SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334
Rolleyes Is this you???

Not hard to figure out where I was fishing from the pic but how dumb can this guy be?? After I had an epileptic fit on the front of the boat he slowed down from 3/4 throttle to idle speed through my drift. Bull horn will be ordered this week so they can atleast understand what I am saying to them when they do this . Wish he would have been a little closer, wifey was Hot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (37.0 KB, 607 views)

Last edited by SULPHITE; 06-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

seeing alot more of this lately. I'm not sure how to fix the problem or if there even is a fix. I think most people today just have no clue. It used to not be this bad 10-15 yrs ago. People knew how to act and for the most part were respectful on the water.

But I do think you need to give them a good slap on the hand type talking to or this vicious cycle will continue to get worse. None of this name calling and flipping people off business....just my 2 cents/
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
seeing alot more of this lately. I'm not sure how to fix the problem or if there even is a fix. I think most people today just have no clue. It used to not be this bad 10-15 yrs ago. People knew how to act and for the most part were respectful on the water.

But I do think you need to give them a good slap on the hand type talking to or this vicious cycle will continue to get worse. None of this name calling and flipping people off business....just my 2 cents/
Agreed
Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Had two boats do the same thing to me yesterday on the east bank. I was 100 yards off the bank. Thought I was close enough for someone not to screw me and here he they come from the wiers. Not one but two boat load of idiots within 50 yards between me and the bank oblivious to what they were doing. I thought about chunking my spook at him, but just yelled and cussed. This is getting to be expected on the weekends. I will stay away from wier traffic from now on.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 525

On a scale of 1-10 (1=Rosie O'donnel, 10=Perfection) how hot was she?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Barty View Post
On a scale of 1-10 (1=Rosie O'donnel, 10=Perfection) how hot was she?
hey man...whats the status??
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Here is a pic of what happened to me yesterday. I was the very last boat that was driftin through turners. There was no one behind , but instead of going around they cut me off. I'm pretty sure she was a woman and she was by herself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drift boat.jpg (31.6 KB, 540 views)
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

One thing I can say is with the amount of boats that are out on the lake, someone is bound to get cut off, especially turners. There just isnt anywhere to go sometimes. But still there are people that can avoid situations but choose not too.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Why why why...do people have to run between you and the bank...why .....are people that stupid not to go around in the lake??? I go some good pics from Sat..idiots idiots and then they wave...that just makes it worst .
Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
One thing I can say is with the amount of boats that are out on the lake, someone is bound to get cut off, especially turners. There just isnt anywhere to go sometimes. But still there are people that can avoid situations but choose not too.
thats is the truth...and its a situation of not knowing which way you are drifting.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Neither of those boats look like fishing rigs. I bet the owners of both don't have a clue as to what a drift is or how to read the other boats around them to see where
not to run.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Quote:
Originally Posted by "w" View Post
why why why...do people have to run between you and the bank...why .....are people that stupid not to go around in the lake??? I go some good pics from sat..idiots idiots and then they wave...that just makes it worst .
x18,000,000
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Yeh Friday morning I was on east bank catching pretty steady on topwater. I hear a guide boat yell, "here they come." Look up and here comes 2 little Jon boats with 30-40hp tiller WOT between us and the bank.

Sunday morning I saw a group of birds working. Eased up on them, as soon as I dropped my trolling motor there were 4 boats heading straight for me. That's y I dont mess with birds......on the weekends.

Last edited by specktator; 06-13-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I was cut off by 3 T-Tops and a party barge
Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I was cut off by 3 T-Tops and a party barge
Redneck yacht club!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post

What do you think of having a "Saltycajun Learning Day". Print up a flyer with some simple "rules" and have a couple of people at the boat launches handing them out and talking with each boat owner before they launch their boat.

Not sure if it would help.....but it might!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
What do you think of having a "Saltycajun Learning Day". Print up a flyer with some simple "rules" and have a couple of people at the boat launches handing them out and talking with each boat owner before they launch their boat.

Not sure if it would help.....but it might!
For some it would help ,for others more litter.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Neither of those boats look like fishing rigs. I bet the owners of both don't have a clue as to what a drift is or how to read the other boats around them to see where
not to run.

Bingo Eman..........drifts are at times hard to read. Most people may see the trolling motor down and surmise the boat is fishing a general area. And yes, there are all sorts of individually experienced situations. Just how big is that area? If a boat is two hundred yards off the bank, with the trolling motor down and drifting, which way is the boat intending to go? And how much area does a passing boat need to yield for a drift? The issue of passing boats disturbing a drift will not be resolved anytime soon or never. The individual's required allotment for drift space/distance/tolerance varies. The fact is their are those who do and those who don't have a fore thought process, as to how their actions will affect others.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Bingo Eman..........drifts are at times hard to read. Most people may see the trolling motor down and surmise the boat is fishing a general area. And yes, there are all sorts of individually experienced situations. Just how big is that area? If a boat is two hundred yards off the bank, with the trolling motor down and drifting, which way is the boat intending to go? And how much area does a passing boat need to yield for a drift? The issue of passing boats disturbing a drift will not be resolved anytime soon or never. The individual's required allotment for drift space/distance/tolerance varies. The fact is their are those who do and those who don't have a fore thought process, as to how their actions will affect others.
What he said!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post

The drift is obvious! Upwind to downwind. In my case, 3,000 acres of water without a boat in it and some idiot is gonna drive straight at me from downwind to upwind?????? You have to be retarded!