SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
Electric Chicken said it well.

There is just no such thing as courtesy anymore. People will crowd you even if they think you are catching fish. I will hold my rod down when I'm hooked up when I see others that are "looking" at what and where I'm fishing. If you ease up and ask, I might oblidge and let you in on what's up w/ the fish. If you charge right in, we fightin'! It happens alot w/ boats messing up a wade in the bay or surf in my experiences. Also the rookies wading that don't know any better splashing and hollerin and spookin the fish. I try to get away from the crowd as much as possible for those reasons.
I mainly surf fish, bank fish the marsh and wade fish the bays w/o a boat and it happens plenty.
Wish i had a picture of "Buddy Ro" potlicking that boat at the end of the Baritaria jetty that day. That was a classic!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

What do you think about people cruzing from a distance, marking the spot and fishing after you leave?

Im talking about those who would follow, but keep their distance (100yds+) and not fish all day just grab ya spots. They wouldnt mess up your fishing, would they? Cause one time on this board many said thats a way to learn where the fish are
Old 01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Was the boat called my pal 2. That guy is a d-bag. I run from him everytime I see him. He will roll right up to you on plan and stop and attempt to catch fish.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post
They were just tipping their hats to the king of big lake, being honored to be in your presence and follow in your prop wash.

Only fished big lake once so i dont know how bad it is out there but i know v bay is pilgrim promise land

Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricChicken View Post
W, I am afraid that longcast is right. When you get a reputation for being a good angler and people know your boat - you will get followed. Was like that when I guided on Toledo Bend years ago. I know its frustrating and I don't blame you in whatever way you would decide to deal with this. I want you, SaltyShaw, Inchspinner, RigRatNoMeaux and all the other guys that have shared info with me to know that I appreciate it very much. I have put more fish in the boat because of what I have learned on this site and I know from experience what it takes to know what you know about catching trout.
Now I want to make a comment directed at all of you, who like me, are not as knowledgable about trout fishing as some of the guys like "W" on this site. "W" and other fishermen on this site who know there stuff have shared with me and with you a lot of useful information that took years for them to learn. If you want them to stop posting reports and sharing information that helps you out when you go fishing then KEEP POTLICKING THEM ON THE WATER!!!! Its like shooting yourself in the foot right before you run a race. You can not expect people who spent years and many thousands of dollars to keep handing over information - that helps you go out so you do not have to learn the hard way - to keep helping, if it becomes a pain in the butt for them to do so. Take the good info and go apply it out on the water on your own spot and you will really learn and then one day you will be the one helping someone else who is just learning. Kinda like paying it forward. Just my two cents but like it or not its true. EC
This is quality stuff right here
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Wish i had a picture of "Buddy Ro" potlicking that boat at the end of the Baritaria jetty that day. That was a classic!
They were mighty friendly. He was able to con a almost a 6 pack out of em.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
Was the boat called my pal 2. That guy is a d-bag. I run from him everytime I see him. He will roll right up to you on plan and stop and attempt to catch fish.
Remember that one time we were fishing and that boat "obsession"? Yall see a whaler named obsession run from that dude too.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic82 View Post
You should've been on Lake Decade yesterday. I took my wife out yesterday and I think every boat in the lake was all fishing in the same spot. At the worst I saw it you could have cast and hit at least 3 other boats. It was almost humorous.
How did you do? All the boats were working the East side Wednesday.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

potlickers.........lol...theres none at night....das my style...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Sailfish

Just potlick dem lights son! haha
Old 01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

It's like sea gulls, one starts picking next thing you know there is 100 from out of nowhere.....damn potlicking sea gulls!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
potlickers.........lol...theres none at night....das my style...
soo what if someone is fishin the dock and a PL pulls up on the outer edge casting towards the dock??? happened to me plenty of times while i was fishin my buddies dock.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

Just bring a box of cereal or crackers, get the gulls diving and slip away. Works like a charm!

Fish in a wrapped boat. Potlickers come from miles!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

I have a few honey holes that I wont ever pass close to during the weekends because I know the pot lickers will destroy them if they find out that there are fish there. The funny thing is that some of these areas are on the way to some of the more popular spots like Last Island and Wine Island in the summer time and in 15 yrs of fishing this area I have never seen anyone other than one of my fishing buddies go to these spots that me and him have a strict no weekdend fishing policy.
As far as Lake Decade
I dont fish Decade in December/January because of the crowds.
I can catch just as good in Dularge/Mechant once you learn the area
I dont mind seeing a few people on the water but Decade is just crazy and I dont go fishing to fight crowds.

If you dont want pilgrims then stay off the popular spots is all I can say.

If they follow you out of the launch (which I have had happen) stop somewhere random dont bring them to one of your good spots they will fish it clean when you are not there and some even destroy the habitat by running over reefs and dragging there motar over points without even knowing what they are doing.

Last edited by pricecb; 01-06-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: put weekday instead of weekend
Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

"W" you need to paint your boat white, get a t-top, and some stilts to look different

All joking aside, we should really take pics of it and post them on this site maybe they will be embarassed. I would rather be out the wind, away from people, and picking up on here and there.

It is bad in north Louisiana also although it typically happens in the winter when the white perch go deep. You can sit back and watch a guy catch a fish or 2 and every boat in the channel will just start easing over there and before you know it, there is a gaggle of em. I try to keep tight lipped about where I fish up there because too many good little places get ruined because someone felt the need to post a report on crappie.com about they heard from their brother-in laws that his aunties' grandad caught a bunch a fish in XXXX River
Old 01-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
soo what if someone is fishin the dock and a PL pulls up on the outer edge casting towards the dock??? happened to me plenty of times while i was fishin my buddies dock.
if im on the dock let em fish the way outers where you cant reach if im in the water you betta hold on...fishing spots at night are limited when theres only 1 light on....go find another or make your own....which im fixing to do.....
Old 01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
if im on the dock let em fish the way outers where you cant reach if im in the water you betta hold on...fishing spots at night are limited when theres only 1 light on....go find another or make your own....which im fixing to do.....
i dont mind people fishing the docks that i am on. respect my buds dock when we are on it and we can all have fun... you SHOULD NOT be casting on top of my bait though.... esp if we dont know you and you do not identify yourself.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I didn't potlick W yesterday, but I saw him fishing, eased up to him on his top secret spot with my trolling motor and marked it on my GPS. He never seen me. Gonna fish that hole for the rest of the winter...
Old 01-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Black Boat, White Jolly Roger with Butt Pirate on the sides should make them think twice about getting too close. Or you can put Rainbows on each side.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

All joking aside, we should really take pics of it and post them on this site maybe they will be embarassed:
Ei did that on Monday on another board, then it got linked on 2cool, went crazy & was deleted on both sites.