SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 03-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Nice day on the water

A while back this gentleman calls me and booked March 30 for a fishing trip. He did not care what kind he just wanted to try it. Seeing it was just he and his wife I suggested an inshore trip. It was a good thing because the winds were gusting to 30 mph and maybe more in the morning.

I met George and Sue from Kansas around 7:00. After a good breakfast at the marina we headed down river. On our first stop Georges cork goes under and before he could get up the slack the fish took the bait and let go. Soon after Sue gets one on. She is reeling it in almost in slow motion and the fish is swimming towards the boat. Once the redfish gets near the boat it lets go of the bait and swims away. This is going to be a long day. We have a couple more corks go down and pop up with the bait gone. The bite was slow enough with out loosing a chance to hook the fish.

It is now 11:00 and nothing in the box. I am thinking about going to another area altogether but a well placed cast and it is Fish On!

This is Georges first ever redfish. He could not get over how hard a 4 pound fish fought. About 3 or 4 casts later he is on again. Now he is having fun.

Sue is trying like heck but all she can do is watch George work his magic.

I am trying to help them as much as possible. With a slow bite all morning there is a glimmer of hope at this time We missed 4 or 5 before landing the first one I was hoping this was the start of a good bite. Finally Sew has a chance to fight one. This is also her first redfish ever.

We picked up a couple more and they decided they had a good day and wanted to head back.

It was not a limit type of day but it was a very good day on the water. I wanted to limit out but they were very satisfied with the day and called it. They are looking at an October date to get into the offshore action. That will be another learning experience for them.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM