SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 652
FlagUS YOUr a SUcka if you A CRokEr soker..

BAN LIVE BAIT FROM TROUT TOURNYS... THIS IS BS sorry it just burns me..
Old 06-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Elite View Post
BAN LIVE BAIT FROM TROUT TOURNYS... THIS IS BS sorry it just burns me..

BAN LIVE?

Ban live and Dead. you know they go post up on the edge of the ship channel with em and pull some 8 lber out.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Redfish

Cash: 648
Default I could not agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!

The trout killing would not be near what it is if live bait is banned. The true trophy trout fisherman that fishes lures will have the respect for the big fish to try and keep it alive. The majority of the big trout caught this time of year are caught and killed by the people fishing live bait. The tournaments should either have two different divisions or ban live bait. The spectacular tournament banned wade fishing but allowed live bait. This is crazy, a tournament should be about skill and ability not who can throw an anchor and let a croaker swim around their boat. It takes a skilled angler to catch fish on lures, weather wading or in a boat. Anyone can throw an anchor hook and a croaker and sit back with their fingers crossed. You want to see fewer anglers on the lake, ban live bait and see how many people will get out there this time of year and grind it out. I would like to see the results for the tournament today listing what each fish was caught on. I bet it would be pretty interesting.

Bruce, hell of a fish and thanks for representing true anglers well!!!

SAVE THE CROAKERS; THROW A LURE
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I agree 100%.....Live bait should not be allowed in any tournament ...Even STAR.....Winners should have some kind of skills not soaking a Croaker on bottom!!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Redfish

Cash: 645

I second that...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Redfish

Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosska View Post
The trout killing would not be near what it is if live bait is banned. The true trophy trout fisherman that fishes lures will have the respect for the big fish to try and keep it alive. The majority of the big trout caught this time of year are caught and killed by the people fishing live bait. The tournaments should either have two different divisions or ban live bait. The spectacular tournament banned wade fishing but allowed live bait. This is crazy, a tournament should be about skill and ability not who can throw an anchor and let a croaker swim around their boat. It takes a skilled angler to catch fish on lures, weather wading or in a boat. Anyone can throw an anchor hook and a croaker and sit back with their fingers crossed. You want to see fewer anglers on the lake, ban live bait and see how many people will get out there this time of year and grind it out. I would like to see the results for the tournament today listing what each fish was caught on. I bet it would be pretty interesting.

Bruce, hell of a fish and thanks for representing true anglers well!!!

SAVE THE CROAKERS; THROW A LURE
You cant wade. but live bait is ok.. dosent make any sence.. Maybe when gas prices go up we'll get more oil tankers in the ship channel and run these JIMS off.. there better b a rule against live bait on the 4th or this trophy trout angler will not b attending.. Lucky for yall!!! lol

Last edited by Cajun Elite; 06-20-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

WE DONT ROLL LIVE BAIT.....NOT FOR MONEY....Their is NO SKILL in Soaking a Croaker on bottom.....Im No trophy trout king but I can say that I have never soaked a croaker or shrimp ........All my fish come off artifical
Old 06-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Redfish

Thats what i like about u W.. keep it artifical... You feel alot better about yourself.. And for all you live shrimp fisherman, may the hardheads be plentiful... hahahah...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
All your fish come off the tit.
YEP and Strait in to the Grease.....
Old 06-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Redfish

Cash: 695

I fish artificials...however when my son is with me (8) he throws live shrimp. I agree as far as banning organic bait for tournament.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt wahl View Post
I fish artificials...however when my son is with me (8) he throws live shrimp. I agree as far as banning organic bait for tournament.
I have nothing against someone fishing live bait.....I was taught by my dad to use plastic only.....We never use live so there is no need for me to now.....I just dont think it should be used in tournaments......

The best fisherman never bet Croaker soakers......Thats just fact.....

Last two Tournaments Croaker Soaking won...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 648

One thing that pissed me off a little more about the whole topic is the book Trout Masters. The book only has 3 good chapters and they happen to be on big lake anglers. I did enjoy reading these chapters but the rest of the book is dedicated to *%^#ing croaker soakers. To label these people as Trout Masters is a insult to the true angles of the book. I am gald this thread got started because I have been needing to vent on this topic for a while.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
The book is sittin' on my desk right now. Took all of 30 minutes for me to read it. Except for chapters 3 and 6......the book is a joke.
Its got some nice pics..lmao
Old 06-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

Let me see if I got this right....You enter a tournament, knowing the rules....you decide to fish with artificals....you constantly get beat by folks who decide to fish differently than you....so, as a result, you belittle the winners and want all future tournament rules to be changed to conform to your method of fishing so that you'll have a better chance to win....!! Almost sounds like Obama's policies to redistribute the wealth.......Ain't this a Great Country!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 600

Bunch of crybabies. If you are really in it "for the trout" then ban tournaments. You guys are in stage 3 which is still a rookie. When you get to stage 4 there won't be stupid threads like this.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 600

Sounds like a bunch of elitists to me. If you don't like the tourney rules don't fish it. If it is legal why complain? Work to change the rules.
Whats even more hypocritical is ya'll get off on posting pictures of all the juvenile trout you catch, bragging on your bag limits and then you get your panties in a wad when someone uses live bait to catch a couple of big trout.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Sounds like a bunch of elitists to me. If you don't like the tourney rules don't fish it. If it is legal why complain? Work to change the rules.
Whats even more hypocritical is ya'll get off on posting pictures of all the juvenile trout you catch, bragging on your bag limits and then you get your panties in a wad when someone uses live bait to catch a couple of big trout.
Thats not the FACT....We all love to fish Tournaments and love the challenge!! Who cares about bagging limits....I do that with plastic all the time...I dont compare my limit to a guy using shrimp!! When having a tournament its about the best winning....NOT HERE!!! Best have won but not when they should....YOu take the Shootout.....433 guys ...Our boat had 8th and 26th place trout...now if it was artifical only....Im sure we would of been 2nd and 8th....
Old 06-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

Fortunately, the best will not always win,,sometimes luck will prevail over skill...and personally, I'd much rather listen to someone boast over how "lucky" he was, as opposed to how "good he is"...!!! I tend to agree with Salty,,,I haven't fished any tournaments,except STAR, for years because I don't agree with some of the rules....this is my personal decision, and I certainly wouldn't condemn the eventual winners because I chose not to participate..!! No more than you should downgrade their "win" because of their method of fishing ...
Old 06-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Thats not the FACT....We all love to fish Tournaments and love the challenge!! Who cares about bagging limits....I do that with plastic all the time...I dont compare my limit to a guy using shrimp!! When having a tournament its about the best winning....NOT HERE!!! Best have won but not when they should....YOu take the Shootout.....433 guys ...Our boat had 8th and 26th place trout...now if it was artifical only....Im sure we would of been 2nd and 8th....
and fool would have prolly got 10th...

you all know that kids in the shootout 90% soaked live or dead bait. What did fool do????? he soaked plastics
Old 06-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Redfish

HEY W,,,, you got any of those white and red's....