SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Trout Population????

Ok..... Let me explain it to you like a 1st Grader!!!

Big Lake 13miles long... few miles wide!!!

I don’t care how much you fish or don’t fish you can only put a given amount of trout per square mile!!!! We have a 40ft ship channel that pushes hundreds of millions of gallons of water a day in and out!!! This brings food for everything in the estuary!!!

You quit fishing big lake today for 10 years and you will still only have the number of trout you can hold per square mile!!!

Not going to happen any other way!!!!........Big trout are not your future and who knows what they do! Some might come here for a month or two and leave to never return..........This has been proven in the LSU study already..........

So right now we have 15trout limit....200 people on the lake today......that’s 3000 trout taken out!!!

Low tide to high tide brings in around 3-4 thousand trout!!!! This don’t even take what’s in the marshes other side lakes or Gulf of Mexico!!!!

Trout move daily so how can you say we are hurting trout with a Rod N reel???? How?? Im all for conservation but Im not for Liberal fishing laws are rules.... Where there is a problem lets fix it..... We have no trout problem and to say we do is not a question. .... you or I know what tomorrow holds........

So until someone can prove to me or anybody else with Facts that we are over fishing our area im for the fisherman....not the FISH!!!!.........

Everyone that is aguring with me about this dont spend half the time I spend on the water....

Your not going to hear a guide complain about over fishing....If so he needs to close the doors to save fish!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (39.9 KB, 130 views)