or taken out all together? One severly contradicts the other.

I would love to see them taken out all together!!!! ........... then I could leave with the 250ft........ But when the water is restricted this just cause fish to stack up....... Move them out and all you have is a cut!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
brings back memories of W's old threads on the sportsman, his solution was just to get all the idiots who can't fish off the water.

those made tony so proud
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
I'm thinking for my generation bud, look at your fishing rulebook/phamplet. Now, you see all these rules and regs, yall keep wanting to add more rules, pretty soon, my "generation" isn't even going to be able to keep a darn fish!

Like i said,"don't fix it if it aint broken"

FOOL, you are what is wrong with this "generation" Get your head out of your A@$ and start thinking about the future. You know nothing about what goes into limits or regulations, I use to respect you, but you have quickly overstepped your shoe size and gotten into a way of thinking that puts you way down on the list of people on this site.

When you get home from school, look up the redfish population struggles in louisiana over the past few decades. Look at the sandhill cranes. Look at any resource that isnt monitored closely and look what happens when changes arent dynamic.

Let me know.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
your not going to fish the reds out by no means but a red fish only reproduces once its over 25inch...(I believe)....... I think we should give them a chance to make it to the marsh or lake!!.......Fish have to eat so if you chunk a dead shrimp at the door he will take it..........Its like shooting Ducks coming out of the pin......... You will kill more ducks sitting by the door waiting for them to fly out...............Then you will sitting in the blind in a open field.................. Just saying we should look into giving the fish a chance to get out!!!

W you are correct, redfish only reproduce after they are 3 years old (24-28 inches) They only do it offshore too. This is why they need to get out there
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Swordfish

and to clarify, i think the weirs are fine like they are. WE have terraces in that marsh, the only reason there is any land back there is because of those weirs.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice the finger to save the arm
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Swordfish

oh, and

/end rant lol
Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
FOOL, you are what is wrong with this "generation" Get your head out of your A@$ and start thinking about the future. You know nothing about what goes into limits or regulations, I use to respect you, but you have quickly overstepped your shoe size and gotten into a way of thinking that puts you way down on the list of people on this site.

When you get home from school, look up the redfish population struggles in louisiana over the past few decades. Look at the sandhill cranes. Look at any resource that isnt monitored closely and look what happens when changes arent dynamic.

Let me know.
Of all the people here, you would think that Fool would be as concerned with conservation, restoration and management as anyone. He loves the outdoors and has his entire life to enjoy it. Although he has a good head on his shoulders, he is thirteen years old and, like anyone his age, is influenced easily. I'll leave it at that.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Swordfish

I know exactly what and who you mean salty
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

i really am having a hard time understanding this......this time of the year i can go almost anywhere in the lake and limit out on reds. what is the difference between that and sitting at the weirs. the weirs are easy i will say that but if you go up the east bank anywhere you can catch a limit of reds with just a little more work. 5 fish is 5 fish. W you said reds on reproduce after 25" well you cant keep but one of those. they have to be 16" to keep them. at the weirs you may set there and catch rat reds for an hour one after another and throw them back. Is it just the fact that it is easy to catch fish that gets yall upset. with the limits they set i think that should protect the fish You are letting the small ones get big and the big ones that you can only keep one of reproduce.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

If you don't catch over your limit, you are doing nothing wrong.
There is nothing wrong with catching a limit.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It doesn't mean everyone else has to follow.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Also, just think is you could not fish the weirs, in turn, more boats fishing the lake. Next, some will be *****ing about that and saying why cannot people fish the weirs.....this would help reduce the # of people fishing the lake. If the LDWF thought fishing the weirs were an issue, it would not be allowed.