SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post

Lmao. I just watched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Aren't you also in the conversation ?
I love the logic on this site.
If you are in favor of a person's right to do whatever they want to their own body you must be a doper. If you are in favor of gay rights you must be gay. Oh and let's not forget if you don't watch fox news you have got to be libtard.

You said you were patting yourself on the back for staying out of this for so long. Anytime someone says drugs....boom here you come talking the same exact stuff every time. I really don't care if you smoke meth til your teeth fAll out. You can make it at home in small batches use it at home, don't sell it, you'll probably never get caught.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Exact same argument can be made about alcohol and nicotine.
I needed a cig so i killed those three people for the cash in thier pockets, said no one EVER......
Old 04-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216
Default Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post

Haha, been outta that great divide cuz

Funny, but fake
Old 04-29-2015, 07:42 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I agree with most of what you said, but more layers exist.

On a side note, if killing people is the answer to stopping them from committing a crime, wouldn't the cops have won the war on drugs already? Wouldn't there be no more crime in the areas where these cops are killing civilians for petty crimes?

Or, is brute force by either side not the answer at the end of the day? Does this retaliation create more retaliation and so on? Police killing to intimidate and prove a point, rioters rioting to intimidate and prove a point in retaliation, police getting more angry and aggressive, rioters children and LEOs children seeing what's going on and festering in and witnessing the acts that provoke the hate their fathers live with. This cycle never ends, just like the Middle East... It goes on for thousand of years.

That's one layer to add. Now start thinking about how to logically eliminate the problems we are seeing on both sides... Here come the other layers
I agree but nothing is going to change until cops are truely held accountable for their actions and there is a total culture change on the other side. Until those happen it will remain the same or get worse.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Well, here may be a major kink in everyone's gripe about police brutality. Several sources are reporting(and Allstate Ins confirmed) that this guy was getting a settlement for a neck injury and, had recently had neck surgery.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/20...t-2707800.html
Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Well, here may be a major kink in everyone's gripe about police brutality. Several sources are reporting(and Allstate Ins confirmed) that this guy was getting a settlement for a neck injury and, had recently had neck surgery.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/20...t-2707800.html
If confirmed, this would certainly be an interesting development, but it is not completely exculpatory regarding the police actions. Questions yet to be answered:

1. What was the reasonable suspicion for the original detention? The police have yet to articulate a specific crime he was suspected of that day. Courts have consistently ruled that suspicion of unspecified "criminal activity" is insufficient to detain a suspect. Police need to show that the original detention was legal and justified.

2. Was the "spring assisted" knife really a switchblade as defined by applicable laws? The arrest on this charge needs to be justified.

3. Why wasn't Gray secured with a seatbelt in the police van per protocol? Did failure to secure Gray in a seatbelt contribute to his injury?

4. Why were police so slow in calling for medical assistance?

5. Was Gray intentionally taken for a "rough ride" in the police transport in order to "teach him a lesson"? Even had there been a pre-existing neck injury related to the surgery, failure to properly restrain Gray in the van and intentionally making the ride rough would make the government employees involved culpable.

Even a citizen who has recently had neck surgery and should be resting at home has civil and constitutional rights not to be abused by police. Autopsy results should be able to determine how much force was applied to cause the neck injury. Hopefully, there are high quality CT scans available for review by outside experts.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

I find it interesting that every time there is a questionable incident involving police most white people I know are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the policeman. I suspect its because most of them have never had a negitive encounter or been harassed by a cop. I don't think the same can be said for the majority of blacks in the United States. Most of us live in out own little worlds and only catch a glimpse of what life outside of it is like. Its impossible for most of us to understand why people with riot and loot their own communities but none of us come from that world. Ever been to Baltimore? Its a lawless war zone. If I grew up there and all I knew was that way of life, I would probably not care if one day it was burned down. If every time I saw a cop I had to worry about being hassled for being young and black I would probably be pissed off about it. All it takes is one encounter with a abusive LEO to change your perspective. If you have never had your rights violated by a power hungry man child with a badge its an eye opening experience. If it happened to most of us, we would report it through the proper channels or get a lawyer and something would be done about it. Do you think the same could be said for the average black kid in any intercity? I am not in anyway defending whats going on, but I understand why its happening. Its easy to sit back and judge these people, assume that they are all living off the government and selling drugs and are content doing it. It is just not that simple. Imagine growing up abject poverty, live amongst pimps, addicts, drug dealers, have no access to decent education, have no real positive roll models to look up to and have had a front row seat to disfunction your entire life. What would your perspective be? Yes, there are exceptional people that pull themselves out of it but the majority of people are not exceptional. Most people of any color are just average. The average person I know just want to fit in to their surroundings and I think this pretty much explains why the problems in the intercity perpetuate themselves. I don't know what the solution is, maybe there isn't one, but I can't say that I blame them for being pissed. Children scream and holler when they want attention because they don't know any other way to get it, rioting is pretty much the same thing. It's not going to solve anything but it is what happens when the disempowered become fed up with the status quo. Its happened for centuries, it is human nature.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
I find it interesting that every time there is a questionable incident involving police most white people I know are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the policeman. I suspect its because most of them have never had a negitive encounter or been harassed by a cop. I don't think the same can be said for the majority of blacks in the United States. Most of us live in out own little worlds and only catch a glimpse of what life outside of it is like. Its impossible for most of us to understand why people with riot and loot their own communities but none of us come from that world. Ever been to Baltimore? Its a lawless war zone. If I grew up there and all I knew was that way of life, I would probably not care if one day it was burned down. If every time I saw a cop I had to worry about being hassled for being young and black I would probably be pissed off about it. All it takes is one encounter with a abusive LEO to change your perspective. If you have never had your rights violated by a power hungry man child with a badge its an eye opening experience. If it happened to most of us, we would report it through the proper channels or get a lawyer and something would be done about it. Do you think the same could be said for the average black kid in any intercity? I am not in anyway defending whats going on, but I understand why its happening. Its easy to sit back and judge these people, assume that they are all living off the government and selling drugs and are content doing it. It is just not that simple. Imagine growing up abject poverty, live amongst pimps, addicts, drug dealers, have no access to decent education, have no real positive roll models to look up to and have had a front row seat to disfunction your entire life. What would your perspective be? Yes, there are exceptional people that pull themselves out of it but the majority of people are not exceptional. Most people of any color are just average. The average person I know just want to fit in to their surroundings and I think this pretty much explains why the problems in the intercity perpetuate themselves. I don't know what the solution is, maybe there isn't one, but I can't say that I blame them for being pissed. Children scream and holler when they want attention because they don't know any other way to get it, rioting is pretty much the same thing. It's not going to solve anything but it is what happens when the disempowered become fed up with the status quo. Its happened for centuries, it is human nature.
Ok, can't hold my tongue any longer.
Do you have any idea what the federal Goverment does for failing or low income schools?
They provide them with funding to buy supplies that a school like Barbe would love to have.
When it comes to funding education, the schools that suffer the most are: Schools with high test scores, that don't accept out of zone "bused in" kids.
The govt chooses to pump money into the failing schools, but money does not solve the problem.
Things have changed in the education system, the "ghetto" schools now have way more resources at their disposal.

The lack PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY- is the root cause for these failing schools ect. Parents are not in involved in a positive way. There involvement consist of why did u fail my kid?

Enough with that, let's move on to why people are being shot by cops.

The short answer is people don't fear cops, but they should.

Cops are not trained robots, they are human beings with guns. If you resist arrest or create a situation where the LEO must pursue IMO you are putting yourself at risk for injury or death.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
" Children scream and holler when they want attention because they don't know any other way to get it, rioting is pretty much the same thing."

You are somewhat correct here. The part you are missing is children with no discipline act this way. They are acting like a bunch of unruly little kids when they should be acting like responsible adults. No one taught them better and, that starts at home. So, before I go feeling guilty of being white, I'll say that a bunch of people's parents failed them terribly.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Do you have any idea what the federal Goverment does for failing or low income schools?
They provide them with funding to buy supplies that a school like Barbe would love to have.
When it comes to funding education, the schools that suffer the most are: Schools with high test scores, that don't accept out of zone "bused in" kids.
The govt chooses to pump money into the failing schools, but money does not solve the problem.
Things have changed in the education system, the "ghetto" schools now have way more resources at their disposal.

The lack PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY- is the root cause for these failing schools ect. Parents are not in involved in a positive way. There involvement consist of why did u fail my kid?

Cops are not trained robots, they are human beings with guns. If you resist arrest or create a situation where the LEO must pursue IMO you are putting yourself at risk for injury or death.
I agree with you 100% Law abiding ppl are not the ones being harmed by these cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its criminals that make the choice to fight them, run from them, and intend to do harm to them. Now im not saying the cops are doing the right thing in all of the instances that have happend. Some have killed when they should not have. They should be punished as you or I would be.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

No amount of money, or government program can fix what's broken. The fact that inner city schools get big money doesn't change the fact that schools are still substandard. They are substandard because the students that attend them are raised in disfunction.

I wasn't making excuses for anybody involved in this $hit. The situation has been bad for a long time and it's not going to change itself because we all think it should.

There's nothing anyone on the outside can do to improve what's going on here but it goes way beyond people not listening to what cops tell them to do.

I don't feel any guilt for being white, I just believe there is way more to it than most of you do. That's really the only point I was trying to make.

I shoulda just kept my mouth shut. No politics, religion, sex is the way to go.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Just like the US going overseas trying to change the foreigners to be civilized. You look at any conflict where the US said they was helping them. Its for nothing. These people are raised like animals. Always have been and always will be. I realize this is on our on soil but you can't "fix" stupid. Nothing but a bunch of useless thugs.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Play stupid games..... Win stupid prizes
Old 04-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

i like turtles
Old 04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Personal accountability and responsibility cannot be bought by government handouts........nor can it be taught by brutal punishment.

It has to be nurtured into an individual over time.

In the case of an animal, say a unruly pit bull, with enough lashing out, biting the hand that feeds them, we put them down.

With humans, it becomes much more complicated.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:

So are you saying you must blindly obey any command given by police or they can go in guns blazing? BS. Just because he has a badge and a gun doesn't make him right. They are not the law they are law enforcement and half of them don't know what the laws are.
Why should a cop be feared? Protect and serve not be feared. The problem is that they are causing people to fear them. I don't fear them but I don't trust them and I view them as a potential threat. Trust me I have dealt with a lot of dumb sheet cops that shouldn't have a sharpened pencil much less a gun.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
People generally resort to name calling when they know they have lost the debate... Good luck in your campaign to legalize heroin and let the criminals run wild. You and clampy have fun sucking on the glass pipe together
Old 04-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Decisions and Egos

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
So are you saying you must blindly obey any command given by police or they can go in guns blazing? BS. Just because he has a badge and a gun doesn't make him right. They are not the law they are law enforcement and half of them don't know what the laws are.
Why should a cop be feared? Protect and serve not be feared. The problem is that they are causing people to fear them. I don't fear them but I don't trust them and I view them as a potential threat. Trust me I have dealt with a lot of dumb sheet cops that shouldn't have a sharpened pencil much less a gun.
Duckman Its obvious to me that you have a problem with authority and possibly your ego.

Yes your 100% correct the cop may not be right but guess what your dead who won that game of chicken...Nobody

My whole reasoning to obey a cops command is the risk of them making a poor decisions. To me it's a matter of self preservation. If something goes down that was handled incorrectly by a LEO, you have a much better chance of "winning" if you remain calm, listen; then handle the situation afterwards with a lawyer.

When I was 16 I was caught drinking outside a bar in New Orleans; and received a minor in possession of alcohol. There was a moment where I thought about running from the cop; I thought I'm younger, faster and can prob get away. Then a little voice told me, if he caught me I would have hell to pay for making him take chase.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Duckman Its obvious to me that you have a problem with authority and possibly your ego.

Yes your 100% correct the cop may not be right but guess what your dead who won that game of chicken...Nobody

My whole reasoning to obey a cops command is the risk of them making a poor decisions. To me it's a matter of self preservation. If something goes down that was handled incorrectly by a LEO, you have a much better chance of "winning" if you remain calm, listen; then handle the situation afterwards with a lawyer.

When I was 16 I was caught drinking outside a bar in New Orleans; and received a minor in possession of alcohol. There was a moment where I thought about running from the cop; I thought I'm younger, faster and can prob get away. Then a little voice told me, if he caught me I would have hell to pay for making him take chase.
I agree. The guy with the pistols, right or wrong, is the instant winner. The "I know my rights!" attitude when, even though you were right, got you shot to death. Put up with a little stupidity and, live. Smack stupidity with a lawsuit or complaint after the fact and, you may actually be the victor in the matter.

All of these "I know my rights types" claim they don't have to listen and, whatever else but, kinda like the 300# dude that wants to fight you at bar closing time, for no reason, your best bet is to find a way out of it other than the altercation. Yeah, he's a jerk and, you did nothing to him but, he's apt to put your butt down if you choose to engage. Yes, SOME cops are just like a 300# bully at closing time.

In closing, please keep it civil so that this can stay in open forum. I really have enjoyed reading the different views thus far.