SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default Billystix 1st salty cajun rod build

HI FOLKS
THIS IS MY VERY FIRST SALTY CAJUN ROD BUILD SO FAR, LETS SEE IF THE OWNER WILL OWN UP TO IT
IT TURNED OUT VERY NICE I JUST COMPLETED IT A LITTLE BIT AGO, IT STILL NEEDS THE CUSTOMER'S NAME AND THE FINIAL FINISH APPLIED BUT IT IS BUILT, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT.
STIX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00280.jpg (103.5 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00282.jpg (100.8 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00281.jpg (98.0 KB, 133 views)
Old 06-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 512

ok ok , whos rod is it? thats really nice work. sorry that i just bought a new castaway or youd be makin me a stick. beautiful work
Old 06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
*****Cajun *******

WELL ONE THING FOR SURE IT'S GOT TO BELONG TO A LADY
GLAD YOU LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS, THE SPIRAL IS GOING TO BE A HARD ROD TO GET GOING IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY BUT AS SOON AS I GET A FEW BUILT AND IN THE HANDS OF THE GUYS AND GALS WANT BE NUTTIN BUT A THANG.
STIX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW CAMO RODS 6--02--09.jpg (97.4 KB, 119 views)
Old 06-17-2009, 09:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

bill do you make any offshore rods or just mostly inshore fresh water casting rods? im looking at something along the line of a stand up rod, roller guides, 6'10'', aluminum butt plate with gimbals,130 class. looking to get one for my father in law he has plenty rods but not one custom. thought about getting him one and started doing some research and really dont know who builds quality stuff. if you dont make that kind of rod could you recommend someone. i dont mind paying for quality also.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Flounder

Cash: 584

man that is some nice rods. what type handles,cork,split or solid?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned

I talked with Stix earlier, this guy knows his stuff and I could have stayed on the phone talking rods until my battery died...
Old 06-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316
Default billy

hey billy is that my wifes rod ? if it is i showed her and she is stoked!!! i put the check in the mail today.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:03 AM
*****Cajun *******

hi mike
yes it is your wifes, youy ask me to build a her a spiral, now you e mail me and change it to a spin whats up with that , lets make our minds up i cant afford to be building rods and not having a home for said rod
stix
Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 AM
*****Cajun *******

Default off shore rods

flounder smacker
yes i do build custom off shore rods , i currently am building 2 8ft tarpon rods for the bocagrand pass tourney that cost the angler $1500 so yes i can use top of the line componments i also just completed a 7 ft grouper and snapper rod for a man in destin now i will be starting a light weight snapper spiral for a man who fishes the jax coast my point being give me a call only build when people call me this is the only way you will ever get a billystix custom rod, is for you to call me.
want a off shore rod with leather fore grips stix is the man. the only thing i dont do is slit grips because it is just not a good rod build, i can do a much better job if you allow me to do the rod building and you do the fishing.
stix
Old 06-18-2009, 02:29 AM
*****Cajun *******

Default talking rods

thanks laangler
the only way to become good at something is to put your heart into what you do, it,s like my job i am a meat cutter have been cutting for 54 years the youg guys cant touch me it's like my knif is part of me when it's in my hand because i have a passion for what i do.
now rod building i cant build rods if i dont know what makes them tick , so i must study my craft and apply my knowledge to every aspect of what i do, i have some new and very smart ideas on roid building especially when it comes to the guides and the placement of said guides i have learned tricks by trial and error's and now i can pass on those things to my customers to build top of the line rods be it inshore or off shore.
and you must remember that if you want answers you must call me this is one of my personal rules """personal comitment""" to my customer and i want build any other way.
thanks guy.
stix
Old 06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by billystix custom rods View Post
hi mike
yes it is your wifes, youy ask me to build a her a spiral, now you e mail me and change it to a spin whats up with that , lets make our minds up i cant afford to be building rods and not having a home for said rod
stix
sorry about the confusion im happy you built her a casting rod now she HAS to learn to use a baitcaster!! i dont know which is better catching fish on topwater or watching my wife slang a topwater with a baitcaster. thanks again billy