SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
longsidelandry's Avatar
longsidelandry longsidelandry is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Delcambre, LA
Posts: 6,749
Cash: 808
Default

Hit up some Subway for lunch, I got the buffalo chicken w/ light ranch dressing and loaded it down with veggies to fill me up. I been drinking water like crazy to help keep me full since I have zero "snacks" at my desk and so I don't go to the vending machine.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I know about the Diet Coke thing. I was just being goofy. LOL
Yeah I figured that but I forgot to put the lol after my statement. Sorry about that, it may have come across as condescending.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Hit up some Subway for lunch, I got the buffalo chicken w/ light ranch dressing and loaded it down with veggies to fill me up. I been drinking water like crazy to help keep me full since I have zero "snacks" at my desk and so I don't go to the vending machine.
I too have been drinking a lot of water. It does help for a while but eventually your stomach is like feed me now! I figure it helps me with exercise too all those trips to the bathroom.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
SULPHITE's Avatar
SULPHITE SULPHITE is offline
Entering A World of Pain
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur
Posts: 10,287
Cash: 9,027
Default

Quote:
I was fishing and stopped at Cormie's to wash the boat. Everything they had there was fried and I didn't want to drive home and make a samich. I was bad. I will be better.
Tomorrow, baked or grilled fish for lunch.
Ray majority of the time the have a turkey sandwhich on wheat bread in the cooler with all the sandwhiches!!!!! Thats the ticket...got fresh tomatoes and lettuce on it as well!!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: House
Posts: 10,432
Cash: 1,117
Default

http://www.cajunpowersauce.com/produ...UmC3Oozw%3D%3D

I get it at Market Basket on Nelson Rd. in Lake Charles. The only place I have found it so far.

Amount per serving:
Calories: 10
Calories from fat: 0g
Sugars: 2g
Sodium: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
Protein: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg

Sweetened only with fruit!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: House
Posts: 10,432
Cash: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Ray majority of the time the have a turkey sandwhich on wheat bread in the cooler with all the sandwhiches!!!!! Thats the ticket...got fresh tomatoes and lettuce on it as well!!!
My problem, I don't like vegetables, like Lettuce and Maters.
I usually bring a couple sandwiches with me, no mayo, just mustard,
but I brought a couple of satsuma's instead. I ate them in the boat
but it wasn't enough. Tomorrow, I will bring a dozen or so. I love
fruit. I bought a sack of satsuma's on the way home from work just
South of Belle Chase. My supply got wiped out for Hurricane Rita.
My dad had a bunch of trees in Cameron.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-12-2009, 04:59 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

75 sit ups on the ab lounge last night.


ran about a 1/2 mile today aswell.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
75 sit ups on the ab lounge last night.


ran about a 1/2 mile today aswell.
I have said it before I will say it again. You da man FOOL!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

Just got back from a 2 mile walk with the dog. Going to eat my oatmeal for supper and weigh it up tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 View Post
I have said it before I will say it again. You da man FOOL!


just polished off 50 sit ups for tonight...I guess i'm welcome here..i'm more so for a goal of exercising...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Red Devil's Avatar
Red Devil Red Devil is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jennings,LA
Posts: 3,875
Cash: 1,291
Default

Not one diet coke today. That's a milestone for me, I drink em like water.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
just polished off 50 sit ups for tonight...I guess i'm welcome here..i'm more so for a goal of exercising...
you know you are welcome here! if nothing else you will make all of us big dudes want to be smaller like you.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,033
Cash: 456
Default weight loss

I'm not as heavy as some but bigger than some others.
Was 6'1" @265 - 270 lbs. still 6'1" But have dropped to 245lbs.
thought i was getting good excercise at work. i am an electrician so i am on my feet walking and climbing ladders 8 hrs + a day.
My doc asked me how long i have been doing costruction work ?
my answer was , At least 30 yrs.
He informed me that i really wasn't getting any excercise at all???
After doing anything for an extended time your body gets used to it so it's no longer exercise.
My weight loss has been from getting sober. (55 days)
Was consuming mass quantities of jim or jack every night.
Lost 20 - 25 lbs in less than 2 months.
Now if i could make myself eat healthy i could probably drop another 25.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 PM
fishinpox's Avatar
fishinpox fishinpox is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: baton rouge
Posts: 8,470
Cash: 5,216
Default

all right im not to motavated so its gonna be smal step with me and yall keep pushin me i need it im a lazy sob!!!. so im gonna give up soft drinks and only drink water, and if im gonna eat fast food it will be like subway or mcd's grilled snack wraps no fries or fried ****!!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
longsidelandry's Avatar
longsidelandry longsidelandry is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Delcambre, LA
Posts: 6,749
Cash: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
all right im not to motavated so its gonna be smal step with me and yall keep pushin me i need it im a lazy sob!!!. so im gonna give up soft drinks and only drink water, and if im gonna eat fast food it will be like subway or mcd's grilled snack wraps no fries or fried ****!!!
That's what I plan on doing. I'm on the road a few days a week so some days I have no choice but to eat at McD's or BK but from now on it's just grilled chicken wraps/sandwiches and a bottle of water.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Fishmaster's Avatar
Fishmaster Fishmaster is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: jefferson
Posts: 1,045
Cash: 550
Default

go with the salad and chicken they have them at almost all the fast food places, go easy on the ranch and you CAN take off cheese if it's there. and bacon bites are a killer! Just eat the salad part.... ha, you can even get two if one dosent fill your needs stay away from all that bread!


-Over&Out!
FM
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I'm not as heavy as some but bigger than some others.
Was 6'1" @265 - 270 lbs. still 6'1" But have dropped to 245lbs.
thought i was getting good excercise at work. i am an electrician so i am on my feet walking and climbing ladders 8 hrs + a day.
My doc asked me how long i have been doing costruction work ?
my answer was , At least 30 yrs.
He informed me that i really wasn't getting any excercise at all???
After doing anything for an extended time your body gets used to it so it's no longer exercise.
My weight loss has been from getting sober. (55 days)
Was consuming mass quantities of jim or jack every night.
Lost 20 - 25 lbs in less than 2 months.
Now if i could make myself eat healthy i could probably drop another 25.
eman, congratulations on the sobriety thing! My dad has been an alcoholic for the last 20 years so I know what you are going through. As far as the exercise thing....it can be as little as 30 minutes a day. You can even do it in 10 minute intervals.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: House
Posts: 10,432
Cash: 1,117
Default

Biscuits and Cajun Power jelly for breakfast.
2 satsumas for snack.
Looking at grilling some specks for lunch.
Not sure for supper. Wife wants sushi.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Mediumheavyaction6'6's Avatar
Mediumheavyaction6'6 Mediumheavyaction6'6 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,295
Cash: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Biscuits and Cajun Power jelly for breakfast.
2 satsumas for snack.
Looking at grilling some specks for lunch.
Not sure for supper. Wife wants sushi.
I love sushi! I always feel like i am eating healthy when i eat that stuff. Well, I guess I am eating healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Fishmaster's Avatar
Fishmaster Fishmaster is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: jefferson
Posts: 1,045
Cash: 550
Default

Breafest- A bagle with cinnamon& sugar; with a big glass of 2% milk.

Snack- A satsuma, we have a huge tree.....

lunch- Spicy tuna fish sandwich, with jalapeno peepers, white onion, and some spices... I be leave that truly works that if you eat more peepers it stop "im hungry signal" going to your brain.
ALSO only on ONE pice of 100% wheat bread. With a big glass of water..... YummmYummm
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map