SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 632
Default Swamp Peopl on History Channel

Man, this show looks like its going to be awesome!
http://www.history.com/shows/swamp-people
Old 08-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Saw the preview the other day......like the country doesn't think the worst of us now?? Wait till they see this.......
Old 08-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,071

Never seen a movie based in la that showed any person of education they all gonna think we only get around in perogs we don't have tricks or in door pluming
Old 08-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 632

Well, atleast you dont hear the "The only thing that comes from Texas is steers and ******, and you aint got no horns boy!" from every Yankee you run into.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Imma be on the show!!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,071

U gonna bring them catfishing if so some of us might get lucky and see some of u hot spots lol and the hunting club don't count
Old 08-07-2010, 01:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankscke123 View Post
U gonna bring them catfishing if so some of us might get lucky and see some of u hot spots lol and the hunting club don't count

lol...

Ill show em some spots allright...

You gonna know when we get there cause you gonna hear a little click, then the movie will go black!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

can't wait to see it...screw the rest of the country and what they think of us...they just wish they had a rich culture and heritage like we do...sad thing is the Cajuns of today are mostly ashamed to be a Cajun...the language is almost gone....all thats left is a bunch of Cajuns running around talking like and trying to be like asterisks...
Old 08-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
can't wait to see it...screw the rest of the country and what they think of us...they just wish they had a rich culture and heritage like we do...sad thing is the Cajuns of today are mostly ashamed to be a Cajun...the language is almost gone....all thats left is a bunch of Cajuns running around talking like and trying to be like asterisks...
Lived in Lousiana all my life. Don't have a true cajun bone in my body by definition. But I am proud of our heritage and who we are. Let us stop fishing, crawfishing and producing oil and see where the nation goes. We are the people and we are Americans.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

thats great deerfarmer..just wish the cajun youth felt the same way...
Old 08-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Back in the early '60's, me and my neighbor went on a fishing outting down in Pierre Part, LA. Two young local boys took us out and they spoke very little English. I think they talked about us "city" boys a lot while we were fishing.....all in Cajuns French.

Did not catch many fish.....but it was an experience. Did I say that there was some ice on the water that morning.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,316

Have several friends that used to rodeo all over the country in high school and right after that. They loved telling everyone how we all had to use a boat to go to school, had pet gators, etc.

They perpetuated the "Crazy Cajun" in all their travels and some of the people they met still believe this.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Banned

there are still people who live out in the basin, should be a good show!

Premieres Sunday, August 22 at 10/9c

Quote:
all thats left is a bunch of Cajuns running around talking like and trying to be like asterisks...
i don't see that as much anymore over here, hopefully the "hip/hop" culture was a fad that dies out.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
I was telling my wife just yesterday that I regret not learning Cajun French from my grandparents because when their generation is gone there won't be many people left that can fluently speak the language.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,316
Default Me also

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I was telling my wife just yesterday that I regret not learning Cajun French from my grandparents because when their generation is gone there won't be many people left that can fluently speak the language.
I used to speak it fluently. Grandmother lived with us and that was all she would speak. After shed died me and Dad talked some. He died in 86 and now I can harldy speak it anymore.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
My brother and I were talking about the same thing last night.....wish we have done the same.

When my grandparents talked to each other it was always in Cajun French.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Everytlme I go out of state I tell folks how I drive a boat to work and my wife doesn't have a car, but a 4wheeler to get to work........I also mention the Gatorade that are always in the backyard.......I hunk its funny to watch their faces......
Old 08-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Blue Marlin

Gators......not Gatorade
Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 652

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry

My brother and I were talking about the same thing last night.....wish we have done the same.

When my grandparents talked to each other it was always in Cajun French
Guys, It is not that hard to learn Cajun French. My wife's family were among the original French family's that were exiled from Canada. They are very proud of thier heritage. My wife speaks Cajun French, she tried to teach me but it did not work out because she is my wife and is a know it all. I purchased a few items from this website and I have done a fair job of learning. I am doing it for our kids, so they will learn it and keep the language alive. If a dumb mick from Ohio can learn it, you guys learn it.

http://www.maps2anywhere.com/Languag...age_course.htm
Old 08-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Guys, It is not that hard to learn Cajun French. My wife's family were among the original French family's that were exiled from Canada. They are very proud of thier heritage. My wife speaks Cajun French, she tried to teach me but it did not work out because she is my wife and is a know it all. I purchased a few items from this website and I have done a fair job of learning. I am doing it for our kids, so they will learn it and keep the language alive. If a dumb mick from Ohio can learn it, you guys learn it.

http://www.maps2anywhere.com/Languag...age_course.htm
Thanks for the site......when i get an extra $90 i might buy it.