SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
There was a lot more months. I just posted a few to show they aren't the only ones with a " special " month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never hear about the rest of the months, february is the only one that "advertises"

Last edited by fishfighter; 02-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

They have theeir own month, own television network, and their own version of countless magazines. Their self promotion is really kind of ridiculous. If you look at the statistical degradation of the black culture they really should be ashamed instead of overly pridefull. I just dont understand their mind set. When I see white trash they are exactly that. Im not thinking oh they're white and should be proud. Im thinking thats some sorry azz white trash.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 609

Agree 100% duckman1911. I read all the post, understand and respect everyone's opinion. Diversity seems to be the issue. America is going down the toilet fast because of too much diversity. I'm all for legal immigration. Most folks entering this Country legally embrace American values and the language. I don't want to be in the middle of the lake with engine trouble, have to shoot a flare and hear a lot of unintelligible babbling in a foreign language. I don't want my traffic signs in any other language except English. I don't want to be asked what language I prefer when I have to fill out a government form. Not to get long, ask Europe about their diversity experiment. I'm 60, 4 years a Marine. Youngest of my 3 kids is 32 and all are happy and doing great with their lives so the wife and I did something right I guess. Who was this black politician or entertainer last week that made the National news with the statement that the only way we'll progress is when all the old white people die off. I'm a heartbroken old white that has no issues with sharing our American heritage, but......
Old 02-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
They have theeir own month, own television network, and their own version of countless magazines. Their self promotion is really kind of ridiculous. If you look at the statistical degradation of the black culture they really should be ashamed instead of overly pridefull. I just dont understand their mind set. When I see white trash they are exactly that. Im not thinking oh they're white and should be proud. Im thinking thats some sorry azz white trash.
Lol, Duck there not all ghetto-licious, drug crazed, rump shakers. The black community has it's ups and downs same as any other community. But there are certainly a good percentage of them who can and should be proud of the things that they have achieved.

Some of things that are important in white society are not so important in black society. Same goes vice versa. Who's right? you are, i am, they are, everyone is. Only you can decide how to live your life and what is important to you. As soon as someone starts telling you how you must think... that's when its time to pack up your shizz and hit the road.

On a side note, and perhaps something that helps us to understand where black society comes from.... have a look at the movie "the butler"

Great movie, and does a reasonably good job of explaining a black persons life. I didn't particulary care for the way the movie became political at the very end.. but the rest of it was good film.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemacpaul View Post
Agree 100% duckman1911. I read all the post, understand and respect everyone's opinion. Diversity seems to be the issue. America is going down the toilet fast because of too much diversity. I'm all for legal immigration. Most folks entering this Country legally embrace American values and the language. I don't want to be in the middle of the lake with engine trouble, have to shoot a flare and hear a lot of unintelligible babbling in a foreign language. I don't want my traffic signs in any other language except English. I don't want to be asked what language I prefer when I have to fill out a government form. Not to get long, ask Europe about their diversity experiment. I'm 60, 4 years a Marine. Youngest of my 3 kids is 32 and all are happy and doing great with their lives so the wife and I did something right I guess. Who was this black politician or entertainer last week that made the National news with the statement that the only way we'll progress is when all the old white people die off. I'm a heartbroken old white that has no issues with sharing our American heritage, but......
Respectfully those are fear's of what "could" be. Your presuming that we will have traffic signs in a different language with no signs in english. your presuming that the person responding to your distress call will only be able to speak spanish...etc. and even though the person that saves you probably can speak english well.... even if they cant;

the Truth is i bet many a creole / cajun who spoke only patois has saved some skinny redneck's butt in the swamp.

We can't look to the future in fear of what could be the worst things that happen. We must look to the future for the promise that it can bring, yet prepare for any problems that may cause as well.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
We never hear about the rest of the months, february is the only one that "advertises"

Yes. As it should be. Native American month should get way more pub but black history month and NA month should be advertised like it is otherwise dumb people will forget how terrible the human race can act.

The holocaust is hardly brought up and it has bread a whole section of holocaust deniers that think it never happened ( or think it wasnt so bad ) If you don't remind people revisionist history will become historical fact. Take it out of schools and it 50 years it will be " slavery wasn't that bad "

Just because other months don't get the pub people should be mad about that not hate on the one that does get attention.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Sand Trout

Default You betcha

Quote:
They skipped a few months. Im sure it would be easy to find some groups of people that want to feel like they're special for a month. Hell im surprised there isnt a month for Black Gay/Lesbian pride. I guess they could have April because it seems to be vacant.
Haha. I'm a betting man. You name the stakes. I guarantee that before oboob gets out of office, America will have an official Gay/Lesbian pride month. Not necessarily Black though. We'll have to wait for the next UnAmerican liberal democrat president to cram that down our throats, haha.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Lol, Duck there not all ghetto-licious, drug crazed, rump shakers. The black community has it's ups and downs same as any other community. But there are certainly a good percentage of them who can and should be proud of the things that they have achieved.

Some of things that are important in white society are not so important in black society. Same goes vice versa. Who's right? you are, i am, they are, everyone is. Only you can decide how to live your life and what is important to you. As soon as someone starts telling you how you must think... that's when its time to pack up your shizz and hit the road.

On a side note, and perhaps something that helps us to understand where black society comes from.... have a look at the movie "the butler"

Great movie, and does a reasonably good job of explaining a black persons life. I didn't particulary care for the way the movie became political at the very end.. but the rest of it was good film.
I certainly agree Ace. There are many black people that have reason to be very proud of themselves. What gets me is people that are proud of how they are born. We have no control over that. Thats like being proud that you exist on planet earth. How can anyone justify being proud because they were born a certain color? Being honest, hard working, caring, etc are things to be proud of no matter your color. Being born a certain way is nothing to be pridefull over. How you live your life is how you should judge your pride.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Ling

Quote:

The fact that a lot of black Americans ( I also think " African American" Is a silly term ) seem to really embrace the stereotypes is a issue but that is off topic a bit. That's mainly poverty that influences it.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Yes. As it should be. Native American month should get way more pub but black history month and NA month should be advertised like it is otherwise dumb people will forget how terrible the human race can act.

The holocaust is hardly brought up and it has bread a whole section of holocaust deniers that think it never happened ( or think it wasnt so bad ) If you don't remind people revisionist history will become historical fact. Take it out of schools and it 50 years it will be " slavery wasn't that bad "

Just because other months don't get the pub people should be mad about that not hate on the one that does get attention.

America certainly has a long history of repression. What happened to native american's and to blacks in our history is reprehensible. I hope that we are not preparing to repeat history with "the poor" being on the receiving end of things.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Ling

Quote:
Haha. I'm a betting man. You name the stakes. I guarantee that before oboob gets out of office, America will have an official Gay/Lesbian pride month. Not necessarily Black though. We'll have to wait for the next UnAmerican liberal democrat president to cram that down our throats, haha.

June

Old 02-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Ling

1994 for gay pride month.

LGBT month if you wanna be official

Old 02-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Sand Trout

Quote:

Hi ace. Pull your pants up past your knees, that's prison lingo and only your fellow ex-cons have any interest in obliging you in public. Turn your hat around so the bill is facing forward as it was designed to do to keep the sun out of your eyes. Turn the blaring noise down which sure as hell has no resemblance to music. I'm not telling them how to live their lives, common sense and respect for yourself showing some intelligence instead of fashion and ego? My shizz ain't going anywhere. Sorry if I misunderstood your intent in the post. I have no intentions to watch "the butler" as I don't want to hear all the excuses they cry about. I'm just guessing......"the butler" could have been another Allen West or any of millions of other black people that have made a great life for themselves in our today's America without all the moaning and crying. But that's just me.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
The fact that a lot of black Americans ( I also think " African American" Is a silly term ) seem to really embrace the stereotypes is a issue but that is off topic a bit. That's mainly poverty that influences it.

Off topic? Hell Clampy you know nothing stays on topic after the second page.
Thats part of the fun.lol. Its like throwing a feather into the wind and seeing where it goes.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Hi ace. Pull your pants up past your knees, that's prison lingo and only your fellow ex-cons have any interest in obliging you in public. Turn your hat around so the bill is facing forward as it was designed to do to keep the sun out of your eyes. Turn the blaring noise down which sure as hell has no resemblance to music. I'm not telling them how to live their lives, common sense and respect for yourself showing some intelligence instead of fashion and ego? My shizz ain't going anywhere. Sorry if I misunderstood your intent in the post. I have no intentions to watch "the butler" as I don't want to hear all the excuses they cry about. I'm just guessing......"the butler" could have been another Allen West or any of millions of other black people that have made a great life for themselves in our today's America without all the moaning and crying. But that's just me.
so just to clarify what your saying, there are no black people who are worth anything? They are all worthless money grubbing ex cons who wear their hats backwards, keep there pants around there knees, and play gangster rap to loudly?

Please read my statement again, and this time actually read it.... I am not making apologies for people of any color who choose to live like hoodlums. I am simply stating that there have been, are now, and will continue to be some damn fine folks who happen to have colored skin.

If in point of fact you are saying that any person of color is worthless, then i would suggest you go take a long walk off a short cliff.

If however your suggesting that a thug can be a thug regardless of their skin color... carry on.

By the way "the butler" is not a movie about someone finding an excuse to act a fool. It happens to be a movie about a man who played the best game he could, regardless of life dealing him a very ****ty hand.

That's a lesson we can all take to heart. Regardless of the color of our skin.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Off topic? Hell Clampy you know nothing stays on topic after the second page.
Thats part of the fun.lol. Its like throwing a feather into the wind and seeing where it goes.
lol.. dont get all forrest gump on us now!!! (feather in the wind reference)
Old 02-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

If it were my son, I would challenge him to make the decision after he has studied a true history of our country (I.e. Diversity has been our backbone and strongpoint since day one). And challenge him to identify if his decision is based more on feeling like a bad a$$ for standing up, or if it's based on a true need to snuff out any patriotic words being said in a foreign language.

What better way to help someone from another country speak better English then to be able to teach them the meaning of our pledge - he may run across it later in life, and will ultimately let an opportunity slip by to actually make a difference by empowering a newcomer to this country - will he let him walk off and continue with his crappy English? Or will your son be equipped with the power and knowledge to extend his hand?

When I meet people who suck at speaking English, I help them... If you identify the problem and build a wall, you've helped it fester instead of helping to eliminate it (be the solution...)

That being said, I won't judge your boy no matter what path he chooses.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

I thought this was a thread about saying the Pledge in another language.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by southLA View Post
Yeah this tends to happen a lot around here....
Old 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633

Quote:
Originally Posted by southLA View Post
Quote:
Yeah this tends to happen a lot around here....

We all havin some office fisherman a d d cause we havent been fishing