SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 04-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 4-17-18 Lacassine Pool

I planned on goin back to Houston river but last night at work decided to go to bell city drain ditch. have not been in there since like 1998-2000 when I bought my bay boat. never caught a lot but the white perch I did catch were good size 10"-12" fish. Anyway got there and it was extremely low! like the the sign for end of ramp was a foot from waters edge. probably could of launched this little boat but no one else there and didn't risk it. ive hung up my bay boat trailer before and that was no fun! so left thinking I wil go to Lorraine bridge and have a look at bayou lacassine. I know they catch a lot of white perch in there and have never been. Well I got to thinking it would sure be nice to see clean water for a change so off to the pool I go. never fished it in a boat but have caught small white perch off the bank. Fished it from 8-1100 am. ran way to the back west corner I'm pretty sure. was looking for deep water and structure for white perch. did not find the first white perch notta! but I did catch 15-16 Bass and actually had my 10 and started culling. set myself a 10" limit. yall don't hate on me to bad I don't bass fish much and just about out of last years fish and have not had any bass in years. around 1030 this ole boy shows up and motors up and anchors a boat link from me so I start asking questions and had plenty lol. told him I was looking for white perch and have not found them but have my 10 bass. he was surprised cause he catches white perch right where I was. was glad to know I was in a good spot for em and he says man the limit on bass is 8. I said OH I better throw to small ones back then so I reach in find one just over 9" and one almost 10". must of shrunk lol. the two smallest ones I toss them in. he says u threw them back already. he wanted them lol. I know how guys are about keeping small bass in there so didn't even offer em to him. talked for 15-20 minutes asking as many questions he would answer but he just got there and was ready to fish so I let him have it. I had caught a 5 pound catfish but instead of using net I reached down and grabbed line and had the whole fish out of water fixing to be in the boat and the small gold white perch hook straighten right out and in the water it went. that was dumb, lol. anyway I had told him about that blue cat and as I'm trolling out he switched from shiners to night crawlers and had two nice blue cats before I got my motor cranked to leave. I get to the launch and LDWF checks my fish and I told him all about my trip and he says man limit is 10! well now. LOL! He had checked 7 boats before me and all except one had no fish or just a couple. the one that had was two in boat and they had 14. said I was best boat so far. Maybe with the other two I said lol! It was fun and ill be back soon looking for some white perch again until Calcasieu clears up or until I find out more about this bayou lacassine or anywhere else with clean water to catch white perch. next time I'm bringing some night crawlers too. I have not had any catfish in as many years as bass. over 15 years for both I know. gonna clean fish later. Largest Bass was 14" and I think there is 3 12"ers. had I landed that catfish id skinned it there and made some creole with it tonight. man now I'm hungry goin eat then nap. good luck all

Last edited by MEM1971; 04-17-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Tripletail

Those other two bass and that big blue cat would be a better looking box. I know and read guys scratching there all the time calling it lacafish and stuff so I'm just lucky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1660.jpg (39.6 KB, 190 views)
Old 04-18-2018, 04:34 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Nice man. The fish size limit is 10? by the way.
We caught 18 yesterday and kept 14. Smallest being 12.5 inches. Largest 2 fish being almost 4lbs. We only fished till 10am. Short fun trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2018, 04:35 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Old 04-18-2018, 07:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,160
Default 4-17-18 Lacassine Pool

Great story and thanks for the post.
I have been humbled numerous times at Lacassine Pool but have had days out there that keep me loving it. The Great Balance.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Tripletail

now thatsa nice looking box of fish meat killer. u must be the 14 fish boat LDWF told me about. Nice