SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902
Default Any UL grads?

Considering UL....3 things pulling me towards it over MSU... Fishing Team.. Central Loacation... and obviously the women..
Old 05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Great college....I can show you all the good spots for "talent" and fish the basin.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Considering UL....3 things pulling me towards it over MSU... Fishing Team.. Central Loacation... and obviously the women..
OMG!!!! THE WOMEN!!!! Nowhere else like it on earth!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Great college....I can show you all the good spots for "talent" and fish the basin.
What you know bout "talent"???
Old 05-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
What you know bout "talent"???
What you know bout it....your a old married fart
Old 05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Great White

How bad is the living over there though lol. The fishing and women is nice bonus.
Apartments?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,315

Traffic in Lafayette sucks.

Good note, cousin is the pres of the U

Don't know what that gets you or me, but oh well
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

Lamar has a fishing team. And they beat big name schools all the time. Pretty cool a good friend of mine fishes for them. Qualifying tournaments on Rayburn or Toledo each yr.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
How bad is the living over there though lol. The fishing and women is nice bonus.
Apartments?
They have very nice apartments....they have a few just for UL students like campus crossing. Go there on weekends sometimes,the pool area is legit. You would love everything about lafayette. Been here my whole life can't find a reason to leave yet.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Traffic sucks if u don't know the right roads to take. I'll put u on some freshwater fish. And girls.... well, u already know
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

ksuire92 fishes for McNeese, I think. Send him a PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Traffic in Lafayette sucks.

Good note, cousin is the pres of the U

Don't know what that gets you or me, but oh well
And this is why I ruled out LSU.
Sure the women are amazing there, but what's BR got that Laffy doesn't!
UL is dead center of Bass fishing heaven.
Women

I can't see a reason not to.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Great White

Yes lafayete traffic blows but br is worse
Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,189

Fool with your grades, if your ACT/SAT is high enough could you get a full ride to UT? The connections that I have seen longhorns have in the business community are significant and if you do want to party some like it sounds like you do, UT is commodity ranked as one of the top party schools in the country. The night life and women in Austin would not leave you disappointed if that is your thing. What a degree from UT brings to the table is that anywhere you go in America that education stands for something, it is known brand name.

I have no interest in MSU, ULL or even UT for that matter, just some advice from someone that has been in business community and I see it every day. If agriculture is interests you consider aTm.

I am not knocking small schools, I am a small school product. That being said what I had to do and the road I had to take would have been much easier had I had a better pedigree.

Good luck with your decision, there will be pretty girls wherever you go. Think about what you want to do after school and get the best education you can afford.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Fool with your grades, if your ACT/SAT is high enough could you get a full ride to UT? The connections that I have seen longhorns have in the business community are significant and if you do want to party some like it sounds like you do, UT is commodity ranked as one of the top party schools in the country. The night life and women in Austin would not leave you disappointed if that is your thing. What a degree from UT brings to the table is that anywhere you go in America that education stands for something, it is known brand name.

I have no interest in MSU, ULL or even UT for that matter, just some advice from someone that has been in business community and I see it every day. If agriculture is interests you consider aTm.

I am not knocking small schools, I am a small school product. That being said what I had to do and the road I had to take would have been much easier had I had a better pedigree.

Good luck with your decision, there will be pretty girls wherever you go. Think about what you want to do after school and get the best education you can afford.
Sound advice Brayden.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
ksuire92 fishes for McNeese, I think. Send him a PM.
If I remember correctly, a couple years back there was some interest among the wildlife management students to start a team. School denied because of insurance and the need to furnish a few team boats. If it has changed and there is one, that's awesome.

sammich
Old 05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,544

Ull grad here... their research programs are outstanding for the college size..
Old 05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post

That might be fitting for business/accounting, but with a specialized degree(engineering, nursing, education, etc.) from the smaller schools, you can go anywhere you want and find a good job
Old 05-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Great White

I'm just spit ballin' here.
Realized today it's time to atleast get a some what idea of where I wanted to go. Plan to be an I&E Designer or something along the drafting. Eventually want to go out of country to other industries. Nothing is official just trying to get an idea.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
That might be fitting for business/accounting, but with a specialized degree(engineering, nursing, education, etc.) from the smaller schools, you can go anywhere you want and find a good job
I think it also depends on where you want to live/work. For example in Dallas/Houston an engineering degree from aTm would be looked at more favorably than ULL/LSU. If you are in a hot field like Nursing you can find a job with an Our Lady of the Lake degree. It does matter in professional fields (law, business, doctor, etc..) in my opinion. Does it matter in the oil field? Probably not near as much unless he wanted to move into management in one of the mega Texas cities.

At the end of the day, how you perform and how motivated you are will determine your success not where you went to school. However for my kids, I want the best education I can afford and I want to give them every advantage I can possibly give them. I went to Southeastern in Hammond. No matter what any of us say on this thread a degree from SLU in Hammond or ULL in Lafy does not measure up to a degree from Tulane, Rice, UT or any of the more expensive schools. Is it worth it? That is a debate we could have for weeks and not agree. It will not be worth it to some people and it will to others.

My point was if he can get a free ride, get the best free ride that he can get and then make the most of it. Do not pick a school because your friends are going there or becauase of what you think the girls will be like or traffic. Those reasons would concern me. Traffic is bad everywhere you go and girls are hot at every campus.