SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
If u gonna spend over $1k on a shotgun, gotta go Benelli. Lightest, fastest, easy to clean, and very balanced. Beretta is a good gun but very bulky. Browning weighs a ton.

Spec, stop hatin' on the Berretta. The SBE II, the Extrema II, and the Super X II, all weigh within a couple tenths of a pound of each other. The Super X III is about a half pound lighter than the other three. You are right about the Brownings, except for the Maxxus.

I admit the original Extrema was bulky, but the Extrema II is very slimmed down, of course I'm biased I own one. Shoulder them all before you dish out the cash, ends up being personal decision.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Allen View Post
well i sold a few things and saved up my moneyand now have a budget or about 1500 dollars. I like the way the benelli guns feel in my hands but i cant decide between the vinci and the sbe2. Also willing to look at other options any advice or opinions are appreciated

Buy used and spend the extra cash for more gear. Older Browning Gold's are selling for $600-$700, SBE I's $700-$900. You may have to hunt hard but they are out there, don't get caught up in the GOTTA HAVE IT syndrome.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OFwlKlr View Post
Spec, stop hatin' on the Berretta. The SBE II, the Extrema II, and the Super X II, all weigh within a couple tenths of a pound of each other. The Super X III is about a half pound lighter than the other three. You are right about the Brownings, except for the Maxxus.

I admit the original Extrema was bulky, but the Extrema II is very slimmed down, of course I'm biased I own one. Shoulder them all before you dish out the cash, ends up being personal decision.
Haha I ain't hating. Just speaking the truth. My buddy has an extrema 2 and he hates it. He is trying to sell it, and rathers shoot a BPS shadowgrass pump over it while he is waiting to sell it. Like u said it's personal pref though. I have another buddy that has one and loves it. I used to have a gold hunter and that thing was a tank. I never shot a maxis.

My buddy BJ Williams told me he hunted with u opening weekend of teal season.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Sailfish

Check out these SBE I's, all are good buys at $800 or less.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=193614865

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=193434262

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=193902828

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=193983971
Old 10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Haha I ain't hating. Just speaking the truth. My buddy has an extrema 2 and he hates it. He is trying to sell it, and rathers shoot a BPS shadowgrass pump over it while he is waiting to sell it. Like u said it's personal pref though. I have another buddy that has one and loves it. I used to have a gold hunter and that thing was a tank. I never shot a maxis.

My buddy BJ Williams told me he hunted with u opening weekend of teal season.

He must really hate that Extrema II to shoot a BPS.

Your buddy was with Tim Z.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Flounder

Cash: 627

The more i look into this the harder it gets but as of right now im pretty set on the vinci. I figure if i really need to use 3 1/2 inch i'll just take my mossberg with me but i dont see that happening often if at all. Im goin to look at them one last time before i decide but the vinci just seems to fit better and i like the technology behind it.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Allen View Post
The more i look into this the harder it gets but as of right now im pretty set on the vinci. I figure if i really need to use 3 1/2 inch i'll just take my mossberg with me but i dont see that happening often if at all. Im goin to look at them one last time before i decide but the vinci just seems to fit better and i like the technology behind it.
Good choice.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Sailfish

I would talk to as many gunsmiths as possible before
buying the Vinci. Reports have been mixed on it's reliability. If you are going 3", the beretta 390 is as reliable as you can find in a gas gun.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I would talk to as many gunsmiths as possible before
buying the Vinci. Reports have been mixed on it's reliability. If you are going 3", the beretta 390 is as reliable as you can find in a gas gun.
Asterisk-Rich has one and hasn't had any problems with it. He loves it. It's a very nice gun. If they made a 3 1/2 I would sell my SBE 2 and prob buy one. Disassembles and Reassembles in seconds.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

I shoot a maxus and have no problems. I also have the Browning gold and silver. Never any problems with any of them. I am a guide and my guns catch all kinds of hell. Only shoot 3 1/2 's all season and very few cleanings. So i wouldnt shoot anything else, but if I had to change it would be to a beretta . Most of my customers clomplaints are about the benellis.