SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-18-2020, 01:05 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182
Default Crabbing at West Cove - SNR

I went to Sabine refuge, West Cove boat launch back on May 8. The wind was forecast to be 5-10 mph, but felt somewhat higher.

I made the short run to West Cove and was greeted to 1 to 1.5 foot waves and the winds were more like 10 to 14 mph from the NE. In my small boat those waves were more than I wanted to fish in so I turned around and put the boat back on the trailer. Maybe I could catch something up in the Prien lake area. The water in the Prien lake area was fairly dirty and I only got one bite in over an hour fishing.

When driving south on Hwy 27, all the refuge spots for crabbing or launching a boat were still closed so the trash in those areas could be cleaned, except the West Cove area was open. I talked to one person crabbing and they said it was slow and small crabs.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

US FWS had to shut the recreation area down for cleanup. On May 5th they picked up over 1400 gallons of trash at West Cove launch and 2 weeks later they had to shut it down for cleanup again. I just got a release that over the weekend they wrote a crapload of tickets for litter, limit and gear violations and general stupidity. I'm glad to hear that they are patrolling and enforcing. I wish they would patrol and enforce the 250 foot zone around the GB weirs.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchaserron View Post
US FWS had to shut the recreation area down for cleanup. On May 5th they picked up over 1400 gallons of trash at West Cove launch and 2 weeks later they had to shut it down for cleanup again. I just got a release that over the weekend they wrote a crapload of tickets for litter, limit and gear violations and general stupidity. I'm glad to hear that they are patrolling and enforcing. I wish they would patrol and enforce the 250 foot zone around the GB weirs.
I wonder what the fine is now for fishing within 250 feet of the Grand Bayou weir. Back 10 + years ago the fine was $ 225 per person in the boat.

This is pic of the West Cove boat launch area back on May 8 at about 6:30 AM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1037.jpg (104.0 KB, 165 views)
Old 05-19-2020, 08:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

I was at the nature trail launch on May 3rd and was disgusted at what I saw. I told the wife they will likely shut it down and sure enough they did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk