SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

A400 is actually .7 pounds heavier than my gun. And that's 3/10s from being a whole pound heavier.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

I dont know about yall but nothing is cool about throwing your gun in the mud and picking it up and hunting the rest of year without cleaning it.... that is pretty dumb.. I agree, i dont clean my gun but 1-2 times a year but that doesnt mean i dont WHIPE it down after every hunt. ANY gun only works as good as you take care of it, IMO..

I been shooting A400 for two years and its a damn good gun, as is the SBE2.. I just dont like the way the beretta points compared to the SBE2, thats why i will be purchasing a new SBE2 very shortly..

but to sit here and say both guns are crap and blah blah blah, is a bit ridiculous..
Old 08-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Nothing feels as good as a Benelli auto. No matter which one you buy. Beretta is a fine gun as well. Just not what I like. Just like Ford, GM, Dodge. Everyone has their personal preference. I have friends who shoot Browning Maxus and A400s. Neither have had problems with them and they really like both.

And yes, you can easily tell difference in weight between A400 and Super Vinci.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

And I got a friend that has an extrema 2 that he didn't clean for 3 years and he flippin hunts 3 days a week an the thing was still rust free and working like a champ.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
A400 is actually .7 pounds heavier than my gun. And that's 3/10s from being a whole pound heavier.
Well comparing 28" to 28" was the numbers I saw on their pages.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
If you think a Benelli kicks too hard, you need to find a new hobby cause you are a POO NANNY!
That's what I was thinking... I've shot the Extrema, Extrema2, M2 Super, SBE, and SBE2 and there isn't a noticeable difference in kick among any of them. None of them kicks at all compared to my old Winchester from back in the day... These guns are powder puffs.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Benelli or bust......
Old 08-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Well comparing 28" to 28" was the numbers I saw on their pages.
I have a 28"
Old 08-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Ling

Now seriously. I'm out of this convo this time. I've said all I've got to say on the subject. Good luck with your upcoming purchase. I hope your happy with whatever one you choose cuz in the end that's what matters
Old 08-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Because I can. I want to hunt and not be cleaning a gun 3-4 times a season. It's enough work as is without having to come home and clean a gun too
So on avg how days do you hunt between teal and duck season?
Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
6, Saturday and Sunday of all 3 openers
Old 08-05-2013, 05:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

I can't believe this still happens.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 984

Anyone has tried the new Browning A5 "Humpback"? Seems as though they are using inertia driven bolt.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
All of the days between seasons. My mad hunting skills are only surpassed by my mad fishing skills!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
Anyone has tried the new Browning A5 "Humpback"? Seems as though they are using inertia driven bolt.
It is inertia operated. Held one a few months ago but I don't know anyone with one yet. They have a 100,000 round/5 year warranty so they must be pretty confident in them. Very sweet looking gun. Always loved the A5s.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
I dont know about yall but nothing is cool about throwing your gun in the mud and picking it up and hunting the rest of year without cleaning it.... that is pretty dumb.. I agree, i dont clean my gun but 1-2 times a year but that doesnt mean i dont WHIPE it down after every hunt. ANY gun only works as good as you take care of it, IMO..

I been shooting A400 for two years and its a damn good gun, as is the SBE2.. I just dont like the way the beretta points compared to the SBE2, thats why i will be purchasing a new SBE2 very shortly..

but to sit here and say both guns are crap and blah blah blah, is a bit ridiculous..
Yep
Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
I can't believe this still happens.
To "prefer" or "have had no complaints" about a brand is one thing, but to flat out call Benelli junk is ridiculous. Especially when its the same company. I guess GMC's are junk, gotta buy a Chevy or they don't make Tohatsu's with the same quality as them Nissan's.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
To "prefer" or "have had no complaints" about a brand is one thing, but to flat out call Benelli junk is ridiculous. Especially when its the same company. I guess GMC's are junk, gotta buy a Chevy or they don't make Tohatsu's with the same quality as them Nissan's.
Even further, the beretta was not even mentioned. The OP specifically asked for feedback on a browning and benelli.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
My gun goes completely under prolly on avg 3 times a year. It's .3-.6 pounds heavier than the other guns in competition. It cycles faster not that it's an issue in hunting. And as far as how they make it cheaper, that's irrelevant to me. It's just better. Only thing you can say that's better than the beretta is a fraction of a pound in weight and ergonomically feels better, but that will vary from shooter to shooter soo that's not a solid standpoint really
Man if your dropping your gun in the water 3 times a year, I think you may be doing something wrong!
Between 10 different guys that Hunt with me we haven't submerged our guns 3 times in the last 15 yrs.
Oh, and were not hunting pit blinds in rice fields, it's cane patches and mud flats in Venice! Just as tough as the wax.

Between my father and I we have an assortment of diff. Shot guns in the last 30 yrs A5's, Golds, super black eagle 1,2's& 2 vinci's, and 2 berettas!
The only ones that continuously make there way back into the marsh is the benelli's! They just work!
I've had issues with every gun mentioned , but the least are the benelli's!
I'd put money that every gun mentioned above would make it through a weekend of hunting after being submerged , but to knowingly neglect a 1,000-2,000 dollar shotgun after being submerged in saltwater marsh is just plain ignorant!
I really believe its cases like this that make it hard for a honest sportsman to get warranty work done on a firearm for manufactured defects!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,393

Own the new A 5 three inch model I purchased before hunting season last year, shot it through out the season with no hiccups. My dad always hunted with the old A 5 so bought it for that reason, knowing that only the looks are the same and that's bought it. Love the gun, the auto load feature is pretty nice only complaint is that it does have quite a bit of felt recoil, compared to my beretta, but that's another argument lol.... It is quite a bit cheaper priced then benelli and beretta. Hope this helps. Just my .02 ...