SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
just gearin' up for a little civil unrest...
And now all of SC is on the watch list. L MAO
Old 10-05-2012, 07:34 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
And now all of SC is on the watch list. L MAO
oh great!!! I bet SC was already on the watch list! so is LAS, bayou shooters, and a few thousand other sportsman related websites!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Got a question?? Do any of you know of any uppers that come with a 16" barrel with the front sights moved forward towards the end of the barrel so you can put a full length 14 or 15 " handgaurd on it ? I really like this look and wanna go this route but don't wanna have to do extensive barrel mods to do it...I know I could just piece together the upper on my own Nd maybe find a barell that's already modes this way but they are almost 300 bucks just for the barrel and I don't feel I'm experienced enough with Ar's yet to put together my own upper.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 PM
King Mackeral

May have answered my own question...I think I'm looking for a dissipator upper? Any experience with them anyone
Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

M16 is what that is...
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Mid-length upper?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
King Mackeral

Yes it's a mid length gas system or carbine length......with a 16 inch carbine barell and longer furniture...more distance between front and rear sights plus carbine length is a plus when using irons from Wat I can tell
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Go with no front sight and put decent optics with the MBUS sights. From my limited experience these are very solid sights. I have them on my MP 15-22 and I'll steady hit a 3" plinked at 50 yards with the MBUS. Plus, I prefer the look.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

brought the franken fighter 15 out today, went to sight it in and do some plinking at sherburne wma. Shot first mag and had 2 miss feeds with american eagle ammo which is federal, then shot 2 mags of tula, no problems at all! then shot 2 more mags of the AE with no problems, they had a few other guys shooting ARs out there one guy had the pro mag 42rd mags, he was having a few extraction and feeding problems, I think its better to stick to 30rd mags they've been around longer and the springs have been proven to keep the right amount of pressure. Also while I was out there meet another member of SC (country boy) who was sighting in his rifles for hunting season.

also one rant about public gun ranges, if you sight your rifle in and leave it on the bench pointing down range the range is hot regardless if it is loaded or not, I never consider a gun unloaded even if the bolt is pulled back. One dumb@ss wanted to tell me otherwise, I was on the opposite side of the range and wasn't walking in front of it but I didn't know if his bolt was in or out or if it was loaded or not, I don't assume its not, accidents happen! when I got there I noticed at least 4 guys walked out there with there guns on a lead sled or a sand bag pointing at them while they made adjustments to there targets down range bad part is there doing this in front of there kids who should be learning gun safety instead of carelessness!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
brought the franken fighter 15 out today, went to sight it in and do some plinking at sherburne wma. Shot first mag and had 2 miss feeds with american eagle ammo which is federal, then shot 2 mags of tula, no problems at all! then shot 2 more mags of the AE with no problems, they had a few other guys shooting ARs out there one guy had the pro mag 42rd mags, he was having a few extraction and feeding problems, I think its better to stick to 30rd mags they've been around longer and the springs have been proven to keep the right amount of pressure. Also while I was out there meet another member of SC (country boy) who was sighting in his rifles for hunting season.

also one rant about public gun ranges, if you sight your rifle in and leave it on the bench pointing down range the range is hot regardless if it is loaded or not, I never consider a gun unloaded even if the bolt is pulled back. One dumb@ss wanted to tell me otherwise, I was on the opposite side of the range and wasn't walking in front of it but I didn't know if his bolt was in or out or if it was loaded or not, I don't assume its not, accidents happen! when I got there I noticed at least 4 guys walked out there with there guns on a lead sled or a sand bag pointing at them while they made adjustments to there targets down range bad part is there doing this in front of there kids who should be learning gun safety instead of carelessness!
This kind of general lack of "good" gun safety unfortunately is common at Sherburne. I try to get on the outside position to get as far away from other shooters as possible.

What I really don't like......is someone handling their rifle [make sight adjustments ???] while people are down checking targets and the range is suppose to be "clear".

This time of the year the range is usually fairly busy, even during the week.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Entering A World of Pain

got a chance to fire my rig sat...9 shots to zero here in at 25m...iron sights take getting used too. no ftf overall very pleased...and yes i unloaded a clip as fast as possible just to see...no probs
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
got a chance to fire my rig sat...9 shots to zero here in at 25m...iron sights take getting used too. no ftf overall very pleased...and yes i unloaded a clip as fast as possible just to see...no probs
"Sweet Patricia"
Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
"Sweet Patricia"
yes sir