SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

If you really want speed - check out the Majek 2200 Xtreme. Don't ask me about price as I have no idea, but these boats fly!!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

I still like blazer bay...24..its bad....unless i can have a free 24 yellowfin rigged out wit a 350 yammy....mah ole Nitro bay is good enough till i start the business though...i use mah flat half the year anyways...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
purebay2200....hands down. i can run upper 50 in a 2 ft chop. it gets on top and justs rides the waves. it has a big carolina flare then keeps u dry, unless u got a side wind which there is no protecton from that in a bay boat. i can run the skinny water or run out to the 12 mile rigs in venice. ery comfortable ride and never a worry.
trim tabs help if u have a heavy load or unbalanced load. on a flat calm day ill run 62 mph. absolutely love my boat.

NOpe you said you would do it different next time around!!!

Mike I heard the majek's stuff the bow in the chop!!! bad azzz boat for inside the lake tho...i like the UFo one they had on 2cruel
Old 11-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Headknocker next time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post

Mike I heard the majek's stuff the bow in the chop!!! bad azzz boat for inside the lake tho...i like the UFo one they had on 2cruel
yea i will....ill buy everything i want on the boat when i buy yhe boat.....alot cheaper then. i didnt know what i needed /wanted back then . i do now.
next boat will b a 24 ft, no doubt.

the majek is a sweet boat, but not built for an open lake or bay. ive seen a few of there try and cross bays in hopedale....not fun looking.
but if u stay protected they are a good doat.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Ling

Cheers speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_slayer View Post
LMAO.......I feel like a douche. OK do you have any idea what the speed would be with the 24 footer? But i really think 22' would be more of what I'm looking for!

ull top at about 56 in a 24 purebay. the big thing with the purebays is getting the prop right. it will ride like a cadillac with a ferarri engine once its proped correct
Old 11-10-2009, 09:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post

I can't speak about em in the chop, but I rode in one on a calm day and that thing flew. Saw a composite one at the houston boat show that supposedly would do 80 but you couldn't pay me to have to try that out in a bay boat - especially not in the chop!!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Ling

when i ran the film crew around hopedale for the REDFISH CUP back in aug, there were some seriously fast boats out there!!!! one inparticular was ran by chuck and cj howard, the winner of the tourny, they had a sterling 22 ft with a mercury 250 pro xs. man i tell u it flew!! i was runnin 60 and they left me!!! chuck said the boat will run 72-75 depending on load and wind. that is no lie!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
ull top at about 56 in a 24 purebay. the big thing with the purebays is getting the prop right. it will ride like a cadillac with a ferarri engine once its proped correct
What is the roughest water you would take the boat in?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Yall want some speed wait until my Next hitch off!!! When the Black beast is unleashed!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethetiger55 View Post
I can't speak about em in the chop, but I rode in one on a calm day and that thing flew. Saw a composite one at the houston boat show that supposedly would do 80 but you couldn't pay me to have to try that out in a bay boat - especially not in the chop!!

W's been 85mph in RR's bote.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Ling

well keep in mind i fish lake p in 3-4 fters.....thats not for the faint of heart. and ive run to the 12 mile rigs out of venice. i really have confidence in my boat and in my ability/knowledge.
i will run mine in what i feel comfortable in, over a 5 ft and i get worried, a 3 ft rouge wave from the side will roll almost any boat.
my rule is if u question should i go or not.....just dont go. be safe, them fish aint goin no where.
ill tell u this, i fished a redfish tourny in october of 2008 from the rigolets marina in slidell. we were gonna run to the biloxi marsh and fish the northern tip of the area.
to corss lake borgne it was a 20 mile run across open water, we were gonna enter from the the northerm most point and work our way down toward bayou st malo then return home.
well the wind was 25 mph out of the northeast.....our exact dourse.....it was 4 fters for 45 mi as we crossed, but we made it. a lil wet but very happy and extremely pleased. we placed 10 out of 60.
the run back was just as bad , but being in the southern area we only had to corss 6 miles.
i talked to many others that day who turned back and stayed closer to home.
if u want a safe boat here is the list of the most poplular boats i have seen ran in the redfish cups

triton-30%
lake and bay-20%
ranger-20%
shearwater/sterling-20%
bluewave-10%

yes these guys are sponsored by the companies, but believe me after talking to them they choose which company they go with. they live or die in these boats. if its good enough for the redfish cup and the wide expansed of water /conditions they cover, its good enough for any amatuer/ weekend warrior.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Yeah I'm looking at a lake and bay right now..............that sucker is fine, but I'm worried it wont handle rough water very well.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Ling

the 24 & 22 lake and bay is a solid boat for any waters. and will screeam on the water.
trition, is probably the tuffest boat out there. the boat is extremely user friendly.but will not achieve high speeds.

ranger will get u any where u can imagine and do it very comfortably, but its probably the slowest of the boats.

bluewave will get the fast, safe and for less money. they dont advertise like the bigger companies and get all thier parts from us companies. perfect for families, guides or tournament anglers.

sterling is prob the fastest, but u will fell anything over 2 ft chop. is safe but ull know the chop is up.

u really cant go wrong with any of them, each has special features that set it apart from the other.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Neighbor has a Majek that runs 62 with T Top, helps him get to the wiers really fast.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

If I want to get there before everyone else, I just leave early.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 675
Default 22'4" with 225 HPDI Blackjack

find someone with the above and take a ride. You won't look any further. If you are looking for a boat of this type than $ is only one of the considerations. Most of the money goes to electronics, power poles, hydraulic jack plates, bimini, and trim tabs. etc. Another piece of advice: go with radial tires and tortion bars and aluminum channel trailer! There is a lot of technology about the reverse strake and dead rise configuration of the hull, but what it means is the boat rides stable, runs dry, digs in a turns with authority and control, jumps out of shallow water, and runs 58-59 MPH with two big boys aboard. There is lots of fishing space, and you can stand on the gunnels anywhere and fish. Down side: the boat with trailer is SOOOO long it is hard to get it into some places, and it is very wide. There are bridges where it's a little scary to cross. Downside: 9-10MPG pulling, and 70 gallon tank at 7-8 gallons per hour at cruise. I would not recommend the 4 stroke, but would recommend HPDI with bullet foot and low water intake. I think that if K2 Marine (Bill Kenner's company) made a 24' Champion, Triton etc. would sell a lot less of their boats the guides like
Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

24 ft blackjack and frontier are in the works.......

If I had the $$, I'd get the blackjack with a 250 verado. That'd be a beast.