SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron man View Post
2nd amendment rights. Anyone over 18 can carry a pistol in plain sight without a CC as long as its always visible. I left it at home that day. Its perfectly legal, a PD got sued when they arrested a man for wearing one in plain view for violating the man's 2nd amendment, he won.
open carry isn't a 2nd amendment right, open carry is legal in louisiana, but not every other state, its legal here but you can be asked to not carry in some places, you can be denied business or asked to leave, or you can be harassed by cops because people keep calling them because your walking around with a gun and they have to respond because its a public safety issue. the 2nd amendment was for the ownership of firearms, not the right to carry one. now if a state has open carry laws and someone is arrested for openly carrying a firearm, that person can sue the PD for violation of a civil right that the state has given the citizen.
Open carry is legal but not smart! you can't walk in a bank, government building, place of worship or any place that sells alcohol, if are intoxicated at or over .05% bac you can be charged with a illegal weapons charge. Best part is since you are not legal age to buy a gun who ever bought you that gun did a straw purchase, which was illegal! also if you are going to carry a gun, you better know the aggressor law, which pretty much states the aggressor can't claim self-defense, which pretty much explains why a lot of people go to jail for murder when they think they are defending themselves! if your gonna carry you better know LA R.S. 14:18- 14:22. word for word.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902
Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
open carry isn't a 2nd amendment right, open carry is legal in louisiana, but not every other state, its legal here but you can be asked to not carry in some places, you can be denied business or asked to leave, or you can be harassed by cops because people keep calling them because your walking around with a gun and they have to respond because its a public safety issue. the 2nd amendment was for the ownership of firearms, not the right to carry one. now if a state has open carry laws and someone is arrested for openly carrying a firearm, that person can sue the PD for violation of a civil right that the state has given the citizen.
Open carry is legal but not smart! you can't walk in a bank, government building, place of worship or any place that sells alcohol, if are intoxicated at or over .05% bac you can be charged with a illegal weapons charge. Best part is since you are not legal age to buy a gun who ever bought you that gun did a straw purchase, which was illegal! also if you are going to carry a gun, you better know the aggressor law, which pretty much states the aggressor can't claim self-defense, which pretty much explains why a lot of people go to jail for murder when they think they are defending themselves! if your gonna carry you better know LA R.S. 14:18- 14:22. word for word.

Glad someone typed it out. I sure wasn't going too
Old 06-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
cut and paste saves some time
Old 06-30-2011, 11:57 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
well yeah, I'm not sure if rusty boy can comprehend all of this!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
well yeah, I'm not sure if rusty boy can comprehend all of this!
get TIN MAN some oil
Old 07-01-2011, 12:17 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

I didn't cut and paste, this is all knowledge, I carry a gun, I reload, I studied the criminal justice system , learned constitutional law, civil rights, case study. I've studied criminology, victimology, crime scene processing, criminalistics, and a list of other cj subjects. which have helped me in no way in life, other than I have an interesting degree that I don't use!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Sailfish

[QUOTE=LPfishnTIM;278590]I didn't cut and paste, this is all knowledge, I carry a gun, I reload, I studied the criminal justice system , learned constitutional law, civil rights, case study. I've studied criminology, victimology, crime scene processing, criminalistics, and a list of other cj subjects. which have helped me in no way in life, other than I have an interesting degree that I don't use![/QUOT

Didn't mean that you had, was just tellin fool to cut and paste if he didn't want to type something like that.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Quote:
I bought my gun private party at the legal age of 19. I comprehend all of it, matter of fact, I knew pretty much most of it, but I didn't feel like typing it out earlier. I find it so awesome how most people think I'm an idiot just from the things I say or don't say.
Only time I've actually had to almost pull it out was when some *****s were trying to break in and steal stuff from my brother's house about 6 weeks ago before we went fishing the next morning. We had a off duty deputy sherriff join us (me and my brother) who heard the comotion in a foot race through a field to try and catch the *****s. They got away by running faster than us and into the projects. The on duty sherriffs did come and file a report about 10 minutes later and all they did was ask my age and ask to run the numbers which I agreed to as its been done twice before. They caught the *****s about 2 weeks ago trying to break into some people's house down the street with a 12 gauge (and thats mostly why I own it). Now if we would have actually caught the guys without the sherriff, would I have done something stupid if they were unarmed? No. Now if they were armed and pointed a weapon in my direction and fired, then things would have been different. Never fire unless fired upon.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:35 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron man View Post
I bought my gun private party at the legal age of 19. I comprehend all of it, matter of fact, I knew pretty much most of it, but I didn't feel like typing it out earlier. I find it so awesome how most people think I'm an idiot just from the things I say or don't say.
Only time I've actually had to almost pull it out was when some *****s were trying to break in and steal stuff from my brother's house about 6 weeks ago before we went fishing the next morning. We had a off duty deputy sherriff join us (me and my brother) who heard the comotion in a foot race through a field to try and catch the *****s. They got away by running faster than us and into the projects. The on duty sherriffs did come and file a report about 10 minutes later and all they did was ask my age and ask to run the numbers which I agreed to as its been done twice before. They caught the *****s about 2 weeks ago trying to break into some people's house down the street with a 12 gauge (and thats mostly why I own it). Now if we would have actually caught the guys without the sherriff, would I have done something stupid if they were unarmed? No. Now if they were armed and pointed a weapon in my direction and fired, then things would have been different. Never fire unless fired upon.

YES THEY DO!

and no, that aint self defense, unless you like dying! ONCE SOMEONE TAKES A GUN OUT OR ANYTHING THAT IS REASONABLY ABLE TO CAUSE DEATH OR GREAT BODILY HARM, AND THEY INTEND TO DO BODILY HARM TO YOU, OR SOMEONE ELSE, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE WITH FORCE AS LONG AS THEY ARE STILL THE AGGRESSOR, IF THEY BACK OFF, ONCE YOU PULL OUT A GUN (OR WEAPON) AND APPROACH THEM THEY ARE NO LONGER THE AGGRESSOR.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Never fire unless fired upon???

Pull a gun on me or my family and I WILL fire first.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
YES THEY DO!

and no, that aint self defense, unless you like dying! ONCE SOMEONE TAKES A GUN OUT OR ANYTHING THAT IS REASONABLY ABLE TO CAUSE DEATH OR GREAT BODILY HARM, AND THEY INTEND TO DO BODILY HARM TO YOU, OR SOMEONE ELSE, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE WITH FORCE AS LONG AS THEY ARE STILL THE AGGRESSOR, IF THEY BACK OFF, ONCE YOU PULL OUT A GUN (OR WEAPON) AND APPROACH THEM THEY ARE NO LONGER THE AGGRESSOR.
last time I checked a dead man can't claim that I was the aggressor in all serious though how would this be handled by police though, they pull up dead man on the ground and me holding my gun saying he pulled a weapon on me and I defended myself? Correct me if I'm wrong but I would get arrested then have court and all of that good stuff correct? Boy im glad I let the cops handle my dirty work a while back this crapt confuses the hell out of me with the what I can and can't dos.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Even if you are cleared of any criminal wrong-doing, you better have a good attorney and deep pockets because 90% of the time, there is a civil suit sure to follow.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Even if you are cleared of any criminal wrong-doing, you better have a good attorney and deep pockets because 90% of the time, there is a civil suit sure to follow.
I can about imagine the mess youd be in
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Shawn, I'm real surprised you didn't get sued when your "ordeal" happened.........I was waiting for it
Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Shawn, I'm real surprised you didn't get sued when your "ordeal" happened.........I was waiting for it
Their was a civil suit on the LCPD last time checked but really nothing that they could sue me with really, i didnt shoot the brotha
Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
last time I checked a dead man can't claim that I was the aggressor in all serious though how would this be handled by police though, they pull up dead man on the ground and me holding my gun saying he pulled a weapon on me and I defended myself? Correct me if I'm wrong but I would get arrested then have court and all of that good stuff correct? Boy im glad I let the cops handle my dirty work a while back this crapt confuses the hell out of me with the what I can and can't dos.

I was told by few cops that if it gets to the point of you pulling a gun to defend then first be prepared to use it, second shoot until the threat is gone if you shoot and last when the cops get there have your gun put where they can see it out of your hand and be prepared you are going to jail.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
Their was a civil suit on the LCPD last time checked but really nothing that they could sue me with really, i didnt shoot the brotha
Man I miss my boy already. He was cool mane.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Before your family or yourself is mortally wounded by an aggressor, squeeze the trigger to render the aggressor and work through the legal stuff. The legal stuff is normal process that you and your attorney will have to step through.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Don't fire unless fired upon!!?? This ain't a movie bud......real life moves a bit quicker than That.....
Old 07-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Don't fire unless fired upon!!?? This ain't a movie bud......real life moves a bit quicker than That.....
Yeah, it would be my luck that the ol boy who shoots at me was either a good shot or on a winning streak!