SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Will you continue to support CCA?
Yes 28 36.36%
No 49 63.64%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

"As to the comments about rigs-to-reefs, I am assuming either you do not know, or you refuse to accept the facts that David Vitter sponsored a bill to stop the destruction of rigs off Louisiana's coast. He begged CCA of Louisiana to appear for the committee hearing, yet CCA failed to show and the bill was deferred (polite way of saying the bill is dead)."

That's pretty poor on CCA's part.

"I do I do have one question though, why is CCA of Louisiana the only 501(C) entity in the entire country that refuses to publish it's finanicial statement on a yearly basis.have one question though, why is CCA of Louisiana the only 501(C) entity in the entire country that refuses to publish it's finanicial statement on a yearly basis."

What's the deal with that?

No one on here is against limits if there is a reason for it. And as far as going to complain at meetings, do you think no one did that before the limit was reduced? Yeah right. A lot of good that did. Everyone on here who thinks that a limit on triple tail isn't a big deal is ridiculous. It's just like the liberal goverment taking over and telling us what we can and can't do. Same concept
Old 08-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Some people are so dense. Please stop posting about their sexual maturity, we get it, we don't care. Stock Assessments, come back when you have relevant info please, 'cause all you've got right now, is when 3tails hump, and a pic of a dude who caught a 100 of em so lets freak out about it.
I know. It's giving me a headache. We know they reproduce several times a year. Laying up to 9 millions of eggs. They only show up for about 3 months out of the year. Show us where they are being over fished. God, how hard is that to understand!! The scientific data they have means nothing more than what you can find on wiki
Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I know. It's giving me a headache. We know they reproduce several times a year. Laying up to 9 millions of eggs. They only show up for about 3 months out of the year. Show us where they are being over fished. God, how hard is that to understand!! The scientific data they have means nothing more than what you can find on wiki

Hey "They said its the smart thing to do"

What more do we need!!! Im sold on that
Old 08-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
"As to the comments about rigs-to-reefs, I am assuming either you do not know, or you refuse to accept the facts that David Vitter sponsored a bill to stop the destruction of rigs off Louisiana's coast. He begged CCA of Louisiana to appear for the committee hearing, yet CCA failed to show and the bill was deferred (polite way of saying the bill is dead)."

"I do I do have one question though, why is CCA of Louisiana the only 501(C) entity in the entire country that refuses to publish it's finanicial statement on a yearly basis.have one question though, why is CCA of Louisiana the only 501(C) entity in the entire country that refuses to publish it's finanicial statement on a yearly basis."

No one on here is against limits if there is a reason for it. And as far as going to complain at meetings, do you think no one did that before the limit was reduced? Yeah right. A lot of good that did. Everyone on here who thinks that a limit on triple tail isn't a big deal is ridiculous. It's just like the liberal goverment taking over and telling us what we can and can't do. Same concept
Exactly x10000. But the CCA koolaide flows strong in some.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post

Can I have a hug??? BINGO we have the winner!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

what is this? the WWE? Cause Will Drost said so!!!

Do you people really think it is one man that can set limits to what HE thinks is considered to be right?

get out of here with that sh it..
Old 08-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post

Do you people really think it is one man that can set limits to what HE thinks is considered to be right?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Imagine the things that could be done if everyone on this site that is vehemently against any changes would actually go to the meeting and let their message be known

Exactly the reason Barry O is still in office, everyone was mad but they just didn't voice their opinion in the right spot (at the polls)
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Ling

Quote:

Its comical yet sad that people think that
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Imagine the things that could be done if everyone on this site that is vehemently against any changes would actually go to the meeting and let their message be known

Exactly the reason Barry O is still in office, everyone was mad but they just didn't voice their opinion in the right spot (at the polls)
I've been to the meetings. It's a waste of time.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
No offense meant Camp Canard but this discussion on the TT limit is a Louisiana regulatory issue. Texas and the Louisiana are vastly different estuaries. I think that's the purpose of mentioning Texas. Should Louisiana sportsman have a say in your states regulations?

I've never caught a TT. I've seen them and think there cool but have no desire to target them. My issue with CCA is more about the access issue and thier hesitancy to weigh in on current issues pertaining to access and other membership concerns. Red snapper, rigs to reef funds etc. Gill nets are in the past. What have you done for me lately?

I'm a member of DU and Delta Waterfowl. They both work towards conservation of Ducks. I personally think Delta Waterfowl coming on the sceen has snapped DU back into its stated mission. CCA needs something similar to compete for the anglers conservation dollars to get them in line with membership wishes and their own mission statement.
I Hunt and Fish in La., and own a Camp there as well. Purchase $480 in Licenses ea. year. I think I should have a say in La. regulations !
Comment about " Mad Texan".....Really ! This is specifically why I NEVER get involved in these type of debates, and rarely post. I have been a member of DU since 1976, and do not agree with everything they have done. My feelings are mutual with respect to CCA.
I often wonder where WE ( La. and TX.) Sportsman would be today without the efforts of DU, Delta,CCA, etc. I doubt you would be able to strap a Canvasback, or even see one now days ! They didn't just come back to huntable numbers because the Hens decided to lay more eggs.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

He was the hook n bull for 15trout limit!!! along with HR&G
Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I've been to the meetings. It's a waste of time.
The purpose of public meetings seems to be to claim after the fact that public meetings were held. The only scientific support for regulations changes you get at public meetings are a few oversimplified platitudes that might seem to make sense at the time, but usually only amount to unsupported claims that the regulatory proposal is a data driven necessity.

But the data and scientific reasons motivating any change really should be published in written and electronic form to be more carefully considered and assessed by independent parties. Otherwise, the public can't tell the difference between sound scientific validation and basing decisions on unvalidated opinions of a few purported "experts."

The triple tail regulations, the red snapper regulations, and the speckled trout regulations all seem to be based on unvalidated opinions of purported experts.

Conservation groups should be demanding better science before restricting access to resources that appear to be sufficiently abundant to allow greater or at least historical levels of access.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,905

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMP CANARD View Post
I Hunt and Fish in La., and own a Camp there as well. Purchase $480 in Licenses ea. year. I think I should have a say in La. regulations !
Comment about " Mad Texan".....Really ! This is specifically why I NEVER get involved in these type of debates, and rarely post. I have been a member of DU since 1976, and do not agree with everything they have done. My feelings are mutual with respect to CCA.
I often wonder where WE ( La. and TX.) Sportsman would be today without the efforts of DU, Delta,CCA, etc. I doubt you would be able to strap a Canvasback, or even see one now days ! They didn't just come back to huntable numbers because the Hens decided to lay more eggs.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMP CANARD View Post

Fair enough, but your say is as a customer or consumer of the resources. Your say should be analogous to a customer at Burger King if they discontinue or restrict access to a product. Your say is nothing more than a recommendation or an expression of your personal preferences.

This is much different than the authoritative say deserved by LA residents and registered LA voters. Citizens of Louisiana should have an authoritative say equivalent to Burger King stockholders.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The purpose of public meetings seems to be to claim after the fact that public meetings were held. The only scientific support for regulations changes you get at public meetings are a few oversimplified platitudes that might seem to make sense at the time, but usually only amount to unsupported claims that the regulatory proposal is a data driven necessity.

But the data and scientific reasons motivating any change really should be published in written and electronic form to be more carefully considered and assessed by independent parties. Otherwise, the public can't tell the difference between sound scientific validation and basing decisions on unvalidated opinions of a few purported "experts."

The triple tail regulations, the red snapper regulations, and the speckled trout regulations all seem to be based on unvalidated opinions of purported experts (many Ph.D fisheries management professionals).

Conservation groups should be demanding better science before restricting access to resources that appear to be sufficiently abundant to allow greater or at least historical levels of access.
, I will go along with them everytime. If there is an issue, its with the LDWF Commission. They listen to their panel of experts who present to them the data and their decision SHOULD be based upon that data (whether it is or not is a different subject). Again, they are the experts in their field and they are presenting to the lawmakers, just like in every form of government
Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

You absolutely DO have as say in that case Camp Canard. I was pointing out the differences in the estuaries and the fact that each state should regulate their resources with sound scientific data pertaining to the location. Not in a me too manner.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

When and where is the next meeting. Lets all go. And ask "so if we don't put a limit on tripletail, do you honestly think they will be gone one day? And if you think that, simply tell me why and show me data." I'm a logical guy, prove to me why we need a limit and i'm all for it
Old 08-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
, I will go along with them everytime. If there is an issue, its with the LDWF Commission. They listen to their panel of experts who present to them the data and their decision SHOULD be based upon that data (whether it is or not is a different subject). Again, they are the experts in their field and they are presenting to the lawmakers, just like in every form of government
Duh
Old 08-07-2013, 12:50 PM
King Mackeral

The scientific method is based on skepticism and the demand that assertions be supported with published data and a methodology that allows both replication and review by others.

This is in contrast to believing in viewpoints based on the authority, education, or employment status of those espousing the view.

Responsible PhD Wildlife Professionals should know they need to back up proposed management actions with sound scientific data. Pushing major policy changes without sound scientific support diminishes their credibility. They would be on much more sound footing if they proposed to study the status of the stock with sound scientific methods and suggested delay of consideration of major policy changes until there was more data available.