SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283
Default Lazy Crum snatchers!!

You guys that fish boats...need to follow process....If im casting in a direction, dont park ya boat on my fish just because you see me catch one...I DONT OWN THE ****N LAKE..."BUT I HAVE A RESPECT FOR OTHER FISHERMEN"!!! GET THE **** OFF ME,,, AND FIND YA OWN FISH.....POTLICKER!!!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.B View Post
You guys that fish boats...need to follow process....If im casting in a direction, dont park ya boat on my fish just because you see me catch one...I DONT OWN THE ****N LAKE..."BUT I HAVE A RESPECT FOR OTHER FISHERMEN"!!! GET THE **** OFF ME,,, AND FIND YA OWN FISH.....POTLICKER!!!
Ha.. had a group do that to me, every time I would pull one in theyd take over my spot so Id just move and catch more in a different spot.. repeat wash rinse. Think theyd blow a lid when they get too close and you set the hook in their gut?
Old 09-28-2015, 12:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

I had a guy pick up his power pole and troll full speed across a reef the other day just to cut me off, and did it more than once. I guess he thought he'd make me mad and I'd leave. I'd just troll the other direction and continue catching fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

every now and then I pack a few extra slices of bread with my sandwich

When you are about to leave a spot break up the bread and throw it in the water. The birds will be all over. Then sit back and watch them fools roll in from miles away. Keeps them busy for about 20min. Really great when you are only moving a couple hundred yards or so. Watch them scratch their heads for awhile.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post

When you are about to leave a spot break up the bread and throw it in the water. The birds will be all over. Then sit back and watch them fools roll in from miles away. Keeps them busy for about 20min. Really great when you are only moving a couple hundred yards or so. Watch them scratch their heads for awhile.

a hand full of corn.....then watch and enjoy.....
Old 09-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Spring and summer are the worst. especially if there is some wind on a Saturday morning and these guys cant get to the outside of last island to drown minnows/shrimp on the bottom. They lose it and start running everywhere. If they wouldn't always run to the most obvious places when the weather is good and put in some time to find other areas they would know places to go in rougher weather or conditions. Most of these people have a boat because they saw a fishing show. Or went with a buddy one time.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I caught limits two days in a row in the middle of 7 boats !! It was awesome
Old 09-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

We had a "guide boat" basically run us off birds yesterday. My friend's FIL invited us on his boat, so I wasn't going to make a fuss about it, but man it pissed me off!

Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonikoddity View Post
We had a "guide boat" basically run us off birds yesterday. My friend's FIL invited us on his boat, so I wasn't going to make a fuss about it, but man it pissed me off!

This bothers me too. I watched a guide with a boat full of women get into a screaming fight with a guy in another boat about sharing birds. I understand it's his job to put his people on fish, but if it's his job he shouldn't have to chase birds to catch fish.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Your not a guide (or a good one at that ) if you stop and fish birds with another boat on them
That's just ridiculous!
Only birds i will ever fish is a group that is not in site of boats.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

something truly sad happened to me a few weeks ago.. I got the experience in freshwater, while fishing for bass. I've never seen that happen before while freshwater fishing. I always thought bass guys were a little more courteous than others. It was a tragic day. He did exactly that. Parked on the spot where the fish were holding.. I even asked him to back off then cast as he was sitting on top of the fish and all he did was curse me out
Old 09-29-2015, 08:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 725

Hell I had one come in on top of me in Toledo Bend while I was catching fish on every cast! When he was less than 5 yards from me I asked if he would like to fish out of my boat! After he left I got him back by going ride donuts around him and when he asked me what I was doing I told him you don't own the lake just like he had told me!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post

Popcorn works good...
Old 09-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
something truly sad happened to me a few weeks ago.. I got the experience in freshwater, while fishing for bass. I've never seen that happen before while freshwater fishing. I always thought bass guys were a little more courteous than others. It was a tragic day. He did exactly that. Parked on the spot where the fish were holding.. I even asked him to back off then cast as he was sitting on top of the fish and all he did was curse me out
That is sad indeed. It's not like bass are only going to be in that one spot. And like you mentioned bass fisherman are known for not fishing on top of one another..
Old 09-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409

It's a sad state of affairs out there on Big Lake. Like most of you, I've experienced it too. You have to make a conscious decision not to be a potlicker. It's easy to do when you're on fish. It's a little more difficult when someone is spanking them, right in front of you. That's when a man is really tested. Some guys just can't put common courtesy ahead of a speckled trout.

Myself personally, I just potlick the black Haynie, Pwahahahaha.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

I usually just roll on up to the spot with a boat full of ladiez bumpin some Toby Keith, catch all their limits, then boats start blowin up my spot and they're like "hey man what're they bitin on, what kinda cologne is that, what kinda underwear are you wearin?" And I'm just like "don't look me in the eye boy" then I just crank er up and head to the sizzler
Old 09-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Some people genuinely don't know any better I think. I've been with other people before that the whole time I'm having to bite my toungue bc they simply dgaf, or are too stupid to realize they are messing others fishing up. Even when Toledo gets super crowded it rarely happens to me. My mind was completely blown my first few trips to BL on how rude and d**khead-ish people could be down there. I remember literally unhooking a guys jig head that was hung in OUR boat and putting a redfish on it for him to reel in (we already had our reds, and it was at the wiers, duh lol)
Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Flounder

Quote:
had a guy do this to me in henderson. was tearing up the sac a lait on this one tree and he motors over full speed, bee lining to me. swamped my boat and tied up to the same tree. Had a kid with him at that. What are you teaching the future generations its ok to do? I told him it didnt bother me but it should bother him that he is teaching his kid to be discourteous.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:41 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlangle View Post
I usually just roll on up to the spot with a boat full of ladiez bumpin some Toby Keith, catch all their limits, then boats start blowin up my spot and they're like "hey man what're they bitin on, what kinda cologne is that, what kinda underwear are you wearin?" And I'm just like "don't look me in the eye boy" then I just crank er up and head to the sizzler
Kenny Powers, that you?
Old 09-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlangle View Post
lmao