SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
Me and my buddy hit toledo on a mission after drinkin all night... Fog was tick tick that morning. Buddy says " man i gotta go!!!" drops his drawers and procedes to unleash all the beer and food from the night before. Not a second later boats come pouring into our spot... 5 boats all on a mission to get up on our little honey hole (it was a tournament). buddies in a panic!!!! all i hear is oh my f ing god its floating!!!! dude had seriously coated the top of the water with celaphane (sp?) like **** and it was like god said NO MORE FOG.... the fog cleared in mere seconds.... was soo god awful that i heard other anglers talking about it "what the hell is that on the water?". needless to say we trolled outta there 50 yards or so only for it to drift back our way... stuff was getting all over our lines. got in my reel. I WAS DONE and LOSING it histerically all at the same time... cant remember how many times i gagged and dry heaved. get to the launch and there is a line around the boat from where it was glazed over...This was all after a night of drinkin soo much that I fell in a pot of baked beans and smashed a ole smokey like a sammich.
best one yet
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
Me and my buddy hit toledo on a mission after drinkin all night... Fog was tick tick that morning. Buddy says " man i gotta go!!!" drops his drawers and procedes to unleash all the beer and food from the night before. Not a second later boats come pouring into our spot... 5 boats all on a mission to get up on our little honey hole (it was a tournament). buddies in a panic!!!! all i hear is oh my f ing god its floating!!!! dude had seriously coated the top of the water with celaphane (sp?) like **** and it was like god said NO MORE FOG.... the fog cleared in mere seconds.... was soo god awful that i heard other anglers talking about it "what the hell is that on the water?". needless to say we trolled outta there 50 yards or so only for it to drift back our way... stuff was getting all over our lines. got in my reel. I WAS DONE and LOSING it histerically all at the same time... cant remember how many times i gagged and dry heaved. get to the launch and there is a line around the boat from where it was glazed over...This was all after a night of drinkin soo much that I fell in a pot of baked beans and smashed a ole smokey like a sammich.
This buddy have a name?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteredneck View Post
me and my buddy hit toledo on a mission after drinkin all night... Fog was tick tick that morning. Buddy says " man i gotta go!!!" drops his drawers and procedes to unleash all the beer and food from the night before. Not a second later boats come pouring into our spot... 5 boats all on a mission to get up on our little honey hole (it was a tournament). Buddies in a panic!!!! All i hear is oh my f ing god its floating!!!! Dude had seriously coated the top of the water with celaphane (sp?) like **** and it was like god said no more fog.... The fog cleared in mere seconds.... Was soo god awful that i heard other anglers talking about it "what the hell is that on the water?". Needless to say we trolled outta there 50 yards or so only for it to drift back our way... Stuff was getting all over our lines. Got in my reel. I was done and losing it histerically all at the same time... Cant remember how many times i gagged and dry heaved. Get to the launch and there is a line around the boat from where it was glazed over...this was all after a night of drinkin soo much that i fell in a pot of baked beans and smashed a ole smokey like a sammich.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best one by far
Old 04-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun View Post
Two buddies and i were duck hunting down in Point Au Fer and one of them had irritable bowel syndrom. When he has to go....better stop what your doing and get out the way or he will run you over getting to where he needs to go.

Well, he was in the middle of the two of us and he said, ok boys...got to go. We make room and he walks back in the marsh to "pop a squat". We are laughing at him because we run on top of the marsh and get his waders down that fast in our life!

He finally does his business and we are back to hunting....finally we tell him...."dude....nect time get further away from the blind!!!!!'

Well the smell didn't go away...followed us all the way back to the camp and into the mud room. Low and behold, he takes off his waders and has a "snickers laying in there with burnt tire marks runninig up his back."

We were about to throw up....and die laughing....from him crapping in his waders and rolling it back up!

Whew!
HAHA had a buddy do that one before too. Forgot to tuck his wader straps in while dropping a deuce and got it all over his straps.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Blue Marlin

I really shouldn't laugh cause i have unleashed the beast in my waders one time. I was hunting with a buddy of mine one time at the end of little chenier rd and he had a really long boat ride. Well we had drank all night at the camp the night before and ate some fried shrimp. Well i must have went 3 or 4 times while hunting, and on the way back i started getting the bg's (bubble guts) real bad. I tell my freind man i really got to fart, so i did well like poo poo broussard said it was a terd honking for right away. Once i started i couldn't stop. I was so embarrassed when we got back to the camp and everybody heard what happened, cause my buddy said it before the motor stopped. It was bad looked like i sat on a brownie.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

no way chris....(insert vomit face) no way!!! this thread went way down south in more ways than one (#2).
Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

There is no way I can follow that one, but here goes. Fishing Rayburn out of Mill Creek and it was so foggy you could barely see the front of your boat. Everybody was launching and just pulling up to the bank and waiting. I told my partner that I wasn't waiting. I was headed to Buck Bay and I could at least get to the other side with my eyes closed. I was just going to idle across and get a head start for when the fog lifted. In my mind, I really thought I could make it most of the way there. This is long before GPS. I had been idling about 10-15 minutes when I started seeing bank which wasn't right because I should've been out in the middle. Now I am in some cove of which I had never seen before. Buddy starts giving me a hard time and I am so confused, I have no choice but to just beach the boat and wait. As the fog lifted later, I had actually made a huge curve to the right and came back into a cove east of Mill Creek. The whole time I thought I was heading straight with a slight left heading. Not even close. I could tell on my self for a long time with stupid embarrassing stories.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteredneck View Post
no way chris....(insert vomit face) no way!!! This thread went way down south in more ways than one (#2).

it really happened man i was embaressed! Them suckers laughed at me all weekend! The next morning before heading out one of the guys had went to the store in creole and bought me some baby wipes and put them in my hunting bag with a note just in case. Lol!!!!!!!! Now that was pretty funny
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Misread the regs and had my older son throw back the biggest bass he'd ever caught.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Misread the regs and had my older son throw back the biggest bass he'd ever caught.
Did that before except on an offshore spearfishing trip let countless schools of monster snapper go by without firing a shot because my cousin said that the snapper season didn't open till the following weekend. I was ticked. That was when limit was 4 per person and we had 2 licensed ppl on the boat that weren't fishing. We coulda easily shot 16 monster reds. And we didn't bring back any. Imagine our faces when we got to the dock and saw ppl with snapper in their boxes
Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff_t_warren View Post
did that before except on an offshore spearfishing trip let countless schools of monster snapper go by without firing a shot because my cousin said that the snapper season didn't open till the following weekend. I was ticked. That was when limit was 4 per person and we had 2 licensed ppl on the boat that weren't fishing. We coulda easily shot 16 monster reds. And we didn't bring back any. Imagine our faces when we got to the dock and saw ppl with snapper in their boxes

yep that would have resulted to a swift kick to the junk
Old 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Redfish

Cash: 909

These comments have brought back a lot of memories...obviously suppressed memories of embarassing moments.

I too have had my boat float off the bank into the lake, I've lost my keys, wallet and cell phone over the side of the boat, but the best actually belongs to my dad...

Back in the 70s we took our camper to Holly Beach one week-end for a duck hunt. We arrived in the early morning at low tide, and dad unhooked the camper on the beach so we could head into the marsh for our hunt - I'm sure you can see where this is headed...when we came back from the hunt, our trailor was floating out in the gulf
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tiger View Post
these comments have brought back a lot of memories...obviously suppressed memories of embarassing moments.

I too have had my boat float off the bank into the lake, i've lost my keys, wallet and cell phone over the side of the boat, but the best actually belongs to my dad...

Back in the 70s we took our camper to holly beach one week-end for a duck hunt. We arrived in the early morning at low tide, and dad unhooked the camper on the beach so we could head into the marsh for our hunt - i'm sure you can see where this is headed...when we came back from the hunt, our trailor was floating out in the gulf

oh my!!!! That would suck
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

was on a business trip years ago and instead of golfing with the guys I choose to go up and fish Kerr resevoir with a guide for stipers.

Headed up rural hill, like deliverance type setting I was on a one lane highway headed at about 60% up and due east into a rising blinding sun...........I TEBONED the ranger check-in station, in a rental car.

Thank God no one was in the thing.
Apparently, the government in thier high intelligence had put the building there just a few days before to collect the landing fee.

I walked down the hill to a small manicured lawn and a spotless little wood frame house. Knocked on the door, keep in mind it's like 5:30 am and this old black man came to the door.

I told him my plight........first words out of his mouth was "I told them fools not to put that building there"

I wasn't ticketed because there was no road lines to lead me around the building.

But here the story gets even better........the car was totalled.
The guy at the rental place when I called was like "no problem sir, happens all the time, we can just settle the matter with the insurance when you return the car........I was like the car in no drivable" LOL........

So, the guide on the lake was nicknamed "Crash". Evertime one of his buddies called on the radio for "Crash" he would answer....."Which crash you want to talk to"

the story is a lot longer...........but you get the jist
Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Back in the late 70s my dad was part of a duck lease on a pond right at the southwest corner of where the jetties meet the Gulf at Calcasieu pass. There were 4' diameter culverts mostly buried in the ground painted green with seats at the western end of the pond serving as duck blinds. My dad had a few beers while we were hunting that morning and decided it would be a great opportunity for my first driving lesson, and I jumped at the chance to drive our big red Ford van home. I was 10.

I was very careful and remember driving the van past Holly Beach. I must not have been willing to go very fast, as I don't think I even made it past Mud Lake after turning north on 27 because my dad became impatient and had me pull over so he could drive the rest of the way home.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Been in a an afternoon dogfight, blast off was at 4:45, was at my hole for 5. First 10 cast I had my limit and was culling. Went to cull my first fish (not much of an upgrade) didn't have time to tag my fish as I was on a school, so I just kept livewell divided..Open lid, boom, fish jumps out, clear into the river. Wasn't even my cull fish, was actually a 2 1/4 lb fish. Meanwhile, my dad's friend watches all this happen from the bank.
I felt like the dumbazz.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 AM
Redfish

Cash: 846
Lmfao

About 8 or 9 years ago, my buddie's friend was coming from Lafayette to Houma and wanted to do some Bayou Black bass fishing. My buddy called me up to act as somewhat of a guide for them. The next day we get on the water and as we fish, I decide for once I'm not driving the boat and decide to start tossing them back. After a long day and a few fish we decide to crank up and head back to the landing. Before we start moving, I told him hang on I've got to piss. I go to the back of the boat and put one hand on the motor, whip out my junk, and begin draining.. Just then a crab boat pulls up behind us. (at this point there is no return, just keep on taking care of my business) I tell the driver to ease it into forward to move out of the crabbers way and (BaaaaDussssh!!!) I'm in the water with junk in hand...