SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

http://www.fox8live.com/story/289537...ery-a-homicide

So now a dollar general arm robbery ...3 POS THUGS force 2 woman back in store by gunpoint ,,,,rob store,,,,alarm setoff ,,,police confront in rear of store ,,,,kill one 2 get away and now calling it a homocide....because of what happen in baltamore....GET REAL PEOPLE.....They should "the police officers" should be diciplened for not being able to take out all three...You commit an armed robbery you have NO rites....
Old 05-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Red Snapper

https://youtu.be/o1JOFhfoAD4
Old 05-01-2015, 05:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
http://www.fox8live.com/story/289537...ery-a-homicide

So now a dollar general arm robbery ...3 POS THUGS force 2 woman back in store by gunpoint ,,,,rob store,,,,alarm setoff ,,,police confront in rear of store ,,,,kill one 2 get away and now calling it a homocide....because of what happen in baltamore....GET REAL PEOPLE.....They should "the police officers" should be diciplened for not being able to take out all three...You commit an armed robbery you have NO rites....
Should you have rights when you arrest a citizen without probable cause and he dies in custody?

By all means the police should use their powers to stop the looting and rioting.

But the prosecutors should also use their powers to put a damper on unwarranted arrests and abuse/neglect of citizens in custody.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Should you have rights when you arrest a citizen without probable cause and he dies in custody?

By all means the police should use their powers to stop the looting and rioting.

But the prosecutors should also use their powers to put a damper on unwarranted arrests and abuse/neglect of citizens in custody.
Armed robbery in New Orleans....Gun next to POS shot to death .....Women forced back into store....2 got away....Also armed....It says homicide because of the recent happenings .....BULL****....The only thing wrong with this senerio is Orleans parish deputies need to learn how to shoot better so all 3 would be a non threat to the community now...It was earlier asked if it could be possible here....When you get on tv saying an ARMED ROBBER FORCES WOMEN BACK INTO STORE AND IS SHOT EXITING WITH A GUN IN HIS HAND THEY ARE STARTING A BUNCH OF ****.....WAKE UP....
Old 05-01-2015, 05:57 PM
King Mackeral

The US Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

Violators are criminals and need to be punished.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Armed robbery in New Orleans....Gun next to POS shot to death .....Women forced back into store....2 got away....Also armed....It says homicide because of the recent happenings .....BULL****....The only thing wrong with this senerio is Orleans parish deputies need to learn how to shoot better so all 3 would be a non threat to the community now...It was earlier asked if it could be possible here....When you get on tv saying an ARMED ROBBER FORCES WOMEN BACK INTO STORE AND IS SHOT EXITING WITH A GUN IN HIS HAND THEY ARE STARTING A BUNCH OF ****.....WAKE UP....

Is homicide a crime as described by law, or is homicide inclusive of all killings of humans by another human?

Can't a killing be classified as homicide even if it was self defense? The trial will determine if it was or wasn't a criminal act on the LEO's part. He hasn't been convicted, this was just the coroner's determination. He didn't die of a stroke or suicide.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Is homicide a crime as described by law, or is homicide inclusive of all killings of humans by another human?

Can't a killing be classified as homicide even if it was self defense? The trial will determine if it was or wasn't a criminal act on the LEO's part. He hasn't been convicted, this was just the coroner's determination. He didn't die of a stroke or suicide.
BUT seeing how they do not have ALL evidence why advertise such a thing....It will be taken as another police murder with **** going on up north starting here...Sorry but the fact is they put weapons to people and demanded they go back in store to rob them,,,,That is FACT....As for me you do that and get shot by police trying to escape you took your chance and loss.....case closed....
Old 05-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
BUT seeing how they do not have ALL evidence why advertise such a thing....It will be taken as another police murder with **** going on up north starting here...Sorry but the fact is they put weapons to people and demanded they go back in store to rob them,,,,That is FACT....As for me you do that and get shot by police trying to escape you took your chance and loss.....case closed....

What?

So what was the coroner supposed to call it? They posted the coroner's findings, and he found that the victim was shot and killed. Guess he could have called it lead poisoning?
Old 05-01-2015, 07:15 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Got a link to the story or something? I'm lost on what you are talking about. What happened? And what do you think the injustice is/was?
Old 05-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Red Snapper

Three men armed forced the women back into the store so they could rob it....What they didn't know was the alarm company was notified of something wrong and notified police...silent alarm...company calls manager at house after hours....Manager does not respond police notified....They surrond the place and the robbers exit out back...ARMED...In my opinion they are a threat...Evidently the officer saw it the same way....2 got away...
1 is laying on the ground with a gun...This is on fox news 8 new orleans tonite reported by some black woman never seen before stating that it is being classified as a homicide because of what has happened in baltamore and elsewhere up north.....So it seems they are insinuating another police murder happening here in new orleans....I don't know all the definitions of homicide but when I hear it I think of murder like a whole lot of other people and like others were wondering if it could happen here it will just fuel the fire....One thing I do know is buisness owners in and around are well armed and it aint gunna be no cake walk like in yankee land....
Old 05-01-2015, 08:07 PM
King Mackeral

http://www.fox8live.com/story/289565...olice-shooting

Homicide just means his death was caused by direct human action. There are criminal homicides and justifiable homicides.

There was a gun recovered at the scene, and preliminary indications suggest a good shoot. But there are lots of witnesses to interview and lots of video to review. The police had body cams, so there should be good evidence for a justified shoot, if that is indeed the case.

Even in the case of a good shoot, there will be people trying to twist it into an unrighteous or negligent situation. I trust the good people of Louisiana and the criminal justice system will ignore that nonsense.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

..........Megan Kelly interviewing a Baltimore cop that works with the six cops being charged........apparantly Freddie was a well know informant for the department........which would answer the question on why he was arrested so many times and convicted so little.

Freddie ran from the at very corner he had been arrested many times for selling narcotics.....unprovoked flight is the terminology used ........cops are taught to give chase to unprovoked flight .........now that we learn they new him.........it starts to make some sense
Old 05-01-2015, 08:33 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
If confirmed, this would certainly be an interesting development, but it is not completely exculpatory regarding the police actions. Questions yet to be answered:

1. What was the reasonable suspicion for the original detention? The police have yet to articulate a specific crime he was suspected of that day. Courts have consistently ruled that suspicion of unspecified "criminal activity" is insufficient to detain a suspect. Police need to show that the original detention was legal and justified.

2. Was the "spring assisted" knife really a switchblade as defined by applicable laws? The arrest on this charge needs to be justified.

3. Why wasn't Gray secured with a seatbelt in the police van per protocol? Did failure to secure Gray in a seatbelt contribute to his injury?

4. Why were police so slow in calling for medical assistance?

5. Was Gray intentionally taken for a "rough ride" in the police transport in order to "teach him a lesson"? Even had there been a pre-existing neck injury related to the surgery, failure to properly restrain Gray in the van and intentionally making the ride rough would make the government employees involved culpable.

Even a citizen who has recently had neck surgery and should be resting at home has civil and constitutional rights not to be abused by police. Autopsy results should be able to determine how much force was applied to cause the neck injury. Hopefully, there are high quality CT scans available for review by outside experts.
The prosecutor has spoken, “The knife was not a switchblade and is lawful under Maryland law.”
Old 05-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
..........Megan Kelly interviewing a Baltimore cop that works with the six cops being charged........apparantly Freddie was a well know informant for the department........which would answer the question on why he was arrested so many times and convicted so little.

Freddie ran from the at very corner he had been arrested many times for selling narcotics.....unprovoked flight is the terminology used ........cops are taught to give chase to unprovoked flight .........now that we learn they new him.........it starts to make some sense
So he was a well known informant.... I wonder if his injuries could have been caused or exasperated by another passenger?
Old 05-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
So he was a well known informant.... I wonder if his injuries could have been caused or exasperated by another passenger?

now that is interesting.......

I just remember Starsky and Hutch "arresting" Huggie Bear all the time .......to make it look like he was a small time wannabe getting arrested and then giving information
Old 05-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post

I don't believe there was another passenger in the same compartment as him, it seems like I remember the other fella that was arrested and put in the van said he couldn't see Freddie due to the partition.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Ling

The state's attorney in banking her entire career on this
Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

The problem like most all of these cases is that he ran. If he would have just had trust in the LEO this would not have happened. I was raised to trust and respect LEO and in turn I have always been shown respect back. Maybe the reason I will never run is because I remember as a kid playing cops and robbers. If you ran after being told to freeze. You got shot!!! LOL. That has stuck to me and if I ever run from the cops. I will expect bullets coming my way.

Now, I don't live in these communities so I don't know what they go through but running / resisting is not the right response.

It's my belief that there are many more good cops than there are bad. I also believe there are a lot more peaceful protesters than looters. The problem is perception and the perception we are given by the media and activist is not good. All the young kids watching this on tv are being conditioned to not trust all LEO's. They are learning that it is okay to talk back to LE, to throw rocks at them, and to resist/run from them.

I pray for this country because I don't think this is going to get better for a long time.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Swordfish

Be a good citizen, keep your mouth shut and OBEY.

Now that's scary
Old 05-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Be a good citizen, keep your mouth shut and OBEY.

Now that's scary

OR loot and destroy........at will, with the mayor's permission.......not that is scary......